Thread: Kudos and Thanks, Devs | Forums

I wanted to start my own thread to say thanks for the patch as it now allows me to play Lock On on my old gaming rig that has Win98SE installed.

It shows the breadth of flexibility that the developers of this game have employed by incorporating the use of their gaming software across the various platforms that are in use today. Surely, it must create additional headaches, but I must say that I am thoroughly impressed with the developers' performance to date. I use Win98SE for my gaming system ONLY, and it is good to see new technology still adeptly applied to include this OS in its requirements.

As for myself, I can see that the minimum requirements were pretty much accurate as this game plays quite well on my 'antiquated' system. Of course, this is anecdotal, and I realize that others may experience other difficulties, and I certainly understand those concerns. I hope that all are able to play this fantastic game on their systems eventually.

My gaming rig:
    AMD Athlon 1.33GHz
    ASUS A7V133 (KT133-A)
    512MB Kingston Value RAM CL 2.5 (SPD timings employed)
    SONY 52X CDROM
    GeForce4 128MB (30.82 Dets)
    Seagate 'Cuda 30GB 7200 RPM
    Turtle Beach SantaCruz SoundCard
    Win98SE

Maybe this will give some hope for those who do not have 'top-of-the-line' systems.

Thanks again for your efforts, and I look forward to future developments as they become available.

"Pain don't hurt." - Sparky Anderson
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I wanted to start my own thread to say thanks for the patch as it now allows me to play Lock On on my old gaming rig that has Win98SE installed.

It shows the breadth of flexibility that the developers of this game have employed by incorporating the use of their gaming software across the various platforms that are in use today. Surely, it must create additional headaches, but I must say that I am thoroughly impressed with the developers' performance to date. I use Win98SE for my gaming system ONLY, and it is good to see new technology still adeptly applied to include this OS in its requirements.

As for myself, I can see that the minimum requirements were pretty much accurate as this game plays quite well on my 'antiquated' system. Of course, this is anecdotal, and I realize that others may experience other difficulties, and I certainly understand those concerns. I hope that all are able to play this fantastic game on their systems eventually.

My gaming rig:
    AMD Athlon 1.33GHz
    ASUS A7V133 (KT133-A)
    512MB Kingston Value RAM CL 2.5 (SPD timings employed)
    SONY 52X CDROM
    GeForce4 128MB (30.82 Dets)
    Seagate 'Cuda 30GB 7200 RPM
    Turtle Beach SantaCruz SoundCard
    Win98SE

Maybe this will give some hope for those who do not have 'top-of-the-line' systems.

Thanks again for your efforts, and I look forward to future developments as they become available.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote