Thread: New Skill Ideas! | Forums

HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member

New Skill Ideas!

Started to realize there has not been a topic or any discussion about the skill trees or new abilities. What are some you think might be there or new skills you'd like to see in the game? I definitely want to see some new takedown skills. Was thinking if they really went all out on takedowns we could get weapon class specific ones that incorporate use of whatever class weapon you have equipped by aiming said weapon at an enemy & pressing the melee/ takedown button. These would obviously not always be silent unless you have a silencer equipped but they'd be fun. I also started to wonder because you play as a deputy, I'm curious if there will be arrests and non-lethal actions, some skills may relate to that if so.... anyway, what are everyone's ideas!?
     1 people found this helpful

Steve64b's Avatar Member
    How about a takedown that uses the enemy's weapon against them? It kinda makes sense really, but would probably be annoying to make animations for.

Also, would a deputy have teargas? How about spraying an enemy, leaving them blind and shooting wherever they hear some sound.

Keeping high hopes that there is more than one bow in the game (That being the pre order bow). I'd like an archery skill tree.

Also a non-class based follower perk skill tree.
    For example: in primal, there were several different versions of the same animal. Maybe i liked black wolf better than snow blood wolf. But snow blood was used more because i had to revive less. Instead, perk tree could calculate kills. Lets say 20 human kills makes him 5% more resistant towards humans. Etc.
    That way I can use my Labrador over the German Shepherd, and grow attatched.

@ Steve64b: What you mentioned has my curiousity if you can complete game non-lethally.

Originally Posted by Steve64b Go to original post
    How about a takedown that uses the enemy's weapon against them? It kinda makes sense really, but would probably be annoying to make animations for.

Also, would a deputy have teargas? How about spraying an enemy, leaving them blind and shooting wherever they hear some sound.
    From what I gather, the start of the game has you & 2 other deputies coming to investigate accusations against Joseph Seed with the intent on arresting him. I don't think the story is set up in a way that they really expect much resistance (hence just sending 3 deputies) so they're probably ill-prepared for the situation. Probably just showing up with side arms and maybe a shotgun & an AR in the truck ya know? I also get the vibe that the weapons in the game will be more of the makeshift variety than the tactical SWAT/ Military type gear, though one of the Seed brothers is supposedly ex-military so he probably is the source of all the firepower for the cultists... just some hypothesizing, but...

Helforsite's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by BonafideBacon Go to original post
    Keeping high hopes that there is more than one bow in the game (That being the pre order bow). I'd like an archery skill tree.

For example: in primal, there were several different versions of the same animal. Maybe i liked black wolf better than snow blood wolf. But snow blood was used more because i had to revive less. Instead, perk tree could calculate kills. Lets say 20 human kills makes him 5% more resistant towards humans. Etc.

@ Steve64b: What you mentioned has my curiousity if you can complete game non-lethally.
    As a massive bow fan in all games, I would love an archery skill tree, but I am 99% sure we will get a ranged weapons skill tree at best.

My family having a Labrador Retriever who I absolutely love, I would flip if they were in the game, but I was under the impression they arent that common in the US, even though they are really good hunting dogs.

Originally Posted by BonafideBacon Go to original post

Hrrmmmm, as someone not interested in the whole "fangs for hire" gimmick I'd rather they not have skills dedicated to animal related abilities myself, although the animals gaining experience and improvement to their abilities could be something that happens "under the hood" so to speak. So like if you use a specific dog regularly, it should over time just naturally become more effective ya know?

Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Originally Posted by HorTyS Go to original post
    From what I gather, the start of the game has you & 2 other deputies...
    They've probably been kicked out or there must be any other good reason why they're not searched for in the aftermath.

Helforsite's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Viragoxv535 Go to original post
    They've probably been kicked out or there must be any other good reason why they're not searched for in the aftermath.
    I am betting they get killed right at the start of the game, just because in FC3 we lost our brother and in FC4 Darpan right at the start.

Originally Posted by Viragoxv535 Go to original post
    Or maybe when "the law" (we) finally confronts the Seed family, thats when things kick off and they enact a plan they've had but have not yet set in motion. So maybe part of that plan is to cut off communication with the outside world. Could be what the towers are doing (if they're back, i've heard implications they may not be) but then how would they keep comms jammed once we liberate all the potential towers? Who knows, but that is definitely one of the big questions about the beginning of the game. I don't mind if they don't reveal it until the game is out, I just hope they have a believable way of explaining why a larger governmental force doesn't eventually intervene.

Originally Posted by Helforsite Go to original post
    I am betting they get killed right at the start of the game, just because in FC3 we lost our brother and in FC4 Darpan right at the start.
    My guess would be one of them gets killed and then the other becomes the playable co-op partner...

strigoi1958's Avatar Senior Member
    Unless 1 deputy kills the other in a betrayal plot twist????

I know there was a rope dart in AC3 but I'd like to see a garotte skill, where we make a wire lasso and drop it down from above over a guys head then pull it tight, maybe even a double or multi garotte... to be used as a silent takedown without a knife

Maybe a front on takedown... if they turn and spot us, we could run, slide kick their legs away and they fall forward onto our knife.... I like the takedowns and skills that do not use guns.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►