Thread: Sound and Light Contest | Forums

So how many of you are going to enter something in the new Sound and Light contest? Anyone got any brilliant ideas yet? You don't have to give them away, haha, I'm just curious how many folks are interested in it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

So how many of you are going to enter something in the new Sound and Light contest? Anyone got any brilliant ideas yet? You don't have to give them away, haha, I'm just curious how many folks are interested in it.

I happen to know at least one other person who is interested. I could enter one of the small Uru art projects I've done in the past, but I probably don't have time to create something from scratch...

Oh, you've done some before? Cool, can I see?

Did you read the rules of entering the contest? You have to be living in either the US or Canada. Is that really true or is that a mistake, because I cannot understand why... shipping costs?

I think that contests are GREAT and will certainly spark an enourmous outflow of creative energy from the masses.

My only problem is that talent-wise I am "challenged." that is to say... I ain't got any. At least none that would apply to this kind of contest.

So.. it would be nice if the folks at URULive would think about the VAST MAJORITY of us that will have no opportunity to successfully compete in this kind of contest.

For you folks that do art, music, or whatever, more power to you but I'd like a chance to win cool stuff too.

And I've noticed that two thirds of my posts (2 of 3) are whiney. I'll do better in future. Promise.

I helped to create the gingerbread Arch that was on the main Uru Live site(though I'm not sure if images of Uru-based food would count for this contest....) And I've been working on some other Uru-based designs, but none of them have gone public yet. Read the next issue of the Echo - one of them should be appearing in it.