Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You Just Can't Win!!! snipe's Story:) | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    Well! Last night which was Friday night to me I joined a well known and respected clan server to which I was greeted warmly. I said the usual hello's to everyone and quickly looked at the map being displayed in the player set-up screen and saw that it was D06 Spectre Wind. Now this server was full of the clan members with about 8 outsiders including myself which totalled about 19 players.

Being a rather good clan I decided to select OICW no GL for this large map as I rarely use the OICW but wanted a decent zoom and stopping power. The game play was Siege and as you would expect the game started and I was on defence. I always clear the insertion zone real quick and make for cover, just as well I did because a barrage of Nads came towards the smoke from the heavens and found there mark.

Killed all but three of us so I made my way to the tin sheds on the higher ground where you have to collect the maps in the mission for the same map. Having just reached there I managed to eliminate 3 and then took out another down on the lower part of the map amongst the other tin sheds. At this stage another team member was killed leaving only the host and myself to continue defending the smoke.

Anyway the host was closer to the house defending and was in a bit of trouble so I managed to return to the house and sort out a further two and relieve some pressure from the host. Next all I could read was chat messages "CHECK MAP...CHECK MAP..." and I was running all over the hill trying to defend the position as he was just lying prone and yelling on the chat.

I managed to down another but he ended my live at the same time and left the host now to sort out the remainder of the threat. He downed two more but bit the bullet himself after that and the base was taken within about 5 seconds of him dying.

Once we were in the after action screen everyone is going "gg" but the host let rip on me for not using my sensors. I replied buy saying that "I don't use sensors" when another tongue lashing came my way saying well you were carrying them use the @$#%*^$ things. I calmly replied saying yes I know I had them on me but I do not use them during game play I prefer to rely on my own skill and eyes. Well! You guessed it another vocal thrashing headed my way and was told in no uncertain words that there part of the game and if your going to carry the @$#%*^$ use them.

With that I said ok if that's the rule of this server then I guess I can use them and continued gaming laughing and thinking you can't win no matter where you go or what you do. It's a mixed bag with servers because some allow them other don't, while some don't use explosives and others do. What makes me laugh is that I got a bollixing for playing the game how I wanted too and for the first time ever abused for not using sensors so go figure!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    Well! Last night which was Friday night to me I joined a well known and respected clan server to which I was greeted warmly. I said the usual hello's to everyone and quickly looked at the map being displayed in the player set-up screen and saw that it was D06 Spectre Wind. Now this server was full of the clan members with about 8 outsiders including myself which totalled about 19 players.

Being a rather good clan I decided to select OICW no GL for this large map as I rarely use the OICW but wanted a decent zoom and stopping power. The game play was Siege and as you would expect the game started and I was on defence. I always clear the insertion zone real quick and make for cover, just as well I did because a barrage of Nads came towards the smoke from the heavens and found there mark.

Killed all but three of us so I made my way to the tin sheds on the higher ground where you have to collect the maps in the mission for the same map. Having just reached there I managed to eliminate 3 and then took out another down on the lower part of the map amongst the other tin sheds. At this stage another team member was killed leaving only the host and myself to continue defending the smoke.

Anyway the host was closer to the house defending and was in a bit of trouble so I managed to return to the house and sort out a further two and relieve some pressure from the host. Next all I could read was chat messages "CHECK MAP...CHECK MAP..." and I was running all over the hill trying to defend the position as he was just lying prone and yelling on the chat.

I managed to down another but he ended my live at the same time and left the host now to sort out the remainder of the threat. He downed two more but bit the bullet himself after that and the base was taken within about 5 seconds of him dying.

Once we were in the after action screen everyone is going "gg" but the host let rip on me for not using my sensors. I replied buy saying that "I don't use sensors" when another tongue lashing came my way saying well you were carrying them use the @$#%*^$ things. I calmly replied saying yes I know I had them on me but I do not use them during game play I prefer to rely on my own skill and eyes. Well! You guessed it another vocal thrashing headed my way and was told in no uncertain words that there part of the game and if your going to carry the @$#%*^$ use them.

With that I said ok if that's the rule of this server then I guess I can use them and continued gaming laughing and thinking you can't win no matter where you go or what you do. It's a mixed bag with servers because some allow them other don't, while some don't use explosives and others do. What makes me laugh is that I got a bollixing for playing the game how I wanted too and for the first time ever abused for not using sensors so go figure!!!!!

XyZspineZyX
    That's odd. I've been in plenty of MP games and not used the sensors and not been scolded...

<LEFT> <LEFT>

Don't try to run away - you'll only die tired.

