Thread: Far cry 5 needs Far cry 2 style custom map mp hosting options | Forums

  1. #51
    Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    3,453
    PM(ing) Community developers would be more effective than bumping a thread in my opinion.
    Share this post

  2. #52
    Sabotur's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,099
    Its good to let the rest of the world know how good FC2 lobbies were though as well - they might not have even played FC2 MP back in the day.

    Its part of the history of Far Cry games.
    Share this post

  3. #53
    Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,427
    The Far Cry Instincts Lobbies were equally as good going back to 2005 we didn't have a map browser or ratings but it was still 16 players online, you could set the game to 4 teams of 4 and could make up a map list with 16 maps in the playlist plus it remembered the playlists so you could turn off your system and when you re-booted the playlist was still available or you could swap in and out maps.

    And you could leave your system running hosting on dedicated where others would join and play and the playlist of 16 maps would run until you stopped it.
    Back on the original Xbox there was no red ring of death and it was known that some would often host for a 24 hour period or longer.
    Share this post

  4. #54
    AW LOST SOLDIER's Avatar FC Elite Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    ---XB1 club ----------FAR CRY 5 MAP BUILDERS CLUB
    Posts
    1,313
    Originally Posted by Viragoxv535 Go to original post
    PM(ing) Community developers would be more effective than bumping a thread in my opinion.
    PM to community devs just wont cut it imo. we dont want to look back in 6 months time and if this lobby system is missing from fc5, nobody can say we didn't ask for this fc2 style lobby system.
    Share this post

  5. #55
    Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    3,453
    Originally Posted by AW LOST SOLDIER Go to original post
    PM to community devs just wont cut it imo.
    So, what exactly is, in your opinion, the best way to best way get the message through besides a thread and private messaging a comdev?
    Share this post

  6. #56
    AW LOST SOLDIER's Avatar FC Elite Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    ---XB1 club ----------FAR CRY 5 MAP BUILDERS CLUB
    Posts
    1,313
    Originally Posted by Viragoxv535 Go to original post
    So, what exactly is, in your opinion, the best way to best way get the message through besides a thread and private messaging a comdev?
    Com devs are busy people and more than likely read up to a 100 pm's a day. any pm could be missed because of the work load, thats why i dont want to just send a pm and think oh well thats that sorted.
    Share this post

  7. #57
    I'd LOVE to see the return of playlists, so that I could make multiple map campaigns. It'd be cool to save and share playlists as well
    Share this post

  8. #58
    Sabotur's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,099
    Originally Posted by Fallen-Champ Go to original post
    The Far Cry Instincts Lobbies were equally as good going back to 2005 we didn't have a map browser or ratings but it was still 16 players online, you could set the game to 4 teams of 4 and could make up a map list with 16 maps in the playlist plus it remembered the playlists so you could turn off your system and when you re-booted the playlist was still available or you could swap in and out maps.

    And you could leave your system running hosting on dedicated where others would join and play and the playlist of 16 maps would run until you stopped it.
    Back on the original Xbox there was no red ring of death and it was known that some would often host for a 24 hour period or longer.
    Setting matches up as 4 teams of 4 sounds pretty cool, wish I had played the previous versions of Far Cry. Playlists of 16 maps in rotation = same as FC2 then which was really good, especially for something like a map jam, you could all play through the playlist together, maybe one map from each of the 16 creators.

    You could swap out maps on FC2 as well, just had to do it during the lobby so I usually set it so the match wouldn;t start until everyone was ready (or if I forced launch as host) so I had time to change the playlist while everyone in the lobby was downloading the next map in rotation. It worked perfectly.

    @viragoxv535 - As AW is pointing out - its not just for Ubi to take notice, its so that if these several points have not been observed, we can for sure, in the future, remind them of our united endeavours to reinstate a public lobby system which have been repeatedly referenced to in these forums. In other words - it has been made very clear what the request is.
    Share this post

  9. #59
    Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    3,453
    Originally Posted by AW LOST SOLDIER Go to original post
    Com devs are busy people and more than likely read up to a 100 pm's a day. any pm could be missed because of the work load, thats why i dont want to just send a pm and think oh well thats that sorted.
    That makes me think that you haven't even tried. That's baffling to read from someone who really seems passionate on the subject.
    Bumping a thread being more powerful than a PM? Not sure..
    Share this post

  10. #60
    Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,427
    Unfortunately Sab 4 teams of 4 was hardly ever used, I remember zee Evil1 doing it one night and we all had a lot of fun, you could even do it with 3 teams if there were not enough players - shame it wasn't popular because I really liked it.
    Share this post