Thread: Shortcuts in pvp | Forums

  1. #11
    shortcuts is a part of the game --- it's even encouraged by troy in story mode.

    so instead of complaining about it, why not learn it?
    Share this post

  2. #12
    Originally Posted by CSP_Mork Go to original post
    shortcuts is a part of the game --- it's even encouraged by troy in story mode.

    so instead of complaining about it, why not learn it?
    your not listening shortcuts are fine but if there is a fence, wall there and they have to use BoT it's not a shortcut.
    Share this post

  3. #13
    Originally Posted by Ziltoid Racer Go to original post
    your not listening shortcuts are fine but if there is a fence, wall there and they have to use BoT it's not a shortcut.
    You're the only one talking about abusing BOT exploits. Thread creator and the others answering him are talking about regular cuts.

    That said, I'm with you. Regular shortcuts are fine even if there's some absurd ones in certain events that literally cut time to finish in half. Its there by design, if you refuse to learn/take them, its your loss.

    The line is drawn when people jump off road at ludicrous speeds and use BOT to continue up ahead at speed. That is exploiting and in my opinion totally fair to complain about.

    As you said in another post, Back On Track should place the driver back where he went off the road (or even further back as a penalty), not at the nearest road when they decide to hit the BOT button.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #14
    Originally Posted by LarsOP Go to original post
    You're the only one talking about abusing BOT exploits. Thread creator and the others answering him are talking about regular cuts.

    That said, I'm with you. Regular shortcuts are fine even if there's some absurd ones in certain events that literally cut time to finish in half. Its there by design, if you refuse to learn/take them, its your loss.

    The line is drawn when people jump off road at ludicrous speeds and use BOT to continue up ahead at speed. That is exploiting and in my opinion totally fair to complain about.

    As you said in another post, Back On Track should place the driver back where he went off the road (or even further back as a penalty), not at the nearest road when they decide to hit the BOT button.
    I maybe the only one talking abuse but the ones doing it shout it's a shortcut and they are allowed so here i am talking about it in a shortcuts thread.

    Thanks for the agreement on what i am talking about ...
    Share this post

  5. #15
    P6tu's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    567
    This is an open world game - shortcuts are OK. But as previously mentioned,those BOT shortcuts are for noobs and losers...
    I'm not so good on the game mechanics and etc, but I think it can be solved easely by penalting for every BOT. If a player uses BOT (like in missions), they get a penalty (let's say - 30 seconds). Would make things much more interesting and if you skid off the road with C spec, then it is up to you, if you try to get back on the road or use the BOT. I avoid BOT at any cost and I lose quite a lot because of it, but at least it is my choise and my fault - I am the one, who drove off the road.
    Now, speaking about this, it brings up another thing - ramming. There are players who ram at any cost. This can aslo be solved with a mechanic that already is in the game (damage meter). It would comprehend both side, but at least, it would not be a way to win. Also, it would encourage players to drive clean in any sense (not crashing into walls and trafic and etc.)
    Share this post

  6. #16
    Akorrr's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    981
    Originally Posted by P6tu Go to original post
    Now, speaking about this, it brings up another thing - ramming. There are players who ram at any cost. This can aslo be solved with a mechanic that already is in the game (damage meter). It would comprehend both side, but at least, it would not be a way to win. Also, it would encourage players to drive clean in any sense (not crashing into walls and trafic and etc.)
    Sorry for little offtop,
    I usually don't participate in such things, but since I've had a "pleaseure" to have one race with you - P6tu, you are a "good" example of mad rammer. Who constantly pick collision and ramming everything that moves.
    What is wrong with you? You can't drive clean, you ram, you use BOT everywhere, you use every possible glitch everywhere... I don't get you at all and here you complain about rammers

    Now, to topic. Yeah, shortcuts are fine in arcade racing game. It's indeed.

    With best regards, Akor
    Share this post