What could Ubisoft do to buff Shugoki a little?

I feel like the big man needs some TLC after his charge was nerfed into the ground. You can't even knock an exhausted opponent down with it. No stun when you hit them, even if you stumble them into a wall or object. It's kinda trash now.

I'm wondering what other players' ideas would be to buff the big man a little.
     1 people found this helpful

Balancing the core mechanics , (defensive meta)

And shugokis Oni-charge needs to do anything, as an example throwing against the wall to get a free light attack.

What could Ubisoft do to buff Shugoki a little?
    Pass this game to another team.

Originally Posted by S0Mi_xD Go to original post
    Balancing the core mechanics , (defensive meta)

And shugokis Oni-charge needs to do anything, as an example throwing against the wall to get a free light attack.
    I think the recovery from the charge is too slow for that so they'd have to speed it up

Why the extra damage when our shield goes down? We are so slow in every aspect. I used to stack defense to offset that , but not any more because of defense penetration.

I believe Shugoki could be a simple fix. First, make his charge knock down an opponent out of stamina. It was super OP before, but I think that he should have an out of stamina punish. He currently just has very little pressure. Secondly, remove the bonus damage taken when his armour is down. Give the decreased damage when it is up to further allow him to trade, which is pretty much his main selling point, but don't make him quite so pathetically weak in Ganks and against light spammers by making him take bonus damage. Although light spam admittedly isn't too hard to deal with once you can time the parries. Thirdly, speed up his fully charged heavies by something like 20% and allow him to cancel out into a guard break or demon's embrace at nearly the entire length of the animation. That way, he can feint in more locations, making it harder to read, and he would have a few more options without changing too much or making him super strong. If they go for a parry with your armour up, you can tank the heavy and hug them to death ( you can technically already do this, but it is laughably slow). If they try to dodge, you might cancel out into a guard break. I'd love to hear more thoughts on the Shugoki. He is super fun to play.

Another thing I would like to see changed, is when you demon's embrace an opponent. Right now you heal on drop of the opponent not when you crack their back. Heal on the crack of the back when the damage is done to help you tank out its long animation. Maybe speed up his gb animation a little.

Also:

Has anybody had trouble with GB with the shugoki? I always seem to bounce off people most of the time(maybe my timing is off), not to mention the animation is ridiculously slow and punishable.

Another thing before I forget. Has anyone had the demon ball not work, do to your own teams ability to GB him in your animation. Sometimes he goes flying with no damage other times they don't go anywhere and take a take little bit of damage. (Doesn't happen all the time, but enough times that it's noticeable.)

::Said in Uncle Voice::
    "One more thing."

Apparently an opponent can activate revenge mode while your doing your demon ball swing. This allows them to stand ground and not go flying while simultaneously negating any damage from the demon ball because of the "auto parry" but it technically doesn't parry animation because demon ball can't technically be parried cause it comes from a gb.

I do agree his guardbreak seems slow, but if you're bouncing off, it means they went for one at the same time. As for demon ball, that usually happens to me if a team mate hits them before the strike connects. It does reduced damage and they don't fly. As for the revenge mode stopping it, I think it's fine. If you guardbroke someone as any other character and went for a heavy, revenge would stop it. It's essentially the same in that regard. I too would like to see demon's embrace heal on the break. There are many times I've thrown an opponent into another enemy and staggered them to guarantee the hug and take them out, but a lot of the time I have to settle for just a light or maybe a side heavy because the other guy would be able to kill me before the heal happened if I went for the hug.

Originally Posted by CHawkins27 Go to original post
    I think the recovery from the charge is too slow for that so they'd have to speed it up
    Yes. That's a first step.
    Why faster, you may ask?
    Well, cause right now if you manage to knock down opponent, he will get up fast enough after a fully charged heavy to give you guaranteed GB. And this is some funky bullshrimp, which pisses me off.
    What else? More feint ability with charged heavy. Also will be good give him a headbutt of a gb, similar to Valk (instead of a usual throw) and give it a wall splat.