Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FPS issue with GFX 5900 | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    Hi there
    I was playing with a GeForce Ti 4200 till today, with no big issue and a fps ranging from 35 to 60 in 1024*768 with all details to full.
    I bought yesterday a GeForce FX 5900 (the MSI one), because I wanted to play at higher res. and because my 4200 wasn't enough for a few games.
    Now I get 10-60 fps whatever resolution i choose (there doesn't seems to be a difference in fps whether I use 1024 or 1600!). It's nearly unplayable.
    Any idea ? The card works great on other game, no pb. I got the last detonator drivers (44.03).

XP 2400+
    ASUS A7N8X
    512 mo DDRAM
    SB Audigy Platinium
    MSI GeForce 5900
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    Hi there
    I was playing with a GeForce Ti 4200 till today, with no big issue and a fps ranging from 35 to 60 in 1024*768 with all details to full.
    I bought yesterday a GeForce FX 5900 (the MSI one), because I wanted to play at higher res. and because my 4200 wasn't enough for a few games.
    Now I get 10-60 fps whatever resolution i choose (there doesn't seems to be a difference in fps whether I use 1024 or 1600!). It's nearly unplayable.
    Any idea ? The card works great on other game, no pb. I got the last detonator drivers (44.03).

XP 2400+
    ASUS A7N8X
    512 mo DDRAM
    SB Audigy Platinium
    MSI GeForce 5900

XyZspineZyX
    didn't you know.. fps goes down the better graphics card you have. That's why you will find people here with GF4ti4200s, gf3's, even gf2's running the game fine, but people with fx5600's. fx5800's, fx5900's. radeon 9700pro's and 9800pro's with crappy fps.

seriously tho', I have a similar comp in some ways.. asus a7n8x deluxe, 512mb corsair xms ram, athlon tbred, audigy2 platinum eX. and I ran rvs quite well, then when I installed the 1.3 patch my fps went up for a few days, then went down badly for no reason, now they are fine again (tho' far from perfect) but I have reformatted since then.

XyZspineZyX
    well i managed to change the Video file size in the "DARE.ini" in the system directory from 2XXXX ( wher XXXX are numbers i dont remember atm ) and added a 0 so its now 20XXXX.

also moving 32 to 64 or 128 in the engine thingies
    now with my RD9800 pro i can manage around 25-40 fps, wich is playable but still....

-= Noone lags more than me! =-

XyZspineZyX
    This game is freaky like that.

I got a friend with a

p4
    3.0ghz
    1024 ram
    Radeon 9800
    he gets around 60-80 fps

then i got a friend with

1.4ghz
    512 ram
    Geforce 4 Ti4600
    and he gets

40-60 FPS

His system is so much less and only half as good but gets good FPS too

P.4
    2.4ghz
    512 ram
    Geforce 4 Ti4800

XyZspineZyX
    reminds me of the bechmarks of some games
    ATI video cards gets higer score with pentium class cpus
    and Nvidia does with AMD based processors.

maybe this makes some incompatibilities issues in raven shield?

XyZspineZyX
    Don't forget to delete your ini files so RvS can redetect all your hardware settings again. Best thing you could do is delete the driver, let Detonator Destroyer take out the last bits, reboot, install the latest driver with FX5900 support.

XyZspineZyX
    charles can I ask you what soundcard u got? if u have a bad soundcard like a sis onboard, that's the problem

http://www.forceunopposed.net/

XyZspineZyX
    try overriding the refreshrates if you have win xp in dxdiag
    then match the refresh rate in game.

turndown sound hardware accel as well, these two make all the diff in the world for me

XyZspineZyX
    yes
    its MSI's 5.1 channel onboard.
    of a KT-400 Ultra
    and no, im not using 3d sound or EAX.
    ill take a peek about the sound stuff again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast