Thread: Suggestion1. Suggestion for making TD a cover based game again: Add Stagger | Forums

1. Suggestion for making TD a cover based game again: Add Stagger

1. Add stagger to all weapons with specific values depending of the calibre/weapontype.
    The reason for this is: An LMG is meant to supress fire but as it is now with the insane DMG stacked cookie cutter builds and the fact they can deliver thier bullets with 900rpm with pinpoint accuracy while moving towards an LMG that hits with a 7.62 and outdamage it is the curse of the whole game, period.

Accuracy should be always penaliced when getting hit, no matter what caliber, the higher the caliber it also should make you stagger around. In PvE its already close to this and even there it need to be improved so the NPC´s are effected in the same way. So rather than just nerf it again on the shotgun give it to every weapon. This allone stops this CoD style chicken dance cookie cutter insanity. On top of it it opens finally the full spectrum of tactical gameplay that we all expected to have since start: Flanking, teargassing and assault, flashbanging, supressing, pushing back, retreat, support, using cover bonuses, penalizing "running wild in the open"

I will make specific suggestions in thier own thread to split it up and have a better overview of the discussions. I think its the best way to work it out sepratly and everyone give his bits and cents to it to make the best compromise out of it.

So this is my 1st suggestion

I'm not even going to read your threads. Just reporting SPAM.

if thats your way off beeing "constructive" head on....ill rteport you aswell since this is spamming you do...

Originally Posted by Zoolagg Go to original post
    if thats your way off beeing "constructive" head on....ill rteport you aswell since this is spamming you do...
    Do you seriously think it's fair that every thread on the page is yours and you're forcing threads off the front page?
    You want to report me and you are LITERALLY spamming the forum. lol

again, there is only 1 page so far , pts started to day and mym threats will be some where in other pages....thats the nautre of a frequently visited forum....

I can see why in PvP stagger is bad.
    In PvE, when I used to use explosive bullets on NPCs, I felt so powerful. I felt the power and recoil of my shots; my shots had weight behind them

Nothing like that feels like that in the division now.

Originally Posted by RushLoongHammer Go to original post
    I can see why in PvP stagger is bad.
    In PvE, when I used to use explosive bullets on NPCs, I felt so powerful. I felt the power and recoil of my shots; my shots had weight behind them

Nothing like that feels like that in the division now.
    well its bad only if you dont want use cover to not get hit but thats it all about I have the same feeling as you about PvE but this game needs to be the game as it was intended so this is the only way i see to make people take cover atm. Mayber there is another but thats why i started it to find a solution

Corrupt_be's Avatar Senior Member
    Nice try, but it won't fix cover vs no cover.

Not taking cover is mostly a side effect of:

• Using the cover mechanic is often to slow or unresponsive vs just holding an angle
    • High TTK compared to other shooters makes running around like a spastic more forgiving

I highly suggest for The Division 2 they look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's system. The FOV in ME:A is horrible when zooming, the sensitivity is weird (X/Y axis is different), but the concept of not having to press a button, being near instant and not messing with your responsiveness in reaction to the situation is quite good.

Originally Posted by Corrupt_be Go to original post
    Nice try, but it won't fix cover vs no cover.

Not taking cover is mostly a side effect of:

• Using the cover mechanic is often to slow or unresponsive vs just holding an angle
    • High TTK compared to other shooters makes running around like a spastic more forgiving

I highly suggest for The Division 2 they look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's system. The FOV in ME:A is horrible when zooming, the sensitivity is weird (X/Y axis is different), but the concept of not having to press a button, being near instant and not messing with your responsiveness in reaction to the situation is quite good.
    Yeah. MEA cover system is great. All automatic. And it never effects your aim or speed.

dont know about mass effect, should have a look at it. Anyway, disrupt/Aim penalty/stagger while beeing hit would fix this stupid RPM 2 second shootouts. Accuracy should be always penalized when getting hit