Originally Posted by peteer01 Go to original post
    4/26 Proactively sent support DxDiag.txt
    5/3 Send first Windows Error Reporting file after requested by support
    5/15 Support asks for DxDiag.txt and Windows Error Reporting files. (I create new versions of each and upload)

No reply since then...

More than a month and a half with a non-working game now. Hope this helps other people with avoid the same experience.

The last time Steam made me wait for a response, they proactively gave me a game from my wishlist without me even complaining.
    My record is 2 months without any kind of response.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Dolgothir Go to original post
    Expect a LONG wait or no help at all. Worst support in this business. Best thing you can do is find a solution elsewhere or get you money back, move on and never look back at this company again.
    Originally Posted by traves1979 Go to original post
    9 months for me and they have are an absolute joke. No money back offer. I have never even been able to play the damn game I bought.
    No response. At all. UbiChrisMANG is the only person I've dealt with that has actively replied.

After many form letters, no game code exchange, no fix, nothing.

Ubisoft's customer support is appallingly bad. After several hours over multiple weeks of doing everything requested multiple times and bending over backwards to provide meaningful files for troubleshooting, no genuine thank you, no genuine apology, and no attempt to rectify my specific issue.

I hope this forum helps others avoid the same issues.

UbiChrisMANG's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi peteer01! I just reached out to Support to ask for an update and instructions for what's next in the process. I will private message you when I hear back from them.

Originally Posted by UbiChrisMANG Go to original post
    Hi peteer01! I just reached out to Support to ask for an update and instructions for what's next in the process. I will private message you when I hear back from them.
    ↑ Ubisoft, take note. ↑
    I didn't even reach out to UbiChrisMANG. I'm an angry, frustrated consumer that your support team has disenfranchised. This one dude puts up with the legitimately and illegitimately angry and frustrated day after day here (and your support team does him no favors), and he still feels like the only dude at Ubisoft who cares.

Empower your support team to actually turn angry consumers into customers.

Your current support team responses (and lack thereof) smack of frustrated team of unempowered, underskilled support that spend their days choosing the right form letter and hitting arbitrary support metrics. I've gone from being someone who considered Uplay, to someone who would consider a Ubisoft game on Steam (where I know I can get great support), to someone who really doesn't want to buy a game with the name Ubisoft on it now.

I'm not sure how expensive empowering your support team is, but I can assure you that if you maintain the status quo, that will be more expensive for you in the long run.

UbiChrisMANG was able to get support to give me a (non-form letter) reply:

I apologize for the delay, but after investigating the issue we have found that the issue is related to the processor you are running. The game was not made to run on server hardware and is not able to properly use the resources at it's disposal. There may be steps to get the game to run, but they are beyond what we can offer, as this is unsupported hardware.

I apologize for inconvenience please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
    "Server Hardware". That's an arbitrary statement. Yes. I have a 14-core Xeon v4 in my computer. It's a great processor that runs everything very well except For Honor. There is nothing about a Xeon processor that makes it incapable of running standard 32-bit or 64-bit code.

I have followed up with what I think is an exceedingly reasonable pair of requests (Requests so reasonable, they should have been proactively undertaken by support already):

Conor G,

If this game truly cannot run on Xeon processors, why is that not made clear in the hardware requirements?

This is not just a supported Intel processor, it is the latest model, and one of the most powerful CPUs available. For Honor is literally the only software program I have tried to run that fails.

I have two requests:

1. Please remove For Honor from my game library and provide recompense in its place.

2. Please clearly update the hardware requirements to explicitly clarify those server processors (all Xeon processors?) that are not supported.

the ubisoft support is an absolute joke I spoke to JohnG about a small issue about linking my account, he was at no help at all and wasted about 20 mins (mostly because he wasn't good at english)

Wow. My latest response is a doozy. Not even from the same person:

Thank you for contacting us here at Ubisoft customer support.

I apologize for this information not being readily available to you when you chose his game.

Regretfully I wish that the issue with the processor you are using was clarified to you at the time you were making this choice.

Given that this game was given through a 3rd party promotion, regrettably we cannot exchange this game out for another one.

If you have any further problems, questions, or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,
    Nicholas L.
    Ubisoft Support
    Let's go ahead and break down the two statements in his reply:

I apologize for this information not being readily available to you when you chose his game.

Regretfully I wish that the issue with the processor you are using was clarified to you at the time you were making this choice.
    If Ubisoft cares about this information having not been available 70 days ago, surely they would have had time to fix it by now. It's been more than two months since I got my game. If Ubisoft is aware of the issue, why not include that in the requirements?

Words without action are meaningless. Updating the requirements section of the game should not require more than a few hours. 70 days of no changes implies complacency in withholding this information. For someone who "regrets" what happened, nothing has been changed to prevent it from happening to others.

Given that this game was given through a 3rd party promotion, regrettably we cannot exchange this game out for another one.
    The argument being put forward is that this is not Ubisoft's promotion, so they bear no responsibility. If you visit the promotional page for this offer (http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10se...ldlands-bundle), you will see the Ubisoft logo, as well as "©2017 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. For Honor, Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries."

It seems very much that Ubisoft was an active participant in making sure Ubisoft games, playable only through Uplay, were the only option for this promotion.

Was able to play this game. Extremely disappointed, but have some feedback that may help others:

Changing core affinity in Task Manager will not work with For Honor
    Changing core affinity through command prompt (cmd) will not work with For Honor

What does work is running "msconfig", heading to Boot, selecting advanced options, selecting the number of processors, and setting this to 8 or less. More than 8 will cause the game to not work.

That means rebooting the machine twice every time I want to play this game, or turning off roughly half my CPU cores all the time.

When I finally did get For Honor working, I cannot use my Predator G-Sync monitor without manual steps....the game starts to load in windowed mode on the center screen (my 144Hz Gsync monitor) and then loads full screen on my 1080p LG monitor that is on my left. Every other game manages to load full screen on my primary screen just fine, but For Honor actually requires me to disconnect my left monitor to properly load full screen on my 2560x1440 gaming monitor and enjoy the higher resolution and G-sync.

For those who like the game, I'm glad you have a game you like...for me, the game was absolutely not worth these headaches, and I shocked at how awful Ubisoft has become.

I hope the advice on msconfig advanced boot options helps someone else. I'll be buying/playing non-Ubisoft games instead.