Thread: 1603 Fatal Error During install... | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

EVERYTIME i try to install the original demo or the 2nd one (research facility) I get this error when trying to install (1603 Fatal Error COnsult Windows Installer Help (MSI.chm) or MSDN).

Anyone know how to fix this? I've already re-downloaded the file multiple times from dif. distributers.

~thanx
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

EVERYTIME i try to install the original demo or the 2nd one (research facility) I get this error when trying to install (1603 Fatal Error COnsult Windows Installer Help (MSI.chm) or MSDN).

Anyone know how to fix this? I've already re-downloaded the file multiple times from dif. distributers.

~thanx

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sHaPe_oF_gReY:

~thanx<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

your windows is currupted, run a virus scan and then repair windows with it's disk or just reformat the drive and reinstall windows again :|

Whoa! I wouldn't go there unless LAST RESORT.
    Try updating Windows first. Also try uninstalling older demo if installing newer demo on top. Virus scanning is a good idea but don't forget to UPDATE virus definitions. If that doesn't work give this a try
    pcbugdoctor It's Free!

BTW what OS are we talking about here? Win98? XP?

[This message was edited by R_A_G on Tue March 09 2004 at 06:26 AM.]

same happenned to me. just make sure you install directx 9b before you install the demo...do NOT get the installer to do it for you. that should be all you need to do.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R_A_G:
    Whoa! I wouldn't go there unless LAST RESORT.
    Try updating Windows first. Also try uninstalling older demo if installing newer demo on top. Virus scanning is a good idea but don't forget to UPDATE virus definitions. If that doesn't work give this a try
    http://www.pcbugdoctor.com/download.html It's Free!

BTW what OS are we talking about here? Win98? XP?

[This message was edited by R_A_G on Tue March 09 2004 at 06:26 AM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dude...that link to download that isnt free... u gotta register

Free virus scanner : http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

The solution is very easy. Here are the steps:
    1.) Copy farcry demo on the harddrive.
    2.) Go to http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dir...ds/default.asp and download the latest version of DirectX.
    3.) Run setup.exe for Farcry and uncheck DirectX b Installation box (if u have installed a higher version of DirectX this box will be unchecked by itself).

ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can contact me at lapu111@yahoo.com