Thread: Parry even though guard is too slow? | Forums

Parry even though guard is too slow?

Hey guys, can anyone tell me if guard switching speed is important when it comes to parrying attacks?

Can I still parry if I press in the same direction of the incoming attack even though my guard would technically be too slow to block it?

Uhm, you know how parry works? It is a Heavy Attack in the correct moment, and it has to be on the mirroring guard-stance the Attack is coming from. So no, if you switch too late you wont do a parry.

Ok ya, I've heard you can still parry quick lights with the right reactions, even though your guard stance doesn't follow.

Just making sure if that was true or not. Guess not.
    Last edited by Nickeloneon; 05-19-2017 at 06:48 PM.

I believe you can actually. I hear the pro streamers saying you can beat your guard stance by going for the parry. I guess this is because there is no guard stance delay on attacks.
     1 people found this helpful

You can parry warden's top light with raider even if you're not in top stance if you're fast enough. Guard switch speed doesn't affect parries.
     2 people found this helpful

Ahhh ok, That's great news! Thx guys!

It's possible:
    https://youtu.be/qoeP8H1pgTQ
    Granted the above is a very extreme and maybe a special case. It's also possible in more normal circumstances.

Blocking is affected by stance switch speed, parry is not.