Thread: Things we'd love to see in the game. | Forums

A more expansive armory with greater customization (as in GR Wildlands).

I want to see a mystical Jungle Trip in South America with aztecs, rebels, mercenarys .. Blackhawks, Apache Helicopters, laserguided airstrikes,....
    A mixture of FAR CRY 2, FAR CRY 3, FAR CRY 4 ....in South America.
    Ghost Recon Wildlands as a First Person Shooter.
    And some freaky mystical aztecs missions like Shangri La.

But i think that won't happen.
     1 people found this helpful

HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Anorexic_Buddah Go to original post
    I also liked the player speed beena little faster than normal when running and swimming, made me feel like a modern day Far Cry Instincts Predator if that is at all possible.
    I also LOVED that there was NO FALL DAMAGE! I wouldn't want it to go that far in a regular FC game, but I really hope they DOUBLE the fall damage height threshold in these games. We should be able to fall more than 3 feet before taking damage, it makes exploring more fun to just run & jump off stuff when you're not quite as worried you'll die if you jump off a 8 foot drop...

Lots of Immiersion!!!

Things I loved about FAR CRY 3-4... the combat and the world design. But FAR CRY 2???? I loved the fact that you had an actual map you used to get around instead of a pause\map screen. Also the guns breaking down was really nice but happened abit too fast IMO. Finally the malaria thing. The idea of having a dependant use of something (the pills) to stay alive, (apart from getting shot) was awesome. The only problem is that it happened to fast.

In this new game having that same map and a compass would be cool, plus having to stay alive with food and water would be cool. Not keeping up to date with your health would be less punishing and more managable as it doesn't kill you right away (like the malaria). Unlike having to trade for pills, you would need to just explore to find water and hunt to find food (which is already kind of touched on in far cry games now). If the rumours are true and its set as a western then these things really are needed in a game about surviving the frontier (camping, hunting etc)

Originally Posted by EdEddnED-E Go to original post
    Lots of Immiersion!!!

Things I loved about FAR CRY 3-4... the combat and the world design. But FAR CRY 2???? I loved the fact that you had an actual map you used to get around instead of a pause\map screen. Also the guns breaking down was really nice but happened abit too fast IMO. Finally the malaria thing. The idea of having a dependant use of something (the pills) to stay alive, (apart from getting shot) was awesome. The only problem is that it happened to fast.

In this new game having that same map and a compass would be cool, plus having to stay alive with food and water would be cool. Not keeping up to date with your health would be less punishing and more managable as it doesn't kill you right away (like the malaria). Unlike having to trade for pills, you would need to just explore to find water and hunt to find food (which is already kind of touched on in far cry games now). If the rumours are true and its set as a western then these things really are needed in a game about surviving the frontier (camping, hunting etc)
    Its looking more & more like the game is a fictionalized modern day Montana-esque setting actually, but i suppose you could still use the hunting mechanic... I grew up eating primarily elk/deer/antelope meats...

Ubi-MoshiMoshi's Avatar Community Representative
    Thanks for all your feedback, stayed tuned for more information

Ubisoft, weapons misfiring or jamming happened too often in FC2 but I liked that it added another variable to combat and an unexpected challenge you suddenly had to overcome. I'd like to see this return.

A little bit better enemy detection AI, with lighting and visibility taken into consideration.... An upgraded graphics engine on the level of GRW.... Lots of attention to details on how vehicles feel and so on (I loved the rickety feel of the FC3 jeeps, the vehicles in 4 feel bland by comparison).... Upgrades to the player's interaction with the environment and animals, already probably the best in FC3-4-Primal over any other games I've played, but keep finding new things to add and add in abilities you'd have in the real world (like shooting from vehicles was added in FC4 - an obvious thing you'd do if someone was shooting at you, but you were incapable in FC3)... upgraded non-enemy NPCs - again, they are already pretty damn good (much better than, say, GRW), but there's always room to make them behave more realistically. Litle stuff....

And yes, WORKING co-op.

Little additions/ improvements I'd love to see:

- A fall damage threshold that if anything airs on the side of unrealistically high rather than laughably low
    - Arrows are not auto collected from bodies but instead when you loot the corpse
    - An almost entirely replaced arsenal of weapons rather than only a few additions, of which only a small percentage of are actually cool (FC4)
    - Ability to fire weapons whilst sliding
    - Reload animations that actually change after you buy the faster reload perk (assuming its an option again) not just the same animation 15% faster
    - Side missions with their own narrative arcs separate from the campaign (though maybe intertwined in some ways)
    - Wider variety of side activities
    - If there is a racing activity, it should be against other AI, not just timed checkpoints
    - Increased navigational options & abilities.
    - Even more types of takedowns!!

Originally Posted by HorTyS Go to original post
    Have any specific examples?
    I'll give a couple from FC4:
    When approaching an outpost (for example), using a silenced weapon (sniper rifle) from a concealed position at almost maximum range. If you miss a target or someone sees a body fall then instantly, instantly everyone in the outpost knows exactly where you are down to the millimeter (without being seen, no detection meters). I've tested this a number of times, deliberately missed, it sets off the guards and I then move around to the other side of the outpost and there is everyone gathered at the spot I just left, even if they never actually saw me. ps I know "silenced" isn't totally silent but from that range it certainly would be.
    There are other instances too where no one has actually seen me but again know exactly where I am after shooting with a silenced weapon.

Animal behavours:
    Some are excellent such as the cats squatting down and stalking you but others are just unrealistic. e.g. you're in the middle of a firefight, shots/explosions everywhere and some animal attacks you, seriously. That amount of noise will have any wild animal heading for the hills, and Rhino's that are actually attracted by explosions, I don't think so. (btw when seeing Rhinos I just toss a land mine at them, that sorts them out haha)
    And the Eagles, no Eagle will attack something 3-4 times it's size unless protecting a nest, maybe it's breeding season all year round in Kyrat? even in the Himalayas?
    Yaks, they are naturally placid by nature (but again can attack to protecting their young) with wild Yaks avoiding humans where possible or simply running away but not those in Kyrat, they are possessed by some demon or other and attack you for no apparent reason every time?

Climbing:
    The ability to climb small crests or hills (slightly steeper than the norm but not cliff faces if you get my meaning) and other small obstacles that in real life you would just step over (not actually jump) yet you simply can't do this unless with the actual climb function active on that location, or hitting the space bar to 'jump' over such as with small rises on a cave floor for example.

Spotting:
    The AI seems slightly off as all soldiers just know it's me even if they don't actually see me, example. driving a captured truck back to an outpost and soldiers behind me (can't actually see into the cab) yet start yelling out "it's ghale" x-ray vision or something. there are other instances where without actually seeing me they seem to know it's me?

I know some of those are to make the game more intense or harder but don't quite cut the realism stakes IMHO.