1. #21
    This game needs both single and multi player. Look what happened with Titanfall 1 and for honor. A ship can not stay at sea indefinitely. One needs a base to operate from. Exploring won't do any good when there's nothing to explore.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #22
    TheWaveFighter's Avatar Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2

    What i would enjoy in Skull and Bones

    Well for me the most important things are.
    customization
    Way of Ship control.
    Great Effects on battle
    A fun Battle
    Achievements.
    I have some more things but these are some of them anyone agree?
    if you want a open world game check NAVAL ACTION, a open world ship game with good graphics, sound, weather...

    - Thanks!
    Share this post

  3. #23
    Originally Posted by TheWaveFighter Go to original post
    Well for me the most important things are.
    customization
    Way of Ship control.
    Great Effects on battle
    A fun Battle
    Achievements.
    I have some more things but these are some of them anyone agree?
    if you want a open world game check NAVAL ACTION, a open world ship game with good graphics, sound, weather...

    - Thanks!
    well if you want another naval game then go play world of warships or naval action! but THIS game needs to be a RPG ultimate pirate game with an open world and lots of other stuff! not just naval stuff! please stop! the majority wants this game to be something like black flag but with a lot more stuff in it and a multiplayer and without the assassins stuff
    Share this post

  4. #24
    Originally Posted by Captain_Ryder_7 Go to original post
    well if you want another naval game then go play world of warships or naval action! but THIS game needs to be a RPG ultimate pirate game with an open world and lots of other stuff! not just naval stuff! please stop! the majority wants this game to be something like black flag but with a lot more stuff in it and a multiplayer and without the assassins stuff
    With all due respect; You, and several others here, seem so hell bent on imposing your ideal views of what a pirate game should be, you're sort of just completely ignoring the fact that Skull & Bones is its own thing. The developers have their own ideas and goals for it, and if that conflicts with what you want in a pirate game, that sucks, but it's how it is.
    You can't just suggest that they completely redo a game to fit what you want, that's not how any market works.

    You wouldn't go into a steakhouse for a salad.

    If Skull & Bones isn't offering what you want, you go look somewhere else.

    Judging by a big number of posts and suggestions here, I'd recommend all of ya'll just go play Sea of Thieves instead when it launches.
    Share this post

  5. #25
    Originally Posted by Tundra 793 Go to original post
    With all due respect; You, and several others here, seem so hell bent on imposing your ideal views of what a pirate game should be, you're sort of just completely ignoring the fact that Skull & Bones is its own thing. The developers have their own ideas and goals for it, and if that conflicts with what you want in a pirate game, that sucks, but it's how it is.
    You can't just suggest that they completely redo a game to fit what you want, that's not how any market works.

    You wouldn't go into a steakhouse for a salad.

    If Skull & Bones isn't offering what you want, you go look somewhere else.

    Judging by a big number of posts and suggestions here, I'd recommend all of ya'll just go play Sea of Thieves instead when it launches.
    is ubisoft paying you to write this? I'm sorry, but if you want a naval game, then you can go play "naval action" or "world of warships" cause naval games already exist! but a true black flag like pirate RPG online game does NOT exist, so thats why I'm trying to wake this ubisoft team up to make skull and bones the best pirate game possible!

    and no, I dont want sea of thieves, because its too cartoonish to me and its not a serious pirate game! you may say "several others", but you ought to take a look at the tons of comments on every skull and bones video on youtube and you will see that I'm not the only one suggesting things like this or complaining about skull and bones why it is just a naval game!
    Share this post

  6. #26
    Originally Posted by Captain_Ryder_7 Go to original post
    is ubisoft paying you to write this?
    No.

    I'm sorry, but if you want a naval game, then you can go play "naval action" or "world of warships" cause naval games already exist! but a true black flag like pirate RPG online game does NOT exist, so thats why I'm trying to wake this ubisoft team up to make skull and bones the best pirate game possible!
    You've defeated your own argument.


    Just because a particular genre of game doesn't exist, won't make it realistic or come into being by forcefully suggesting Ubisoft add an Open World to Skull & Bones, because the game apparently is just not built to be that game.
    To create the game you want, they'd need to start from scratch. It's objectively speaking, unrealistic to suggest it and expect it to happen.

    and no, I dont want sea of thieves, because its too cartoonish to me and its not a serious pirate game! you may say "several others", but you ought to take a look at the tons of comments on every skull and bones video on youtube and you will see that I'm not the only one suggesting things like this or complaining about skull and bones why it is just a naval game!
    I have played Sea of Thieves, and it is a serious pirate game. The art style and themes are just for lighthearted fun.

    It doesn't matter how many comments say the same thing, you can't alter the reality of things with Youtube comments. If Skull & Bones isn't made to be an open world pirate RPG, then no amount of "suggestions", comments, feedback, angry emails or anything, will change what the game is. It's downright silly to assume that your words can make it so.

    In your own words, "If you want a pirate RPG" go play one, this game clearly isn't for you.
    Allow me to respond to what I believe is your most obvious retort; "But there aren't any open world pirate RPGS!"

    Fair enough, that may be the case. But it's not exactly Ubisoft Singapore's fault now is it? So again; You can't force a game to be something that it isn't, accept the reality of things, and then you can make suggestions about it in a realistic fashion, and those might see the light of day.
    Share this post

  7. #27
    Not everyone wants a carbon copy multiplayer black flag/primarily platform game.

    Some do like a good fight with AOS themed ships without the associated platform play. Shame they add BS like Krakkens and Magic.
    Share this post

  8. #28
    Originally Posted by Tundra 793 Go to original post
    No.



    You've defeated your own argument.


    Just because a particular genre of game doesn't exist, won't make it realistic or come into being by forcefully suggesting Ubisoft add an Open World to Skull & Bones, because the game apparently is just not built to be that game.
    To create the game you want, they'd need to start from scratch. It's objectively speaking, unrealistic to suggest it and expect it to happen.



    I have played Sea of Thieves, and it is a serious pirate game. The art style and themes are just for lighthearted fun.

    It doesn't matter how many comments say the same thing, you can't alter the reality of things with Youtube comments. If Skull & Bones isn't made to be an open world pirate RPG, then no amount of "suggestions", comments, feedback, angry emails or anything, will change what the game is. It's downright silly to assume that your words can make it so.

    In your own words, "If you want a pirate RPG" go play one, this game clearly isn't for you.
    Allow me to respond to what I believe is your most obvious retort; "But there aren't any open world pirate RPGS!"

    Fair enough, that may be the case. But it's not exactly Ubisoft Singapore's fault now is it? So again; You can't force a game to be something that it isn't, accept the reality of things, and then you can make suggestions about it in a realistic fashion, and those might see the light of day.
    lol you can say whatever you want, there are always people like you who just disagree with great ideas for some "silly" reason! and they are pretty much the minority! but what the majority wants or would love to have is right here on this thread! most people dont care if it took ubisoft more years to put in an open world and stuff because many people have been waiting for a pirate RPG game like black flag in an ONLINE world! so it will be totally worth it!


    so you can say whatever you want cause your disagreements really make no sense to me like to many other people as well! you do realize ubisoft is known as developing games with tons of bugs that can be fixed and tons of content that can be added but they dont fix their bugs and add more content and I dont know why!


    and no, sea of thieves is too cartoonish to me! I dont care if you can fight with swords and guns there and so on, because the graphic and art style is very bad for me not to play the game! there is no royal navy or colonies or empires in sea of thieves! bet there is not even a story!
    Share this post

  9. #29
    Originally Posted by Ruthless4u Go to original post
    Not everyone wants a carbon copy multiplayer black flag/primarily platform game.

    Some do like a good fight with AOS themed ships without the associated platform play. Shame they add BS like Krakkens and Magic.
    I would suggest you to play "naval action" or "world of warships" if you just want a naval game!
    Share this post

  10. #30
    Originally Posted by Captain_Ryder_7 Go to original post
    lol you can say whatever you want, there are always people like you who just disagree with great ideas for some "silly" reason! and they are pretty much the minority! but what the majority wants or would love to have is right here on this thread! most people dont care if it took ubisoft more years to put in an open world and stuff because many people have been waiting for a pirate RPG game like black flag in an ONLINE world! so it will be totally worth it!
    If you re-read my post again, you might notice that not once did I ever bash or critique your ideas for an Open World pirate game. I too would love a game in the vein of Black Flag, but purely pirate based with its own story.

    My point of criticism is that Skull & Bones is not that game, and suggesting that it could be is objectively unrealistic. How you can find that a "silly" reason to disagree with you is beyond me.
    Take a look at this recent Kotaku article detailing the rough costs for modern game development; https://kotaku.com/why-video-games-c...ake-1818508211
    With this in mind, to remake Skull & Bones to the game you want, you're asking Ubisoft to easily double the current investment, losing a lot of money for nothing. The game would then have to sell twice as many copies as it needed to just to cover the basic development costs.

    It's unrealistic, to put it mildly.


    so you can say whatever you want cause your disagreements really make no sense to me like to many other people as well! you do realize ubisoft is known as developing games with tons of bugs that can be fixed and tons of content that can be added but they dont fix their bugs and add more content and I dont know why!
    They do fix their bugs.

    and no, sea of thieves is too cartoonish to me! I dont care if you can fight with swords and guns there and so on, because the graphic and art style is very bad for me not to play the game! there is no royal navy or colonies or empires in sea of thieves! bet there is not even a story!
    Stop using exclamation marks, and talk to me normally so we can have a rational, calm discourse.

    And it sounds like you need to go play Naval Action.
    Share this post