If I had never heard of Beyond Good and Evil... would I like the look of this game?

You know what the funny thing is, yes I have concerns, yes I have reservations, yes I still think this game will be a masterpeice anyway.

BUT, If I had never heard of BGE1 in the first place, would I still think this game looks decent?

Oh **** yes! The promise of this quirky Miyazaki-esque open world, the vague hints to some form of character customisation, the unique story built on the concept of cosmic piracy, and a universe of animal hybrids built for slave labour who have gone on to form their own societies and social classes?

That pitch right there gets me excited.

Does it get me excited as a Beyond Good and Evil game?

Uh, yeah, it does. But I have also come to expect a beautifully crafted narrative, in-depth characters and... Jade and Pey'J and DomZ and those humble BGE moments and all that good stuff we remember from the classic!

Hopefully, it can be both!

I played the game the first time with the HD-Reamke and felt in love. I guess, the artstyle makes a lot of the fascination and can help to look through the graphical age of the game.

SuperBiscotCOT's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Sawbones194 Go to original post
    I played the game the first time with the HD-Reamke and felt in love. I guess, the artstyle makes a lot of the fascination and can help to look through the graphical age of the game.
    Same for me.
    I first discovered Michel Ancel in a video game Masterclass and I only knew him for his incredible work on Rayman. But thanks to this conference I heard about BGE and immediatly bougth it.
    I was too young, when the first BGE realeased, to know something about it

It was a very pleasant suprise !

Not only the artistic direction and style was excellent but the narration was immersive and .... WOW! This Game Design is incredible !
    Michel Ancel is a Master of Game Design and is a reference for a student in Game Design like me

CulturalLemur's Avatar Member
    I can only assume that I would like what I saw based on the fact that I generally embrace games that stand out from the crowd and BG&E2 definitely does...

...but because I played the original I absolutely LOVE what I saw. Michel Ancel picked a completely unexpected, wonderfully fresh direction that won't completely alienate the fans and at the same time will attract those that love colorful and imaginative games. Well, unless someone happens to be easily triggered by swear words :V

Soulid_Snake's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm not gonna get excited over this, but what i heard in a ign interview sounds cool to say the least. One of which is being able to take a photograph in game of something showing it to an npc to get information. That sounds crazily detailed .

I am one of the people who has never heard of it and I'm crazy stoked.

I guess "never heard" is a bit strong. I've seen the box art. I saw the game available on Xbox live's games with gold and even picked it up there just in case, but never played it. But the excitement and playfulness of the trailer really got to me. I started researching and got only more excited. I watched this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45SInbDzpQ0 and it's really great to see a creator with such pride and passion for the game. I went through my game library and saw the first one sitting there installed, but unplayed and I started it up last night. I have zero nostalgia for this game, it wasn't even on my radar in it's prime. It's definitely playable for me now (although movement controls are just "reversed" or "normal" so I can't just flip my Y-axis - this makes it a bit difficult for me) so hopefully I finish it up. I've also even found myself sharing the trailer and hype with friends...so as someone who knew nothing about this game and the promise of a sequel for like 15 yrs...I very much like the look of the game. I'm signed up for the "Space Monkey" program and I really really hope this game comes to completion. Single player games with social aspects are in a primo market position right now. I know plenty of people that just want a good story thats playable with friends or alone - and the character development being implied so far sounds great.
     1 people found this helpful

About game

I never heard of BGAE before but after seeing the a short gameplay and cinematic trailers, it looks like it's going be one awesome game. so far it's looking really good and can't wait to try it out!.
     1 people found this helpful

So you are worried, but not worried..... oh well

First thoughts

I had never heard of BG&E before.

I found the trailer while browsing other E3 videos, and I am impressed at the ambition of this game after doing a small amount of research.
    I've seen some people complain about the trailer and some themes in it, but those aside the game looks great from the current gameplay we can see, I'm looking forward to the Ubisoft equivalent of Half-Life 2