Thread: Assassin's Creed: Origins - IGN First Gameplay Footage | Forums

Locopells's Avatar AC Forum Mod

Assassin's Creed: Origins - IGN First Gameplay Footage

9 people found this helpful

dxsxhxcx's Avatar Senior Member
    I wonder if we'll be able to 1HKO the horseman (and other enemies like him) using the Hidden Blade if we approach him stealthy.

I REALLY hope they have a proper explanation as to why we can see through Senu's eyes and control it, like a POE or something.
     1 people found this helpful

Kiroku's Avatar Member
    At minute 4 you can even carry stone away to be able to walk through a hole lol

Edit: You can use the torch whenever you want not only in tombs and also to throw it somewhere to distract enemies or set something on fire. Sounds good!

Edit 2: Shooting arrows while in a haystack.. this is awesome!

Since Ashraf mentioned that quests like shown in the footage will be quality standard for side quests Im really excited for the game. The quest had a good story telling for a side quest with funny characters and good conversations that felt real. I hope they keep up the good work and it will look almost as good on ps4 like on xbox one x.
     2 people found this helpful

Thank you for posting but that video and thank you Ubisoft for showing us a bit more but I'm sorry...

It looks so BORING.

Honestly, the whole atmosphere is tonally very flat.

The dialogue and characters need to be a bit more defined. They need more personality. Think of the Bloody Baron in Witcher 3, for instance. A little bit of humour goes a long way.
    This Ash guy is really stressing how living the world is i.e. NPCs have a cycle and don't "restart" when you arrive which is great but what's the point of characters having day and night cycles when they themselves are so dull and don't feel like real people?

The camera during combat seems to have tightened since the E3 video which worries me because the camera during combat in Witcher 3 made it unbearable at times.
    I see they still haven't fixed the strange dodging animations.

The graphics aren't great, missing various textures.

I want to get excited about the prospect of exploring all these caves and hidden areas and puzzles but knowing Ubisoft/this franchise it's likely to be a repetitive slog.

The footage they're showing is not doing the game justice, I'm afraid, and all this "work in progress"/"pre alpha" nonsense is no excuse.

cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    ^ We get it, you like The Witcher 3...

Fast forwarded through the video, but I can't wait to watch the whole thing (with sound) after work!
     3 people found this helpful

RVSage's Avatar Senior Member
    I liked
    1. the fire propagation mechanisms, adds more interesting dynamics to various gameplay scenarios

2. depth of the new side quests, is a welcome change

3. Loot and ability points from various sources, the sandstorm simulation were all awesome

Personally I liked the side quest story line, BUT they were missing some good background music, lip sync was off in some scenes, and cut scenes can have little more life in them. All this can be improved before final release.

EDIT: 4. Also the cloth reacting to varying levels of wind was a nice detail

Originally Posted by cawatrooper9 Go to original post
    ^ We get it, you like The Witcher 3...

Fast forwarded through the video, but I can't wait to watch the whole thing (with sound) after work!
    I don't want to be that person that goes on and on about the Witcher 3 but honestly, this game is so heavily influenced by it that to ignore that factor would be disingenuous.
    You're going to be hearing "Witcher 3" A LOT before and after the release of Origins from both critics and fans alike so get used to it.
    Witcher 3 isn't even my favourite open world game, and as I've stated before the combat is a mess mainly because of how Geralt moves and the camera, and this seems to be following that model. Nobody wants Origins to work more than me as a long time fan of the series. I'm rooting for it but I'm underwhelmed by the footage and think Ubisoft need to show a bit more of the story in order to get me excited. This tight lipped approach does not work. What are they so afraid of?

RVSage's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by AnimusLover Go to original post
    This tight lipped approach does not work. What are they so afraid of?
    One possible reason, could be they want to hold to the main game story, for it to be surprising, I feel with Syndicate, they over showed the game, I don;t want any part of the story before release.

dxsxhxcx's Avatar Senior Member
    I wouldn't mind a small clip showing off a little of the MD though, I rather have a bit of the story spoiled and know what to expect than be dissapointed by another half assed attempt.

cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    Originally Posted by RVSage Go to original post
    One possible reason, could be they want to hold to the main game story, for it to be surprising, I feel with Syndicate, they over showed the game, I don;t want any part of the story before release.
    Or any entry, really. We saw way too much of Unity, too.

In fact, didn't both games get full playthrough streams before release? Or, at least I'm pretty sure Syndicate did. Seems like a silly strategy for a series so focused on storytelling to be giving the story away for free.

And Animus, I'm just pulling your leg. You're hardly the only person here fixated on The Witcher. I'm sure it's a fine game, but I do hope people don't fall into some sort of false dichotomy of "It's either like The Witcher or it's bad". Ideally, I'd hope Origins does something that is both new and enjoyable.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... Last ►►