Thread: FarCry Gameplay Performance Tests | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

XyZspineZyX
    Hello fellow gamers! I hope you are enjoying the demo of FarCry demo as much as I am.

In our latest graphics card review, I ran a series of FarCry gameplay benchmarks on two systems with FRAPS. The first system is an Athlon XP 1800+ with a GeForce FX 5700 Ultra and the second is an Athlon XP 3000+ with a GeForce FX 5950 Ultra.

http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/galaxy...a/page_4.shtml

I covered the gameplay walkthrough, which should allow you to run the same test on your system in order to compare performance. I've also included some tasty screenshots, although the game was running at 8 fps with the settings I enabled [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img]

I plan to conduct the same tests with a Radeon 9800 Pro this coming weekend.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    Hello fellow gamers! I hope you are enjoying the demo of FarCry demo as much as I am.

In our latest graphics card review, I ran a series of FarCry gameplay benchmarks on two systems with FRAPS. The first system is an Athlon XP 1800+ with a GeForce FX 5700 Ultra and the second is an Athlon XP 3000+ with a GeForce FX 5950 Ultra.

http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/galaxy...a/page_4.shtml

I covered the gameplay walkthrough, which should allow you to run the same test on your system in order to compare performance. I've also included some tasty screenshots, although the game was running at 8 fps with the settings I enabled [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img]

I plan to conduct the same tests with a Radeon 9800 Pro this coming weekend.

XyZspineZyX
    Thanks verymuch for the bonus coverage [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img]

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Flying is not dangerous, crashing is"

XyZspineZyX
    Why can the fx cards run the game better than my Radeon 9800pro AIW with a P43.06 and 512DDr333?

XyZspineZyX
    an FX runs in lower persicion (16bit) and only uses PS 1.1

and BTW/ HI MIKE!!! [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img]

--------------
    Liquid Cooled P4 3.0C @ 3.55GHz, 948MHz FSB w/ Arctic Silver 5 | ABIT IC7 | Kingston HyperX 1024MB DDR 500MHz @ 474MHz | 74GB WD Raptor 10,000RPM SATA | Liteon CDRW/DVD | SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS | Enermax 460W v1.2 | Logitech Z-560 | ATI 9800 Pro

Message Edited on 01/28/0404:04AM by jakup73

XyZspineZyX
    I'll go one step further and say that the fx is likely running in 12bit integer mode,(ps1.1 dx8) for the majority of effects. Even the fx's 16bit path is still too slow although much faster than it is in 32bit.

You don't see a difference though because the developers made sure they used shaders simple enough that dx8 cards could handle them (ie...geforce 3-->fx). The radeon (9500-9800) are using the ps2.0 path but are running shaders that could be reproduced using ps1.1.