Thread: LOL, what the heck is this!?? | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

XyZspineZyX
    Anybody with Nvidia cards might get a kick out of this. First, download Coolbits if you haven't already.. and apply it do the registry when it asks. As most of you know already, it opens up options in your Graphic card display properties for overclocking.

Anyway... go down to your start menu and choose the run command. Type in "regedit" without the quotes and hit enter.

Hit F3 (this pulls up the search) and type in Krusty then hit enter

WTH? There are all these entries like Maggie, Homer, Lisa, Marge, Bart, Bart3d, Krusty3d.. etc

What is this stuff and what do their values do if modified? I'm afraid to touch anything but I thought this was funny..
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    Anybody with Nvidia cards might get a kick out of this. First, download Coolbits if you haven't already.. and apply it do the registry when it asks. As most of you know already, it opens up options in your Graphic card display properties for overclocking.

Anyway... go down to your start menu and choose the run command. Type in "regedit" without the quotes and hit enter.

Hit F3 (this pulls up the search) and type in Krusty then hit enter

WTH? There are all these entries like Maggie, Homer, Lisa, Marge, Bart, Bart3d, Krusty3d.. etc

What is this stuff and what do their values do if modified? I'm afraid to touch anything but I thought this was funny..

XyZspineZyX
    Hmm..
    The coolbits.reg only adds one key named "Coolbits" inside "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvTweak" and nothing more.

- WTH? There are all these entries like Maggie, Homer,
    - Lisa, Marge, Bart, Bart3d, Krusty3d.. etc

Are those keys inside that nvidia folder?
    What's the whole path to those keys ?

Maybe you've misunderstood something, or then your post is hard to follow and I misunderstood what your point was..

XyZspineZyX
    Maybe it has something to do with your direct 3d tests. You know when you test your card's ablility to render and it shows that cube spinning around with an "X" on it. Maybe it just gives you an option to show those characters instead of the box.

XyZspineZyX
    Here you go.. taken right from regedit. See what you can make of it

XyZspineZyX
    There must be something else going on - I just did what you said (coolbits.reg) and all I get is one entry none of which are simpsons.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvTweak]
    "CoolBits"=dword:00000003

...is all that shows up

"...you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun." - Fiona Apple