Thread: PSA! G-Force doesn't suck!! | Forums

Originally Posted by TheJohnNewton Go to original post
    I get the appeal of a quick one button solution but really, unless you have a floating bridge, once you re-tune a few times it's gets pretty easy and something every guitarist should learn and practice.
    No doubt. Hopefully one day I will learn to tune by ear, too, but it's not a matter of not knowing how to use a tuner.

I've never been one of the ones complaining and/or not buying DLC that wasn't in E standard.

My point was how much easier it made to to switch around tunings so quickly. When I'm switching to a song that has a different tuning, now, I punch up the tuning I want, strum the strings, and let it tune automatically while I find and load the song.

Another point where it comes in handy is that, I sometimes like to plug into my amp and warm up on the bits I already know of a song, before loading it in RS and being confronted with the whole thing. Knowing I've got tunings that RS's tuner agrees with, I can tell the G-Force to go to that tune, while I'm plugging in to my amp. Then, when I'm warmed up, I switch to the RS cable and breeze right through the tuning screen.

I'm still open to deciding I don't like the thing, and switching out to conventional tuners on this guitar, but I guess the thing that surprised me was that I was predisposed to hate it, and have ended up liking it- and it seems ready-made for Rocksmith.

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    It actually sounds really cool. Would be nice when I go on the road, can only take 1 guitar, and don't have my alternate tuned guitars to just pick up and play.

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Goooner1 Go to original post
    You can, I've got a custom tuning set to Eb drop Bb, I think it is, which seems to crop up on a regular basis in RS.
    I was thinking of a setting that tunes about 5 cents flat across every tuning, to mimic the RS precision tuner. That way, you could quickly "tune to the band" while playing RS, or tune to the tuner the rest of the time.

Gold_Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by The_Working_Man Go to original post
    I was thinking of a setting that tunes about 5 cents flat across every tuning, to mimic the RS precision tuner. That way, you could quickly "tune to the band" while playing RS, or tune to the tuner the rest of the time.
    You can do that. Wasn't there a way to calibrate the tuner in RS? I may be mistaken.