Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downloaded 1.2 patch. But get error when trying to install. | Forums

When I try to run the 1.2 patch, I get an error message that says "Setup was unable to detect the version of Uru installed on your computer". It then automatically closes the update tool. The message comes up right after I agree to the license agreement & click next. I also can not run the automatic update tool due to their is no "Update" tab to select from when I launch the actual Uru game.

I'm stuck n the game due to not being able to load this patch. Can you please help?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

When I try to run the 1.2 patch, I get an error message that says "Setup was unable to detect the version of Uru installed on your computer". It then automatically closes the update tool. The message comes up right after I agree to the license agreement & click next. I also can not run the automatic update tool due to their is no "Update" tab to select from when I launch the actual Uru game.

I'm stuck n the game due to not being able to load this patch. Can you please help?

Is possible that you have the game updated.

Are you in live?

Have you used the update tab before?

Almlys
    In cavern: Al'my

Guild Of Greeters member.
    Shift: Sunday 14:00-16:00 GMT
    Languages: Spanish, English and Catalan
    ~Almlys

I am not missing anything here am I?

when attempting to go LIVE I do recieve the odd update here and there, this is all i need right ????

panic panic panic
    lol

Yes it is possible the game is updated already. When I 1st started up the game I had access to the Update Tab & ran it, but now the Update Tab is gone. I'm playing single, not live (I was also able to succesfully log into live as well, but it crashed).

The problem is, when I'm in Kodish & have opened the door after setting the 3 dais there is a blue button on the left (in the room just before the spiral ramp). When I press this button, it goes black & nothing happens (it's supposed to reveal a certain something but it does not). Also, when I set the light sequence on the 5 buttons in the spiral ramp room nothing happens either, the floor does not light up (I also tried resetting the age but still no go).

I was told this is a known bug & to update with the patch. That's where I am now. Any suggestions?

[This message was edited by VanDuren on Sun January 04 2004 at 07:42 AM.]

Hi, as far as the 5 lights go, try turning them all off and then do the 2,3,5, thing and see what happens, remember you should be facing the balcony before you start, and walk carefully.. good luck

xtruckers10
    KI# 00850124
    xtruckers10
    KI# 00850124

If you are able to see the logon window to log into live, then you have the most recent version of the client.

Almlys

~Almlys

xtruckers10,

Thanks, however, when I press these buttons, absolutely nothing happens. They don't change color, they always stay blue (so don't know if they're on or off) & they don't make any sound when I click on them either.

almol,

If I have the most recent version, then what do you suggest in regards to my problem with the blue buttons not working in Kodish & that I no longer see the Update Tab? I cannot continue due to these buttons not working.

The color of the buttons stays always blue, you need to see a change in the ground.

If you still experience problems, you can try to reset the age.

If you continue with the problems, it could be a hardware problem.

Almlys

~Almlys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast