Thread: I have level 30 character... in Brooklyn! | Forums

I have level 30 character... in Brooklyn!

Unlike most players, i like to carve my own path and often completely ignore the paths, that developers give you. Most players will simply comform to the norm and only play the games the way developers intended you to play. Besides, devs never gave us opportunity to go back to Brooklyn. So, i decided i wanna level up the character all the way till i hit level 30, so i can see how the end boss drops some phoenix credit. I have gotten it in any other mission anyway.

Anyway, total play time to get to end game was like 7 days and 20 hours. Almost all of it spent killing same friggin enemies over and over again in a same friggin mission. Came home from hard day of work, grinded that Precinct mission for a hour. Or two. For about a month i just did that. And almost all of that in a hard mode, so i can slowly but surely get a better gear over time. The only things, that frustrated me was, that the end boss and mission rewards in Precinct Siege always were and still are a single piece of green items and some normal credits and thats it. But it gave me a gameplay experience, that the main game would never have given me. And you can never change the world tier, once you are at the end game, by the way.

edit:
    I need a favor from you guys. In fact 2 favors. First of all, i did not accept any invites from another players during that leveling up process, because i was afraid, that they might "drag" me to the Manhattan and at the moment they step trough these gates, im also forced to go to Manhattan, thus ruining the whole process. So i need to know, if all players need to step trough the gates, before the flight to Manhattan begins, or just one?

Second of all, can someone check what kind of loot table the "Ripper" named enemy is at, or if hes even a named enemy at all, or just a normal enemy with a name? Because hes the only "named enemy" in missions, incapable of dropping phoenix credits or any items higher, than standard green. I would check myself, but i do not have a working PC at the moment.

But anyway, here it is. Got the link to the level 30 in Brooklyn right here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G5FBy_F-mQ
     1 people found this helpful

vvhorus's Avatar Senior Member
    Allow me to be the first one to say: BRAVO!

That's amazing. Way to stick it out.

vvhorus's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by orchunter88 Go to original post
    Second of all, can someone check what kind of loot table the "Ripper" named enemy is at, or if hes even a named enemy at all, or just a normal enemy with a name? Because hes the only "named enemy" in missions, incapable of dropping phoenix credits or any items higher, than standard green. I would check myself, but i do not have a working PC at the moment.
    Most likely (this is only speculation on my part) Ripper has a fixed loot table because Massive probably didn't count on players doing what you did. Usually players leave Brooklyn at around levels 3-5, and at those levels enemies only drop greens. That would also explain why he doesn't drop phoenix credits. You don't need them in Brooklyn, so he wasn't assigned a PC reward...

I am speechless.

good job, it would be cool if they open this mission in one of updates I always liked this mission. actually it would be cool if we could do a lot of the other side missions especially the underground one. my last character that I leveled I tried using survival to level up i realized after one attempt it at level 5 the exp gained would barely get you to another level even getting master level xp. rewards were only 163 gear that was sold to buy current level gear. the time spent was not really worth it but the funds were really nice to buy gear while leveling.

Well, if Orc creates an alt, he can pass on all his gear to his second toon. Then, one alt heads for Manhattan. The remaining one can be the King of Brooklyn (which is a variation of the King of NY). And, now the $64,000,000 question: Can one alt pass GS 256 item to his doppelganger in Brooklyn using the stash container? That could be a paradox.

There is no stash in Brooklyn. I already checked it many times. I even made a video to show you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM1Ogi9ez7s

Awesome job mate.

Hurrah! Another Brooklyn 30 player! Reached it around this time last year, but a lot has changed since then in terms of high end/gear set acquisition.

Here's my video from when I first accomplished it. Took around 4-5 days all up. Kill XP gear is a massive timesaver.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eys8BkfwVA

He is hard coded to drop a standard green item at your level; He will never drop anything else except maybe materials.

Are you a PC or console player? If you're on PC, perhaps we could run some PS together. More players, more enemies, more XP, faster field caches.