Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Things we'd love to see in the game. | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by HorTyS View Post
    Being able to set a way point and get in the passenger side of a car and have an ally drive to the waypoint would be pretty cool.

Crafting breakable weapons in a modern context doesn't really make as much sense but if the brought back weapon jamming I guess that is sort of similar in a way...

Wolverines could be the game's exotic animal I guess... we have regular badgers in Montana, but they should make wolverines the big new pain in the @$$, hahaha also look forward to hunting down a moose with the compound bow!!
    i've looked at wikipedia's wildlife concerning Montana and the wolverine is there. ^^

Far Cry 3 Elite Member Viragoxv535's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angstik View Post
    i've looked at wikipedia's wildlife concerning Montana and the wolverine is there. ^^
    They're a mix between a badger and a bear. Also very brave https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ4tyowlVUM

Quote Originally Posted by Viragoxv535 View Post
    They're a mix between a badger and a bear. Also very brave https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ4tyowlVUM
    Oh I know what a wolverine is. Actually, since I'm a biologist specified in zoology, I'd be ashamed not to know what it is. ^^ (yeah, now you know why I care so much about wildlife).
    My research lab at the national museum is near a zoo where we've got some europoean wolverines. Smaller than their american counterparts yet pretty ferocious.

Quote Originally Posted by angstik View Post
    Oh I know what a wolverine is. Actually, since I'm a biologist specified in zoology, I'd be ashamed not to know what it is. ^^ (yeah, now you know why I care so much about wildlife).
    My research lab at the national museum is near a zoo where we've got some europoean wolverines. Smaller than their american counterparts yet pretty ferocious.
    Your career certainly does give better context to your adamant desire for varied wildlife. I am not as bothered about it because new animals wouldn't really change much, we'd still just hunt/ be hunted by them and skin them for crafting.... this animal or that being or not being there wouldn't change to much about the gameplay itself so thats why i was as dismissive as i was about it. I will say antelope & moose being there would be new, but not necessarily with new animation skeletons (though maybe for the moose with their very tall long legs, longer than an elk's would be).

But am i right or am i right that the wolverine should be the new "dreaded encounter" you have in the wild? Seeing as how one guy in the promo art clearly has a trained wolf I wonder if stuff like that will affect the gameplay in some way. I don't want Primal like animal taming, but maybe he's an underboss who'll use animals against us or somethin'....

Clearly the crossed wolf will have its role. I wonder if we'll have to kill it, or make a choice (like DePleur in FC4).

Maybe that's also a way to show that "wild" side is still there, since we could have easily understood that they gave up on it after seeing such artwork.

Mature Content Filter

to reduce or remove mature content such as language, violence, nudity.

Games from Treyarch has this.

You could be better by giving us separate options for the different categories of mature content.

Language includes mild profanity too. If you don't know what they are you could go to ESRB and look at Rating Summary for E rated games with language as a Content Descriptors.

Don't replace words in subtitles the way posts below do (which might get removed since they are working around the forum's language filter)
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...1#post12664471
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...6#post12664716
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...1#post12643369
    So don't use similar looking symbols to replace letters. For example #!+ for hit. Or have some letter of the word stay. For example h-- and h-t for hit.

Same with the audio. Remove the word completely. Don't leave part of the beginning or the end.

Don't replace the word with a similar sounding word in a unnatural ways.
    http://ytcropper.com/cropped/9k592623c310f00

Something is better than nothing. If you can't or don't want to do this, the least you could do is have the option that just mutes the F-word.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzgw View Post
    to reduce or remove mature content such as language, violence, nudity.
    Or ya know, you could just, not buy M rated games that feature mature content. If you want a game with the content of an E rated game, buy an E rated game. I'll never understand the flawed ideology that playing a game where you shoot someone in the face is perfectly acceptable but if an NPC says $#!+ after you do it, that isn't.... or god forbid you see a boob at some point on your 96 victim killing spree....
    Last edited by HorTyS; Today at 04:56 AM.
     1 people found this helpful

Quote Originally Posted by HorTyS View Post
    Or ya know, you could just, not buy M rated games that feature mature content. If you want a game with the content of an E rated game, buy an E rated game. I'll never understand the flawed ideology that playing a game where you shoot someone in the face is perfectly acceptable but if an NPC says $#!+ after you do it, that isn't.... or god forbid you see a boob at some point on your 96 victim killing spree....
    Most of our modern day blockbusters in terms of videogames are rated M/PEGI 18. These are meant to treat mature themes. That's kinda weird to buy a game where your main goal is to kill life forms, and want it to clean of any blood splatters/other gruesome details.

Weirdest thing I ever saw was a complaint about Metro Last Light asking the devs to remove a scorpion like creature of the game called "spiders" because the people asking couldn't stand watching such creature. At one point, it becomes truly annoying.
     1 people found this helpful

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567