XyZspineZyX
    BuckoM I couldn't believe it as I too have never been told in no uncertain terms to use them if you carry sensors. I mean dang there I was saving his bacon and he's slacking laying prone then give me a going over like that sheeesh[img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif[/img]

XyZspineZyX
    Ah yes... you have much too learn my young apprentice.

The proper way to deal with a situation such as this is:

1. Hit the num pad enter key
    2. Type: toggleinsertsensorintoplatoonleadersbottom (make sure you type it correctly, no spaces)

Subtle, but you'll get your point across [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif[/img]

Almost forgot, I like to follow that command up with

toggleshowpainrate

Just the sadistic side of me I suppose... good for a laugh though [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img]

<font size=-2>One more post towards "Veteran" [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif[/img]
    <font color="FFFF00">I would like to introduce my favourite little emoticon I call her Pac Min. Yer, she has a problem keeping her mouth closed, but I wouldn`t have it any other way...</font>
    <font size=-2 color="97C9FF">Disclaimer:
    Please be advised that the above post may contain traces of humor. If you suffer any adverse reactions to humor, stay calm, elevate any areas of swelling and/or ulcerations and promptly call the poisons information line...
    </Font>

Message Edited on 09/06/0306:50PM by digger69

XyZspineZyX
    digger69 wrote:Hit the num pad enter key
    - 2. Type: toggleinsertsensorintoplatoonleadersbottom
    - (make sure you type it correctly, no spaces)

LMAO digger. During an mp game once, I too was carrying them. I was told at a particular point to use them, which I did to good effect. In the AAR there was no thanks offered but I am positive I would have been scolded if I had not used them. You're right, you just can't win. Why do I even get out of bed? It's the same ol' crap, different day. Sheesh. Ok, I'm over it, [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img]

XyZspineZyX
    I don't understand that! Why some people think they have rights to tell someone else to do what they want to do? I like team-play and I'm ready to listen commands but in this case I would not go with that. I'm sorry if I'm missing point or if somebody is not agree with me but that is also OK. I just wish to see more polite people around instead of some rude folks. This game is here because of FUN in first place. It would be nice if some guys finally can to discover it!

Have a nice time!

For Serbia and Honor!
    63. Paratroop Brigade.

XyZspineZyX
    Sounds like people who just like yelling at others.

<center><b/>I have the fifth freedom... So watch out here I come.

<font color=ff0000>http://dmoz.org/Games/Video_Games/Sh...Splinter_Cell/
    Josh Horne a forum legend [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img] [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img] j/k
    <marquee width="500"><font color=0099FF>Highbie, Elite Ops, Third Echelon Operative, bold thinker, Over 2000 postings, Chatter, Thread Maven, Citizen of D'ni, Veteran, F-15 Pilot, Supervillan, Abgesandter der Maya (1500+) (more disbatched of the Maya), Echter IL-2 Fan , GR Hunting Club, Baron Noir, Egal à Sam, Numéro II, I am the LAW, Virus... (happened at 6:34PM EST on September/06/2003)[img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif[/img]
    <font color=ff0000>Respect List: NSAagent, S7N, WinsK, SKULLS, Sangsta, Troy(where ever he is), Usa320, Rohan.com,Bergeyman, NightCrawlerEvo, DCell, AgentXBOX, Martin Caya</marquee>
    <center>
    <select name="menu" onChange="window.location = this.options[this.selectedIndex].value" style="background-color: rgb[191,191,191); height:10px; width:165px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10"><option>Links</option><option>------------------</option><option value="http://www.ubi.com/US/CommunityZone/Forums/guidelines" target="blank">Forum Guidelines</option><option value="http://www.splintercellsource.com">SC Source</option><option value="http://www.splintercellhq.com" target="blank">Splinter Cell HQ</option><option value="http://www.pcsource.thesourcenetwork.com.com" target="blank">PC Source</option> <option value="http://www.ebgames.com" Target="blank">EB Games</option><option value="http://www.gamestop.com" target="blank">Gamestop</option><option value="http://www.ghostrecon.com" target="blank">Ghost Recon</option><option value="http://www.splintercell.com" target="blank">Splinter Cell</option> </select><font color="black"><font color=ff0000>
    <center>MEMBER OF PITTBULLS MAFIOSO

XyZspineZyX
    Personally, I can't stand sensors - I think they're used as substitutes for our own eyes and ears. Our server generally has "No Sensors" set.

Man, one tongue-lashing like that and I'd leave them to their sorry selves. You clearly outplay them.

XyZspineZyX
    oh, snipe...all you do is whine...suck it up...[img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif[/img]

<font face="engravers mt" size="0" color="550000">-Matt
    <center>
    <font face="century gothic" size="0" color="001100">I want my dreamcast back</center>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast