Thread: CATALYST updating questions | Forums

Can someone give a step-by-step procedure for updating the CATALYST drivers ? Maybe one even inserting Driver Cleaner in there. I'm always confused on the sequence of uninstalling the old drivers - reboot - run Driver Cleaner (or not) - reboot - install new drivers that I'm sure I miss a step or two all the time.

Also if I have the latest drivers, but I'm upgrading my Radeon from, say a 9600pro to a 9800pro, can I just pop the new card in the mobo without reinstalling the drivers ?

Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Can someone give a step-by-step procedure for updating the CATALYST drivers ? Maybe one even inserting Driver Cleaner in there. I'm always confused on the sequence of uninstalling the old drivers - reboot - run Driver Cleaner (or not) - reboot - install new drivers that I'm sure I miss a step or two all the time.

Also if I have the latest drivers, but I'm upgrading my Radeon from, say a 9600pro to a 9800pro, can I just pop the new card in the mobo without reinstalling the drivers ?

Thanks.

Two driver removal utilities come to mind, and both have detailed, step-by-step instructions in the readme file. One is Driver Cleaner 3.1, the other Nasty File Remover. Both are available at http://www.guru3d.com. Both work for nVidia and ATI drivers.

When replacing a video card, first remove the old card from the Device Manager, shut down, change out the card for the new one, and install driver set of your choice. Driver cleaners have specific directions for when to run the utility.
    [italic]Happy Motoring![/italic]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Cpt. can you give an evaluation of your upgrade as I'm considering doing the same thing myself. Thanks

Westcoastphil = Voxman