Thread: To run demo launch the BGE.EXE directly... | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    I was crashing to the desktop as well right after the "controls" screen (the picture of the keyboard layout, etc.) came up.

I noticed that no matter what I set my "Settings" to it didn't make a difference. However, I noticed that the "Play Beyond Good & Evil" icon actually launches an application called "CheckApplication.exe" and this was what was causing my crashing. Whatever it does, once I simply double-clicked the BGE.EXE in the actual install directory it took me straight into the game.

You may need to ESC out and make other changes to some other options because when I mean it takes you straight into the game, it's right in the middle of a fight.

The visuals are quite impressive, but the controls and camera movement are whack. One of the most non-intuitive feels I've ever experienced. Get in a fight with these controls and you're dead. I was.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    I was crashing to the desktop as well right after the "controls" screen (the picture of the keyboard layout, etc.) came up.

I noticed that no matter what I set my "Settings" to it didn't make a difference. However, I noticed that the "Play Beyond Good & Evil" icon actually launches an application called "CheckApplication.exe" and this was what was causing my crashing. Whatever it does, once I simply double-clicked the BGE.EXE in the actual install directory it took me straight into the game.

You may need to ESC out and make other changes to some other options because when I mean it takes you straight into the game, it's right in the middle of a fight.

The visuals are quite impressive, but the controls and camera movement are whack. One of the most non-intuitive feels I've ever experienced. Get in a fight with these controls and you're dead. I was.

XyZspineZyX
    > I simply double-clicked the BGE.EXE in the actual install directory it took me straight into the game.

Nice !
    I could just use the Checkapplication.exe link and when I use the BGE.exe directly, like you mention, I still get the intro screens as well. Do you start in the boat level or in the sneaking/rooftop jumping bit ?

I miraculously survived the second level by frantically pressing the RMB and jumping in the general direction of what seemed like relative safety. So yeah, there are some "control issues".

XyZspineZyX
    When I go to the BGE.EXE File, it tells me I have to go to the Settings Check page. And then every time I double click on BGE.EXE I get the same error I got before...

<center>
    <h3>Join my Mob! PM me for details...</h3>
    <font color="red">this content is for people the age of 13 and above:</font>

[img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img] no im serius... [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif[/img]

<marquee behavior="alternate" width="150">Forum Jay and Silent Bob</marquee>
    ---------------------------------------

<marquee width=350>[b] My Respect list: njcl, bergeyman, S7N, DCell, Fisherobsession, SEANYBOYT, smokky1, NightCrawlerEvo, jackslate13, Rohan.com, Skulls_HAWK, Devil2Demon & Aj6627. <u>PittBull's Mafia</u> A anti Harrytwo organization...<font color="#3399FF">Don: PittBull33 </font> Second Command: njcl, S7N Footmen: bergeyman, NightCrawlerEvo, SEANYBOYT, smokky1, FisherObsession, DCell, Aj6627, kmcentyr, vpc410, zethin, Alien_Slayer, halo99, Nebucadnezer, iamiubu & TRUboard. All Equipted with AKS-74U's Colt 45.'s and pocket knifes... [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif[/img] The Rig: ASUS P4S333-VM motherboard Windows XP Proffesional Intel Pentium 4 Prosessor 2.00ghz inno3D TORNADO nVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440 64 MB DDR 512 MB DDR RAM 40 Giga byte Hardrive MAG Innovision 17" 786PF Monitor BENQ DVD-ROM 16x DVD-ROM 48x CD-ROM BENQ CD-RW 48x 16x 48x</Marquee>

XyZspineZyX
    yay. i have the same problem. freshly installed bg&e demo needs a settings-run first. if i try to start the demo afterwards with the bge.exe i crash back to desktop just like before.

i guess they'll re-release the demo on monday.

XyZspineZyX
    Me to [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif[/img] Same damn thing

Scott

Scott

XyZspineZyX
    I feel like NOT buying the game just to spite them for being so.... obtuse.

LM