Thread: ETF Charlie - Day Three Recap | Forums

mattshotcha's Avatar Community Manager

ETF Charlie - Day Three Recap

Day Three for ETF Charlie was another workshop heavy one. Staggering the ETF Agents between game play sessions and workshop discussions throughout the entire day meant equal parts hands on time and discussion time.

The main focus of Day Three game play was 1.8 content, which we are not ready to share just yet. But the Agents participated in round table workshops on a variety of topics we CAN speak on briefly.

Gameplay
    • Update 1.8 new features and content

Discussions
    • Global Event ideas and improvements
    • World Tier and Gear Score increase
    • Survival improvements

Now while a potential World Tier increase or Gear Score increase is not 100% confirmed here, it is a topic that the ETF Charlie Agents were actively contributing opinions and information on.

As for the 1.8 content, we are going to have to play this one a bit quiet for now as it is not quite ready for reveal, but hang in there, Agents.

More news coming tomorrow for Day Four, the final day of ETF Charlie.

/The Division Dev Team
     3 people found this helpful

Thank you good sir, appreciate the feedback.

Cool. Were ANY of these global events a discussion of New Game plus, adding difficulty tiers as opposed to just adding a world tier or another easy cop out that development could and would take?

This isn't transparent matt. In fact this is just controlling the flow of news coming from ETF and keeping it to a forum instead of having youtubers rumour mill.

Screw it. You know what, I'm a little heated up about this.

Adding a gear score just means more grind for existing builds which will piss everyone off. The same with world tier - Now I know that I've been heard, because I discussed it with terry, hamish, AND YOU. It makes more sense to add a difficulty level that employs the hunter algorithms instead of just increasing gearscore and world tier. I don't want your already bullet spongier npc's to be even more bullet spongier, I want what I wanted from the start; a game that makes me think, adapt and overcome.

The challenges that were added last time were a good start, but nothing more - there's so much more that can be done on the LZ side in terms of exploration, diversity of opponents, difficulty of opponents and variety and population - I understand some of it comes down to the overheads that Terry described last friday, but this just feels like yeat again - while you're claiming these are "global events" you're focusing on, the bulk of it is on the DZ and your desire to add more emotes and skin packs.

That's nothing short of lazy. LAZY matt, Lazy.

Please. Feel free to thank everyone at red storm, massive and whatever the hell the studio in newcastle is called for the continuing eff you to people not interested in PvP. It makes me feel like I made my choice to spend moneyreally well.
     6 people found this helpful

RushLoongHammer's Avatar Senior Member
    Please tickle my pickle.
    Any scrapes of bread will be fine
    -
    I don't mind a world tier/GS increase, but just remember, the more you have, the longer it takes for a new players to get through the fluff to get to the late game were most people would be.
    The adventure to lategame could be boring without much player interaction along the way.
     1 people found this helpful

xcel30's Avatar Senior Member
    I really hope this gear score increase doesn't become a "do something you done thousands times again, buth higher numbers", i mean jesus i don't want to grind any exotics anymore because most of them are trahs and having ot do that again will just make things redundant over and over
     4 people found this helpful

Any EFT Agents from Australia (or Asia) who can discuss how pathetic matchmaking (servers) is for Last Stand & Incursions?
    That should have been addressed in the 1.6.1 patch!

This issue makes the game unplayable

Originally Posted by xcel30 Go to original post
    I really hope this gear score increase doesn't become a "do something you done thousands times again, buth higher numbers", i mean jesus i don't want to grind any exotics anymore because most of them are trahs and having ot do that again will just make things redundant over and over
    Of course it'll mean exactly that. That's what it implies.

I swear to Christ... a gear score increase with no new missions and all new gear to grind for will be the absolute last straw.

And since nobody is ever going to tell us what is going on,all I want to know is...when?
    Is year 2 content going to make it while we're still in year 2?

When will 1.7 drop? When will 1.8 drop?

Originally Posted by Edifiss Go to original post
    Adding a gear score just means more grind for existing builds which will piss everyone off. The same with world tier
    Yeah, if you could not act like you speak for everyone that would be great. A gearscore jump with new gears/guns would be awesome and give a reason to play again.

Originally Posted by Baundiesel Go to original post
    Yeah, if you could not act like you speak for everyone that would be great. A gearscore jump with new gears/guns would be awesome and give a reason to play again.

Yeah, if you could learn the difference between increasing grind, and increasing difficulty that would be great too.
     4 people found this helpful