Thread: sounds like cutting metal, shreeks and worse than that | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

I have a major problem with the demo and seeing all these posts I'm not the only one.
    After a few minutes of play in which it runs perfect,suddenly the sound gets really @^%#$ up.I cant discribe it,like all the worst sounds you have ever heard together.After this the game seems to be running at 8 fps.I have all the latest drivers and a pc that it can work on,it does work for a few minutes.
    I think this game is not far cry but far from ready.I really want to play it cause it looks great.
    I am now having serious doubts about UBI games cause in games like Sturmovic the sound is not good either and not just on my PC but on PC's of friends too.And I have never found any good servers for that game either ,so I can play online.This,and seeing all these posts makes me come to one conclusion:I have to be sure that UBI get their **** sorted out because just making a good looking game is not enough for me to go out and buying it for 40 euro's when I know it doesn't work right.

What a shame it looks so good
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I have a major problem with the demo and seeing all these posts I'm not the only one.
    After a few minutes of play in which it runs perfect,suddenly the sound gets really @^%#$ up.I cant discribe it,like all the worst sounds you have ever heard together.After this the game seems to be running at 8 fps.I have all the latest drivers and a pc that it can work on,it does work for a few minutes.
    I think this game is not far cry but far from ready.I really want to play it cause it looks great.
    I am now having serious doubts about UBI games cause in games like Sturmovic the sound is not good either and not just on my PC but on PC's of friends too.And I have never found any good servers for that game either ,so I can play online.This,and seeing all these posts makes me come to one conclusion:I have to be sure that UBI get their **** sorted out because just making a good looking game is not enough for me to go out and buying it for 40 euro's when I know it doesn't work right.

What a shame it looks so good

well I've gotten a bit further and the sound stays ok when I put the sound to stereo but with audigy 2 and 5.1 speakers I don't want stereo.

If you make sure EAX is *off* you shouldn't have this problem any longer. I have an Audigy 2 NX, and I was experiencing this same problem. Now I have it set on Dolby 5.1, and HW mixing on, just no EAX, and the sound works b-e-a-uuitfully

Gigabyte GA-8S661FX-M
    P4 2.4B @ 2982MHz w/ stock cooling
    768MB PC2100 DDR
    1x80GB & 1x60GB WD HDD
    Radeon 9600 Pro
    SB Audigy 2 NX

"Those who have long enjoyed such priveleges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." --Franklin D. Roosevelt
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "...that's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a hull and a deck and sails--that's what a ship needs. But what a ship is...is freed

thnx I will try that because in stereo mode I managed to play the research level in demo to the end but when I wanted to check out the level again it happened again with this noise.BUT I STILL think eax should work too.I recently bought this audigy soundcard cause it has eax 3.0