Thread: Rocksmith on iOS: General Questions & Answers | Forums

stray75's Avatar Senior Member
    Dan & Team - this is awesome and I'm looking forward to its release south of the border (Canadian border, that is).

One "pre" concern: I use my ipad today to hook up to a midi keyboard for piano instruction using another prominent app. The problem with it is that you can only get an hour or so of playtime in before the battery discharges and you have to plug it back in. The Camera / Lightening adapter you all recommend above does not allow simultaneous charging and guitar signal receipt. Do you have a suggestion for another item that do both allowing extended playtime?

Thanks for this!!!

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Spinner6969 Go to original post
    I find this a poor analogy, Microsft, Adobe give me licenses that allow me to use the software on more than one computer, at the moment the "free" ipad Rocksmith will cost me some where around $500 and I don't use cdlc because I belive artists do need to pay - I could use my copy of a cd in more than one machine
    You could get a cheapish Windows Tablet. Steam allows you to run both Rocksmith and your DLC on both Windows and Mac (but not iOS). I have a 1 year tablet that cost around £200. It's not fast, but it runs Rocksmith alright.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith ComDev
    Originally Posted by stray75 Go to original post
    Dan & Team - this is awesome and I'm looking forward to its release south of the border (Canadian border, that is).

One "pre" concern: I use my ipad today to hook up to a midi keyboard for piano instruction using another prominent app. The problem with it is that you can only get an hour or so of playtime in before the battery discharges and you have to plug it back in. The Camera / Lightening adapter you all recommend above does not allow simultaneous charging and guitar signal receipt. Do you have a suggestion for another item that do both allowing extended playtime?

Thanks for this!!!
    Our tech lead here wonders if something like this might work for you.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    http://theriffrepeater.com/video-lis...ksmith-canada/

If you want to hear the songs Elison has posted videos

TuftyMcTavish's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by stray75 Go to original post
    The Camera / Lightening adapter you all recommend above does not allow simultaneous charging and guitar signal receipt.
    Is that the USB2 adapter that has a single input? I picked up the newer USB3 Camera Adapter which has both USB and Lightning adapters on the bottom, allowing power and a USB cable. I was thinking that would solve that particular problem. Though I have yet to try it as I don't live in Canada.

Dan & Tuffy - Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to give this one a try. We'll see how it goes!

Question on the new RS for Ipad:

Is there a Mission System included?

No, it's just Learn A Song and Lessons

Any plan to make it available for AppleTV? Maybe using remote mic? (don't know if we can usb the usb port on the appletv)