Thread: The Official Song Request Discussion Thread | Forums

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith ComDev

The Official Song Request Discussion Thread

Hey everybody. Some of our newer forum members may not know this, but this forum was once a cesspool of derailed discussions, where nearly every thread devolved into "Yeah, you should get this band" or "Why isn't this song in the game yet?" It was terrible for everyone -- the mods couldn't promote actual discussion, people's questions went unanswered, and nobody wanted to actually chat about anything else. So once the request app (now the request page on rocksmith.com) was put into place, a rule was created that there would be no DLC requests in threads. If a discussion devolved into DLC requests, it was locked. That was way back in 2012! And you know what? People started talking about the game again, and questions got answered. It did its job; the flowers bloomed once the weeds were pulled.

Of course, people still want to, you know, talk about music here, which is only natural -- and some people specifically want to discuss request ideas so they can compare their experiences and inspirations. And sometimes the line between music discussion and DLC requests is hard to determine. Our mods use their best judgment but it won't always match how the users see things. This has caused...drama. I do not like drama. But I also don't want the garden to get overgrown again.

So this is our middle ground -- literally, this thread is like a DMZ! We're going to try this thread as a place for open discussion about songs you'd like to see in the game or the request process itself (even though this process is very well documented with its own FAQ here in the forums, so please read that). On one side of the DMZ is the normal forum; on the other, the request page. At any time, you can leave this middle ground and go to either side to commit to requesting songs or engage in standard discussion. But here, you can discuss DLC requests and wishes and not worry about it being removed.

Please understand, however, that requests discussed here do not get tallied or counted by anyone at all. You still need to use the actual request page if you want to make a request to the music team. This is just for discussion, not for suggestion.

There's something similar over on Steam, which ubivertigo has noted has worked very well, so I think it's worth trying here. The other rules apply, though -- if threads outside of this one go astray and start getting into DLC request territory, they're going to be closed.

Serious thanks to the users who are willing to give this a shot, and to our moderators who constantly try to make this forum a good place to hang out.

Let's give it a try, okay?
     4 people found this helpful

Drumming up support

Excellent compromise, Dan.

I have requested, and patiently await, Robin Trower. If there are any of you out there sitting on the fence about this artist please add your requests, too.

thequickmind's Avatar Member
    This is a good compromise. Thank you Dan and team.

I requested a bunch of stuff when the new Request App launched, but right now I can't remember what I requested. I know some Iron Maiden was in there. But in honor of this thread, here are some new requests. Looks like the app is working because it recognizes some songs I've requested before. Without Face is a progressive death metal band that is not defunct. Some members went on to form To-mera, who is another really great progressive metal band. I think ******** Surfers' album Independent Worm Saloon is great, and I've requested many of the songs from it. The new 80s pack got me thinking of The Church, so I thought I'd request some of their songs. Reptile is such a great song. Finally some Matthew Sweet singles. I've been listening to 100% Fun a lot lately. Great power pop album.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Wow it's like I'm back on scorehero

infocat1's Avatar Senior Member
    This makes me happy.

SeattleSauve's Avatar Senior Member
    Ok, can we agree that Metallica, GnR, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Tool, Sabbath, AC/DC and The Eagles are all ones that UBI knows about so we can talk about other bands?

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Hello my name is toymachine and I want you to listen to Dax Riggs

acid bath might be hard to license since Dax Riggs seems to hate having it on YouTube or Spotify

if you agree http://bit.ly/rsreq

a Jazz standards pack from the Great American Songbook would be neat; might be able to do arrangements in-house a la Bachsmith.

thequickmind's Avatar Member
    I would love to see some Acid Bath or deadboy and the elephantmen. Gonna go request some Acid Bath now.

ghmorello's Avatar Senior Member
    With RATM getting 7 songs, I can say that my #1 request right now is either Rammstein and Bring Me The Horizon.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►