I think I found my Shugobros.

Fixing Shugoki

A) Headbutt knocks down opponents when they're out of stamina.

B) Oni charge knocks down with Revenge.

C) Zone attack can be cancelled before the first attack. This could help to reach the opponent more often when they try to run from the Shugoki.

D) Does not receive more damage when Hyper Armor is down. He's already got the worst dodge in the game.

E) Charged Heavy on a downed opponent is not unsafe on hit.

F) Fix Ball so the opponent doesn't get off it.

G) Fix his Broken feats. Sometimes Juggernaut doesn't work and Regen doesn't work if Shugoki gets it from a Boost.
     1 people found this helpful

i hope the devs will see that and understand that Change is necessary! ! !

Originally Posted by Daeyrat Go to original post

C) Zone attack can be cancelled before the first attack. This could help to reach the opponent more often when they try to run from the Shugoki.

D) Does not receive more damage when Hyper Armor is down. He's already got the worst dodge in the game.

G) Fix his Broken feats. Sometimes Juggernaut doesn't work and Regen doesn't work if Shugoki gets it from a Boost.

(a) disagree. Maybe on revenge

(b) already works like that.

(c) that's what the oni charge is for -- which is why the oni charge needs that "stamina regen halt for 2~3 seconds" restriction removed

(d) you don't get more damage with UI removed. The UI provides extra damage resistance. There's a difference

(e) agreed. this is actually a change that needs to be addressed universally

(f) this usually happens with wonky team-hit situation, but not a biggy at all.

Originally Posted by kweassa1 Go to original post
    (a) disagree. Maybe on revenge

(b) already works like that.

(c) that's what the oni charge is for -- which is why the oni charge needs that "stamina regen halt for 2~3 seconds" restriction removed

(d) you don't get more damage with UI removed. The UI provides extra damage resistance. There's a difference

(e) agreed. this is actually a change that needs to be addressed universally

(f) this usually happens with wonky team-hit situation, but not a biggy at all.
    A) Already knocks down on revenge.
    B) Doesn't.
    C) Oni Charge isn't FOR THIS. It's meant for bridges and ledges. It used to be meant for this when it actually knocked people down. Even if you disable the stamina regen halt, you'll hardly reengage. In fact, Zone attack already works with the purpose I said, but Shugoki becomes extremely unsafe and parriable. It would be more safe, but spending more stamina.
    D) No. Shugoki has 160 HP and he takes more damage when the armor is down. Just check the damage you take from stuff using the UI.
    F) Has nothing to do with wonky team-hit. I've gathered footage of these bugs and they simply NEVER work under certain situations, which are quite commmon depending on which feats you choose. In fact, some feats simply nullify others and HP regen simply doesn't work when you get it from a boost.

Originally Posted by Daeyrat Go to original post

A.) Disagree, all they need to do is add the push back effect to the move like the Warlords headbutt. His HB can ledge you because of that. Shugoki only has stun effect to his HB which is why the enemy gets saved by an invisible wall near the ledge.

B.) Agree. Also it should knock down the enemy when they are out of stamina.

C.) Toss up. I can usually land the first hit, then they parry the second. The cancellation after hit 1 seems good but, I think the early cancel would just cancel the whole zone attack because he runs while swinging. Probably why they don't have it.

D.)Agree. This might not have been a problem with the old stat system, but with the addition of the worst stat ever, "Defense Penetration" it's a little ridiculous. You can no longer stack defense to help offset the HA going down because of Defense Penetration. Also team hits should not be able to drop the HA.

E.)Please clarify. Didn't understand what you mean.

F.)Agree. Inconsistent. I have had people eat it with no damage. I have people take damage but, they don't go flying. Not mention your team can steal him GB wise when your mid swing and cancel the effect and damage(50/50 sometimes it damages them.)

G.)Agree. I had to stop using jugg because of that. I use rock steady in its place. I also never used regeneration, so I can't really comment on that. I use staggering blow, its an awesome feat.

It's nice to see there are still Shugoki around. We are a rare sight to behold now. Like a big over weight unicorn.

