Thread: DLC on multiple systems. | Forums

DLC on multiple systems.

I am going to be living in both San Diego and Boson,

So I a going t set up game systems in each home.

I have purchased about 100, maybe more songs over the years.

My question is, are the downloads attached to your UBIsoft account,or to your device directly. or Will I be able to access my songs from both locations,

I really don't want to have to repurchase $300+ worth of songs.

Thanks,

And If this is in the wrong forum (which it probably is) please bmp it the correct location,

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    If you use the same system in both locations then you are most likely fine. For example, if playing through Steam (PC) then it will download the game and all DLC to every computer you use to login to your account.

OTOH, if you try to use Sony Playstation on one coast, and Microsoft Xbox on the other, then the DLC will only work on the system that it was purchased on.

Yep, DLC isn't cross-platform, but if you use the same account on the same platform it should work fine.

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    On PC the DLC is with your Steam account, and can be installed on multiple PCs.

stray75's Avatar Senior Member
    Would agree steam on PC probably best.

Alternatively, you could do like I do. Run an Xbox360 at one location and Xbox1 at other location.

Be sure to by ONLY XB360 DLC so it lands on both consoles.

butttttttttt even though you can download DLC, to each computer, how do you keep everything in synch?!?!??!
    I don't think you can unless the ouput files are on a shared server???

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Steam syncs your saves to the cloud. So all you systems stay in sync.

You have the ability to play Steam in offline mode and not sync to/from the cloud. Great for when you are without a network connection or Steam is down. Also careful manipulation of this feature on multiple systems can recover a corrupt profile/save.

stray75's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by rcole_sooner Go to original post
    Steam syncs your saves to the cloud. So all you systems stay in sync.

You have the ability to play Steam in offline mode and not sync to/from the cloud. Great for when you are without a network connection or Steam is down. Also careful manipulation of this feature on multiple systems can recover a corrupt profile/save.
    ^True dat^ Steam progress is tracked and you can advance using multiple platforms. The X360/XOne option will have you running separate progression for each system.

Shameless promotion: I've gotten all achievements on X360 and Steam. I was kind of happy to be able to start over on X1. I've got just under 400 missions completed on this platform and this is the only "achievement" I have remaining before I complete the game on that platform.

Originally Posted by rsratnip Go to original post
    Yep, DLC isn't cross-platform, but if you use the same account on the same platform it should work fine.

I played Rocksmith on PS3 for quite a few years, buying lots of DLC. But now my PS3 is dying, so I bought the game again on Steam and find it runs MUCH better. But it seems unfair that I should have to repurchase all of that DLC!! Is there really no way I can transfer it? I did purchase it legitimately... is there no hope for Ubisoft to find a solution for this??

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by aschneid42 Go to original post
    I played Rocksmith on PS3 for quite a few years, buying lots of DLC. But now my PS3 is dying, so I bought the game again on Steam and find it runs MUCH better. But it seems unfair that I should have to repurchase all of that DLC!! Is there really no way I can transfer it? I did purchase it legitimately... is there no hope for Ubisoft to find a solution for this??
    If you bought a PS4, they are kind enough to allow the PS3 DLC to transfer to the updated version of that platform. Cross-platform? No, no hope of that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►