Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Bf-109K-4 skins uploaded at Cpt Farrels | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    Four of them are updated versions of my old K-4 skins and one is brand new.

Cheers!

www.cptfarrels.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    Four of them are updated versions of my old K-4 skins and one is brand new.

Cheers!

www.cptfarrels.com

XyZspineZyX
    yeah.............and in brown/green scheme...fantastic.[img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img]

thx m8

Kimura

XyZspineZyX
    Superb work, thanks [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img]

----: Forget about it! :----

XyZspineZyX
    Farrel as I seen now on these screenshots, that one far below, how's about the exhaust cover? Is that a bug? It's brighter than the surounding skin. (??)[img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif[/img]

Kimura

XyZspineZyX
    Hi! The exhaust covers seems to be reflecting an unnatural amount of light, but I've toned it down a bit more on the "release" version so it should look better now.

Cheers!

www.cptfarrels.com

XyZspineZyX
    Cpt Farrel,
    Thanks for the excellent skins.
    I notice that you have the insulators on the radio aerial, is that your work or the standard aerial wire?
    I ask because one thing that is a little confusing is that even on the very best skins, the aerial wire is black and quite thick, is there a way you know of to tone the aerial wire down?
    Thanks very much for your time.

Bussard

[img]http://home.wanadoo.nl/wana.mail1/Op****/WurgerwhinerLogo.jpg[/img]

I can save it,I got it,I g...

XyZspineZyX
    Beautiful skins for one of my favorite planes..[img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img]

Da Buzz
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be.... Adolf Galland
    <center>

XyZspineZyX
    Hello Cpt Farrel,

Beautiful K-4 skin's!! [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif[/img] I really enjoy your work. Your definately one of the best skinner's in these here forum's. [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif[/img] Keep up the excellent work. =S=

P.S. Check your website email.

Semper Fi!! Carry On!! [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif[/img]

Squirral aka Wolf_Fangs

<marquee>Wolf Pak Squadron</marquee>

<center> </center>

XyZspineZyX
    I've always thought they shouldn't have bothered rendering the aerial or stay wires since the real wires are only visible close up. Look at any footage of them flying and you can't really make out the wires at all, but it's always a giveaway in game screenshots so I usually airbrush them out when using one for my desktop background, trying to make them appear more realistic.

I don't believe there's any way to eliminate them entirely but maybe it's possible to locate the wires on the skin template and change their colours from black to perhaps a very light grey that wouldn't stand out so much against a light background.

Although they don't appear as an obvious 'wire' on the skins, I seem to racall messing around once and inadvertently painting a particular small area in red, the result on screen was a red aerial, possibly also the loop the wire passes through (109s), although I can't remember, but certainly the aerial wire was red, so maybe others may have experienced the same when painting their skins and made a mental note at the time?

If so, and we could then alter each aircraft's skin to have a pale grey or blue/grey aerial wire (but not the aerial itself), that might improve the appearance of the game's aircraft considerably.

Just a thought . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast