Thread: BFG, Gainwood, Pny??? | Forums

hi everyone,

In the next few months i am going to get a geforce 6800 ultra-E but which will be the best brand name to go for? there are so many.
    Do they perform different from each other? At the moment i own a PNY Geforce fx 5900U which i havnt had much trouble with.(so far)

Please help me!

p.s Are pny a good model???

hi everyone,

In the next few months i am going to get a geforce 6800 ultra-E but which will be the best brand name to go for? there are so many.
    Do they perform different from each other? At the moment i own a PNY Geforce fx 5900U which i havnt had much trouble with.(so far)

Please help me!

p.s Are pny a good model???

My PNY GF4 TI4600 is running great for the last 1 1/2 years.No OCing

Heroes are born when bullets fly, when the earth explodes, when cannons roar, WHEN TRUMPETS FADE

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Are pny a good model?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they are - at least the FX5900 I had about 6 months ago was. Great build quality, excellent HS & fan, not too noisy, and very, very stable. Downside - you lose one PCI slot, although that wasn't a problem for me.

I now have a Gainward FX5900 Ultra GS, which is every bit as good performance & stability-wise, and only takes up one slot (no PCIs lost). Also, it's a dual-fan job, but doesn't sound like it - surprisingly quiet. Downside - the cooling may not take much in the way of O/C'ing if that's your thang, but I'm not an O/C'er, so no big deal for me.

A.

Im not interested in O/C'ing either. i dont fancy paying â£500 for a gpu then fry it in a few months.

My PNY Geforce 5900U has been great but it does take up 2 slots which does'nt really bother me at the mo! and its quiet too

Out of all the brandnames will one of them outperform the others??

I definitly wait for the big games to
    come out. I bet they gonna change a lot
    to those cards.
    I run the ASUS fx5900U with no problems whatsoever. I even overclocked it.