Thread: Still FarCry3 vs FarCry4!!! | Forums

Originally Posted by Nitrotoluene Go to original post
    The 3 people who dominate this FC5 forum seem to like FC2 the most. I didn't like it much at all. Then I liked FC3 - a lot. Played it and replayed it so many times. Then FC4 came out and, once I had a computer powerful enough to run it without crashing, I loved it even more than FC3. The setting and plot is more realistic and the ending is quite emotional when you discover that Lakshmana isn't a shrine but a person. I cared a lot more about Ajay Ghale than about that SoCal d***** bag Jason in FC3. Even agent Willis agrees with that.

So my point is, everyone's opinion about which Far Cry is best will be an individual thing. Don't think that your opinion is a universally held truth, it's just one of many opinions.
    Us map makers always suggest FAR CRY 2 for reason's of hosting a public lobby of user created maps. Also to vote to skip maps and a playlist of 5 to 8 maps. Yeah the multiplayer was a bit clunky for character movements. But the host of maps was top notch back then. Yeah the character movements got a lot smoother with FAR CRY 3 and 4.

I quite honestly hated FC3's Jason. A rich whiny white frat boy that never felt connected to the story. The game is supposed to show his transformation from a dweeb to a badass, but the scripted interactions took all the buildup the player had in its head to drag him back to whatever point on his "evolution" the game felt he was at the moment of that dialogue, and the curve felt so shallow and spread over all the possible conversations that in the end, it hurt the story way more than what it would have achieved just leaving it to the imagination. 4's Ajay, on the other hand, was mostly silent, and in these kinds of games I would honestly prefer if that was the case. Let the player put himself on the role, and don't jar it away with moments that remind the player he's just going through a conversation that will go just one way no matter what happens before or after. I have hopes for the advertised "adaptive conversation system", if it properly reflects the protagonist growth at that particular moment in the history that might be the first time Ubi properly lands such a campaign (besides Primal, but Takkar is kind of monotone anyway so it's not like they were breaking new ground here).

One thing I do hope for though, is the possibility of when faced with two equally stupid options to finally have the chance to just flip off everyone and ride off into the sunset. Both 3 and 4 had story binary choices that quite honestly greatly affected my enjoyment of them.
     1 people found this helpful

Sabotur's Avatar Senior Member
    I enjoyed playing FC2, 3 and 4. Loved the campaigns. For sure they had their pros and cons but overall I prefer Far Cry games to the likes of Assassins Creed, COD and most other AAA rated titles. And I'm talking about the actual campaign not the MP or the map editor.

The things is - and this is just my opinion, but as a generalisation, guys half my age in their early 20's will probably like FC3 and FC4 more than FC2. The reason is that when I was that age, the whole culture of gaming was different and a lot of the changes over the years, for me anyway, have tried to bring about innovation, at the expense of some really fundamental core gaming attributes.

If you are in your early 20's you most likely will not have experienced gaming from 20 years ago so you have no yardstick to make any comparison.

For me I enjoyed and (Hortys are you there?) had alot of fun playing the campaigns. Happy to say I also procured Platinum trophies on all of the Far Crys I own including FC2 which is probably held by under 100 PS players worldwide. To someone in their 20's that probably means very little - but when you come from a gaming background where achieving 100% on a game used to be the sole objective of the game then you would understand.

As for FC3 vs FC4 - Vaas and Pagan were totally different but very memorable characters. I liked Vaas because he was a complete nutter and really hated Pagan because of his pink jacket. While I like the Himalayan, Tibetan feel to FC4, the islands, shipwrecks and WW2 bases of FC3 came as a wonderful surprise to me, and the soundtrack was excellent.

HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Sabotur Go to original post
    For me I enjoyed and (Hortys are you there?) had alot of fun playing the campaigns. Happy to say I also procured Platinum trophies on all of the Far Crys I own including FC2 which is probably held by under 100 PS players worldwide. To someone in their 20's that probably means very little - but when you come from a gaming background where achieving 100% on a game used to be the sole objective of the game then you would understand.

You're either using the wrong vocabulary or are simply wrong in your thinking!!! hahaha Well I'm glad you can say you had fun without thinking of it like some sort of bad word or something...

Page 4 of 4 ◄◄  First ... 234