Originally Posted by Shugoki_Hug Go to original post
    A.) Disagree, all they need to do is add the push back effect to the move like the Warlords headbutt. His HB can ledge you because of that. Shugoki only has stun effect to his HB which is why the enemy gets saved by an invisible wall near the ledge.

B.) Agree. Also it should knock down the enemy when they are out of stamina.

C.) Toss up. I can usually land the first hit, then they parry the second. The cancellation after hit 1 seems good but, I think the early cancel would just cancel the whole zone attack because he runs while swinging. Probably why they don't have it.

D.)Agree. This might not have been a problem with the old stat system, but with the addition of the worst stat ever, "Defense Penetration" it's a little ridiculous. You can no longer stack defense to help offset the HA going down because of Defense Penetration. Also team hits should not be able to drop the HA.

E.)Please clarify. Didn't understand what you mean.

F.)Agree. Inconsistent. I have had people eat it with no damage. I have people take damage but, they don't go flying. Not mention your team can steal him GB wise when your mid swing and cancel the effect and damage(50/50 sometimes it damages them.)

G.)Agree. I had to stop using jugg because of that. I use rock steady in its place. I also never used regeneration, so I can't really comment on that. I use staggering blow, its an awesome feat.

It's nice to see there are still Shugoki around. We are a rare sight to behold now. Like a big over weight unicorn.

I use Staggering Blow for Dominion and Elimination, but Regen for Skirmish. Sometimes Arrows in Dominion too.
    Had to drop Juggernaut as well, and I used to like it, because it gave me more chances to survive.

Anyway, about E)... If you charge your Heavy Attack and hit a downed opponent with it, they can Guardbreak you on HIT! It's ridiculous.

(a) is just screaming for a perma-knockdown exploit.

(b) is, as I said, Oni Charge already knocks down at revenge

(c) Oni Charge is now basically a short-burst/movement/utility skill and plenty capable of all sorts of different applications. The only thing hindering it's new role is the excessive over-nerfing that stops stamina regeneration on a class ALREADY with the lowest stam efficiency in game. It's barely manageable in Dominion with a stam reduction/stam regen arm piece, but much too heavy penalty in 1:1 duels. Besides a ZA that cancels before the 1st attack isn't going to help catch up to anyone. The only thing it's going to be is a Shugoki Vortex.

(d) got this one confused. You're right. The Shug receives normal, listed amount of damage only with the UI, and receives more damage without it. This really should be reversed so the Shug receives NORMAL damage without UI, and a 1-off +25% damage resistance WITH the UI

(f) is only a problem during revenge activation, or when another teammate hits your target while Demon Ball is activated. Both instances are almost a non issue in duels. It'd certainly be nice to have it be more consistent, but like said, it's no biggy at all.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by kweassa1 Go to original post
    (a) is just screaming for a perma-knockdown exploit.

(b) is, as I said, Oni Charge already knocks down at revenge

(c) Oni Charge is now basically a short-burst/movement/utility skill and plenty capable of all sorts of different applications. The only thing hindering it's new role is the excessive over-nerfing that stops stamina regeneration on a class ALREADY with the lowest stam efficiency in game. It's barely manageable in Dominion with a stam reduction/stam regen arm piece, but much too heavy penalty in 1:1 duels. Besides a ZA that cancels before the 1st attack isn't going to help catch up to anyone. The only thing it's going to be is a Shugoki Vortex.

(d) got this one confused. You're right. The Shug receives normal, listed amount of damage only with the UI, and receives more damage without it. This really should be reversed so the Shug receives NORMAL damage without UI, and a 1-off +25% damage resistance WITH the UI

(f) is only a problem during revenge activation, or when another teammate hits your target while Demon Ball is activated. Both instances are almost a non issue in duels. It'd certainly be nice to have it be more consistent, but like said, it's no biggy at all.

Thanks for the video, but it seems they'll be removing this with the PT2 changes (melee attacks on revenge no longer knock down).

The Demon Ball problem may not be an issue in Duels, but I don't think this is meant to be a Shugoki Duel Thread. Please, don't downplay issues because they're not 1x1 related.

The Shugoki vortex is impossible because Zone Attacks consumes like 50% of the stamina meter.