Thread: ETF Charlie - Day Two Recap | Forums

mattshotcha's Avatar Community Manager

ETF Charlie - Day Two Recap

Agents, we have some ETF Charlie intel incoming...

Day Two kicked off with a staggered schedule of game play sessions and workshops for a variety of aspects of Year Two. Our ETF Agents were able to test and provide immediate first impression responses to some of the most debated topics and projected changes to The Division.

We've prepared a rough outline to provide a bit more visibility into what exactly they were shown:

Gameplay
    • Tested Update 1.7 and more particularly the Global Events feature (formerly known as Seasons)
    • Tested changes to the Rogue mechanics scheduled for Update 1.8

Gear sets
    • Gear Sets balancing
    • New Gear sets ideas
    • Improvements to the Gear set feature

Underground
    • Current issues with Underground
    • Improvements to make it more attractive
    • Directives mechanic
    • Rewards
    • Variety

PvP combat dynamic (“chicken dance”)
    • Hip-fire
    • Cover
    • Movement

Again, further details cannot be shared at this time, but this should provide a bit of an overview on the scope of topics under review by the Agents of ETF Charlie.

Day Two is capped off by a "Meet & Greet" session with ETF Charlie, the members of the dev team that are in town for the event, and any local Division Agents interested and available.

Stay tuned for our Day Three recap for more details on all things ETF Charlie, The Division, and Year Two.

/The Division Dev Team

Never mind. wasting my breath.

Unbelievable. What about probably the most requested thing..........survival update!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by ochre4 Go to original post
    Unbelievable. What about probably the most requested thing..........survival update!!!!!!!
    What about the virtue known as... patience?

Gang, it's Day Two. We have more stuff for you all in the coming days.
     3 people found this helpful

Thanks for these updates, keep 'em coming please!

Also hope to hear some of the meet & greet agents' impressions!
     2 people found this helpful

I know a lot of us want more because of either our curiosity or overall concern for the direction of the Division so we may come off a bit salty. However, I appreciate the little tidbits we do get. At the very least it's a "better than nothing scenario".Keep the info coming, thanks.

Originally Posted by jaiant2427 Go to original post
    I know a lot of us want more because of either our curiosity or overall concern for the direction of the Division so we may come off a bit salty. However, I appreciate the little tidbits we do get. At the very least it's a "better than nothing scenario".Keep the info coming, thanks.
    We also have two more days of ETF Charlie, with two more days of recaps coming. While we can't peel back the whole curtain, we wanted to do all we could to at least provide some high level info on what's being worked on.

Stay tuned for more.
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by mattshotcha Go to original post
    Stay tuned for more.
    really thank you for the infos and I'm glad that you're working on improving the game. Is there any way to prevent from side effects of pacthes next time ? not that they are really game breaking, but still...

Originally Posted by MonsterOfMyOwn Go to original post
    really thank you for the infos and I'm glad that you're working on improving the game. Is there any way to prevent from side effects of pacthes next time ? not that they are really game breaking, but still...
    When you say side effects you mean introducing new bugs, correct?

If so, we're hoping that a more robust PTS cycle, including console will help there.

We'll have our usual internal testing, a PTS including console, and then a final round of internal testing and finalization.

Originally Posted by mattshotcha Go to original post
    When you say side effects you mean introducing new bugs, correct?

If so, we're hoping that a more robust PTS cycle, including console will help there.

We'll have our usual internal testing, a PTS including console, and then a final round of internal testing and finalization.
    This patch might have few fixed some issues, but it also added more bugs/gltiches. Also bugs that was reported from previous patches are still present. There are bugs that was claimed as fixed on the patch notes, but that bugs are still present. I reported these on technical forums.

What happen with the pts? I'm pretty sure we gave you a lot of feedback. Numerous things still went to the live game. What is the point of the pts if you release patches that introduce more bugs? I feel pts needs to be in a controlled environment where certain mechanics are tested thoroughly.

Thanks for the update. I still believe there are more issues/topic that should be on the table.