Originally Posted by VailValleySkier Go to original post
    ... He even went as far as making a thread on here to brag about the snowboard he got for basically cheating, but I left an honest reply telling him how much he's ruining the game and haven't heard from him since....
    Yeah, I read that thread. I saw your post, thought "right on!", and it almost prompted me to post in that thread as well.
    The final straw though was when I saw what Mstfy said about winning the board "without the use of flat ground mini tricks", like trick spamming and stopping after every jump isn't just as bad. That's when I posted the OP.

I thoroughly agree that if the devs don't address it, then they may well lose a lot of players that do try to have style and flow to their run. Like you, I've stopped entering the prize giveaway competitions, as it really was quite gutting to spend a few hours getting a slick run with varied tricks (including making it harder for myself by trying to include a tree slap/bonk - I failed 50% of the time I tried it), only to be beaten by the spammer (and 2 others whose runs I was unable to watch) . If 2nd or 3rd had a nice run and they'd won, I'd just chalk it up to being legit beaten, but being beaten to the prize by the spammer left a bad taste in the mouth.

The game will just be a joke if it just ends up being a trick spamming competition.

I'm assuming they don't read these forums, or reply to threads with constructive criticism?

Cheers for the reply VVS.
     2 people found this helpful

SixBlackRavens's Avatar Member
    Totally agree with the OP, I made my own post about this subject, if we all band together to fight the points farmers we may just win and get the scoring system fixed so we all have an even playing field, here's my thread, please help support it: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-be-done-about
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by SixBlackRavens Go to original post
    Totally agree with the OP, I made my own post about this subject, if we all band together to fight the points farmers we may just win and get the scoring system fixed so we all have an even playing field, here's my thread, please help support it: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-be-done-about
    Yeah, i read your thread yesterday i think. It does seem that there are a good few people looking for it to be addressed, but I'm pretty sure our feedback and complaints are just falling on deaf ears.

In the Op, I made the effort to be as clear and accurate about the issue I'd like to see fixed, honestly hoping that it would be taken as constructive criticism and I would maybe receive a reply from a Dev or 1 of their reps, even if just to say "We're not fixing it, deal with it". As you can see, it is only you guys that have replied so far, and i think that's how it's likely to remain. Thanks for replying BTW, as it does bolster the fact that people are unhappy about the gameplay.

I tried Mark McMorris Snowboarding, and it wasn't very pretty, but you know what? After playing for a bit, I went to their forum and gave them some constructive feedback about their mountain creator tools, and they replied thanking me for my time and advising it was something they hoped to be developing in future.
    I doubt I was the only 1 that requested the features I mentioned, but it at least showed that they were listening to their community, and not just replying only to the positive threads with the praise and back slapping.

SixBlackRavens's Avatar Member
    It seems to me that UBI only talks about Steep being a great community based on steam announcements & news 'cos the community is freely advertising their game, go have a read of their news posts and all the unhappy players out there, also check out the players spotlight post about Mystify lmao he gets ruined, not one response from UBI community manager in the comments and UBI is only interested in promoting their product as a "community" based on who is at the top of the leader board, even if they are lame one trick pony's just points farming that they give prizes to and mark them as "Yeti's" lmfao who have unimpressive styles & runs. (cheats now hold the all time records for big air jumps)

Their "community" is a farce and UBI are not nearly as serious about the game play and it's functions as I would have hoped, it reminds me of the movie Eddie The Eagle http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1083452/ where the administration of the winter olympics laughed at eddie instead of taking him seriously. Players even complain on their discord server and not much is dealt with from moderators or community managers there. I gave up trying to get this point across on there, other players shoot you down for talking about it and even say UBI doesn't give a sh!t. Well I guess they really don't listen to their community, I know at least 14 players who no longer play steep because they look at the challenges and watch the replays only to find the all time record are held by someone who is clearly cheating and I stress again, the challenges should be moderated for this. Anyway good luck, have fun with whatever you play, I'm going to play Arma 3 at least the devs and team talk to the community there.

Originally Posted by SixBlackRavens Go to original post
    ....Anyway good luck, have fun with whatever you play, I'm going to play Arma 3 at least the devs and team talk to the community there.
    You lucky bugger! I'm a lowly xbox user! Plan on getting a gaming PC at some point, and Arma, DayZ, H1N1, Air missions: Hind etc are all games I'm dying to play. I'll be useless at multiplayer though, as I'm terrible with mouse and keyboard!

I've seen a fair bit of negative posting about the subjects we're discussing, but not sure I've seen the 1's you're referring to. If you see this, any chance of a link to the spotlight where Mystify gets roasted? Heh heh

Seems my OP was a futile effort then by the sounds of things.

Thanks for the info fella. Stay Frosty!