Thread: ETF Charlie - Day Three Recap | Forums

What if: a new gear score only affected the gold stuff you get a metric **** ton of now anyway? Meaning that they made it to where Exotics auto level with you. What if they made new exotics for this new world tier? If you require new content only to enjoy an rng loot based game, its only going to save you most of your time to not play.

World tier I am ok with....GS not at all unless what I have re-scales up....I have had to re-farm every bit if gear I have had how many times now....4...5....not to mention changes themselves inside of particular gear sets that make me have to acquire new pieces to re-roll....

I am all for an entire World Tier Legendary...I would love that from the PVE side of it....would love if every mission was able to be completed on Legendary. Even if you are only able to obtain 3 exotics per week, we could switch up what missions we ran.

The main problem I have ran into and the reason most of the group I play with has quit, is because we have all the gear sets we want, all the exotics we want....and most of us have beat everything there is to beat.....

There is just nothing new to keep interest anymore...and LS is the only thing I play when and if I do play..... there just needs to be more end game material

mattshotcha's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by Edifiss Go to original post
    Cool. Were ANY of these global events a discussion of New Game plus, adding difficulty tiers as opposed to just adding a world tier or another easy cop out that development could and would take?

This isn't transparent matt. In fact this is just controlling the flow of news coming from ETF and keeping it to a forum instead of having youtubers rumour mill.

Screw it. You know what, I'm a little heated up about this.

Adding a gear score just means more grind for existing builds which will piss everyone off. The same with world tier - Now I know that I've been heard, because I discussed it with terry, hamish, AND YOU. It makes more sense to add a difficulty level that employs the hunter algorithms instead of just increasing gearscore and world tier. I don't want your already bullet spongier npc's to be even more bullet spongier, I want what I wanted from the start; a game that makes me think, adapt and overcome.

The challenges that were added last time were a good start, but nothing more - there's so much more that can be done on the LZ side in terms of exploration, diversity of opponents, difficulty of opponents and variety and population - I understand some of it comes down to the overheads that Terry described last friday, but this just feels like yeat again - while you're claiming these are "global events" you're focusing on, the bulk of it is on the DZ and your desire to add more emotes and skin packs.

That's nothing short of lazy. LAZY matt, Lazy.

Please. Feel free to thank everyone at red storm, massive and whatever the hell the studio in newcastle is called for the continuing eff you to people not interested in PvP. It makes me feel like I made my choice to spend moneyreally well.
    You're getting fired up based off an assumption.

Also, this isn't intended to be transparent. We're not there yet as far as revealing everything being worked on or even what';s already being shown to the ETF. These updates are to try and show the community some of the broad scope of things being discussed inside the ETF workshops.

We also haven't confirmed how we would approach a new world tier or gear score increase so before you round up the townspeople and pick up the pitchforks, remember that next to the keywords gear score and world tier is the word DISCUSSION. Your feedback in this thread that you have cast aside as non-transparent "information" control is exactly the place for the community to participate in said discussion. So you see, while trying to claim this thread is pointless and pointing out all the things you assume are wrong with how we're approaching a potential gear score and world tier increase, you've actually highlighted why this thread is important if you could just take a step back, breath, and reply.

As for Global Events, what and where did anyone say they are focused solely on the DZ? Again, getting fired up and casting aside the discussion over an assumption you've manufactured entirely on your own.

Regardless, thank you for the feedback and being a part of the discussion though. Because whether you want to admit it or not, your replies here are a part of the ETF discussions as a whole. When all the ETF Charlie dust settles, we've have our workshop conversations, our gameplay conversations, our feedback in these threads, all added to the feedback pulled from our many channels every day.
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by mattshotcha Go to original post
    You're getting fired up based off an assumption.

Also, this isn't intended to be transparent. We're not there yet as far as revealing everything being worked on or even what';s already being shown to the ETF. These updates are to try and show the community some of the broad scope of things being discussed inside the ETF workshops.

We also haven't confirmed how we would approach a new world tier or gear score increase so before you round up the townspeople and pick up the pitchforks, remember that next to the keywords gear score and world tier is the word DISCUSSION. Your feedback in this thread that you have cast aside as non-transparent "information" control is exactly the place for the community to participate in said discussion. So you see, while trying to claim this thread is pointless and pointing out all the things you assume are wrong with how we're approaching a potential gear score and world tier increase, you've actually highlighted why this thread is important if you could just take a step back, breath, and reply.

