Thread: The Official Song Request Discussion Thread | Forums

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    ^That^ guitar sounds a lot like Loverboy - Working for the Weekend.

infocat1's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    Bay Area represent! This is the song I generally warm up with when I play at home, and I think it's terribly underrated -- people forget how much interesting guitar is in here. Also, that's Steve Lukather on guitar, as he cowrote the song.

And yes, even I put in requests via the request page.
    See, isn't this a good idea for a thread? Based on this post I just requested this song, and threw in "She's a Beauty" for good measure. Got your back, Dan!

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member

One genre that Rocksmith is sorely lacking in is jazz rock.

I encourage all bassists to listen to the last video in particular.

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    We could reeeeeallly use another Mastodon pack. They have a lot of material out there and are still carrying the metal torch in 2017.

^^ mind-blowing guitar solo.

Warmup Scales

I'm not really sure where to put this, but this seems like the best place.

I know there are some good Guitarcade minigames to help with scales, but in all honesty they are not very good to actually do warmups or practice. You need to be able to mess up and continue on, which simply isn't possible in the minigames. I would really like to see some warmup scales (I usually play the bass, so I'd especially like to see it there) in the same format that we see the regular songs. Being able to use the Riff Repeater and practice some difficult warmups would be tremendously helpful for that fretboard fitness that I'm so sorely lacking.

The Bachsmith stuff is great - and I use it to help with some of the fingering exercises that aren't possible anywhere else (the Bach piece in particular is about as close to a warmup as I have found), but an official warmup series that works like actual songs would help make me a better player and, I think, make it more approachable than the guitarcade, which feels like an examination.

So, you can see why I couldn't really put this into the "Song Request" form, but if this is the wrong place please accept my apologies in advance.

Best,
    J

Page 9 of 9 ◄◄  First ... 789