As for Global Events, what and where did anyone say they are focused solely on the DZ? Again, getting fired up and casting aside the discussion over an assumption you've manufactured entirely on your own.

Regardless, thank you for the feedback and being a part of the discussion though. Because whether you want to admit it or not, your replies here are a part of the ETF discussions as a whole. When all the ETF Charlie dust settles, we've have our workshop conversations, our gameplay conversations, our feedback in these threads, all added to the feedback pulled from our many channels every day.
    Because that's the way it feels matt - The reason I stick around this game is because I look for a reason, any reason to keep playing - You know how I feel about PvP; it's great for the occasional jaunt, but you know as well as I do that I'm not exactly a people person; finding people that "get" me is not easy - there's a reason I stick to the solo PvE stuff for the most part, and that's getting stale - the reason for my frustration this time is because the flow isn't going both ways, and it's not like I'm even asking for specifics other than "well, was this discussed?" - Has the idea of a New Game + been discussed in terms of scope and ability in terms of what you can get away with in terms of the "cost" as Terry put it last friday? Is there any possibility of widening the scope of the hunter difficulty NPCs to the LZ? I was actually genuinely excited for Charlie because Yannick made it sound like Ubisoft/Massive/Redstorm were going to engage with the whoie community in at least a more than token scale with Charlie, rather than just release a survey which...I couldn't fill out by the way, so thanks for that.

And then, to boot it just feels like all You and Hamish care about is the DZ. What does that present as an image? Has it occurred to you, for example that engaging PvE players by doing your HVTs, or giving Underground, or doing the boss circuit and giving those aspects some love would go a long, long way to dispelling the perception of bias? When was the last time you played underground. Or survival - because every time I look on Tuesdays and Fridays, it's all last stand, all the time and it's infuriating. it's heartbreaking. I'm trying not to crap on you matt because you know I love the crap out of you. I actually love this game despite the amount of *****ing I do about it.

Matt, you've seen Fatal Attraction right? ^Homeboy is going to show up at your house and feed your family your pet bunny. Give the man his PvE.

Originally Posted by Thr3e2wenty8 Go to original post
    Matt, you've seen Fatal Attraction right? ^Homeboy is going to show up at your house and feed your family your pet bunny. Give the man his PvE.
    If I'm going to the trouble of boiling a bunny, I'm going to make a delicious rabbit stew.

Originally Posted by mckrackin5324 Go to original post
    I swear to Christ... a gear score increase with no new missions and all new gear to grind for will be the absolute last straw.

And since nobody is ever going to tell us what is going on,all I want to know is...when?
    Is year 2 content going to make it while we're still in year 2?

When will 1.7 drop? When will 1.8 drop?

Hey buddy,
    its already clear that 1.7 will come in this summer and 1.8 in this winter! Please believe me it will be great and you will really love both updates! The content of both updates will cover PVE and PVP and there is no old warmed up stuff! The staff of Massive, Reflection and Redstorm are really great and they love this game! So please have some patience something will happen quite soon!
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Panth3r007_ETF Go to original post
    Hey buddy,
    its already clear that 1.7 will come in this summer and 1.8 in this winter! Please believe me it will be great and you will really love both updates! The content of both updates will cover PVE and PVP and there is no old warmed up stuff! The staff of Massive, Reflection and Redstorm are really great and they love this game! So please have some patience something will happen quite soon!
    You do know the first two ETFs said the same thing. Right?
    Did you guys not discuss things from the first two ETFs that never saw the light of day? What makes you think this is different?

Just because you saw some stuff...that doesn't put it in the game.

And the nine month window you just quoted doesn't tell me anything.

vvhorus's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by panth3r007_etf Go to original post
    hey buddy,
    its already clear that 1.7 will come in this summer and 1.8 in this winter! Please believe me it will be great and you will really love both updates! The content of both updates will cover pve and pvp and there is no old warmed up stuff! The staff of massive, reflection and redstorm are really great and they love this game! So please have some patience something will happen quite soon!
    lol!!