Thread: Ranking the Operators (Again) | Forums

Paragon Fury's Avatar Member

Ranking the Operators (Again)

So since we're almost to a new Season, we've gotten our mid-Season patch and our new Operators...how do the Operators stack up against each other? Have they balanced out a bit, or are we still looking at the same thing as before?
    For my personal opinion I'm going to be using then same kinds of tiers you find in fighting games; S (God Tier), A (Excellent), B (Good), C (Average), D (Below Average), F (Exceptionally poor or broken).
    While subjective of course, the variables I'm using to judge where on Operator ranks are; weapon effectiveness + ease of use, gadget effectiveness/usefulness, deployables, and situational viability (generally useful vs. only certain situations, viability on Objectives). I'm also assuming all Operators are being played by competent, skilled players, not newbs or scrubs.
    S (God Tier)

• Ashe
    • Hibana
    • Thatcher
    • Twitch
    • Jager
    • Valkyrie
    • Rook

A (Excellent) Tier

• Thermite
    • Glaz
    • Buck
    • Sledge
    • Mute
    • Bandit
    • Doc
    • Mira

B (Good) Tier

• Fuze (Without Shield)
    • Capitao
    • Smoke
    • Frost
    • Castle
    • Pulse

C (Average) Tier

• Kapkan
    • Caveria
    • Jackal
    • Montagne
    • Blackbeard

D (Below Average) Tier

• IQ
    • Echo

F Tier

• Tachanka
    • Blitz

Reasoning for some placements;

• Thermite - Hibana can open more and do it from a distance, putting her at less risk than Thermite. She also cannot be Bandit tricked.
    • Caveria - Noob stomper. Weapons tend to be underpowered vs. others, and she loses an exceptional amount of her power vs. coordinated teams.
    • Echo - Easily destroyed drone, neither weapon is terribly effective.
    • Glaz - Powerful since update, but still not good at playing OBJ as other Operators and is limited to a sniper rifle only.
    • IQ - Despite her recent buff, her weapons are still only equal to other Operators and her gadget is not useful enough to justify picking her.
    • Tachanka and Blitz - In a game all about mobility and peeking, man who must sit still to be effective is free kill. Blitz could rank higher, but broken hitbox and unreliable gadget make him feel if not actually be pretty useless.
    • Jackal - Not a BAD Operator, but not a cornerstone of the team nor as useful as some other options.

My opinion on Echo

I'd have placed Echo at B or C at least since his drone is not that hard to spot, but in the faster paced situations Echo can slow down all of that fast and aggressive pushing.
    I will agree with you and most of RB6 players on his weapon isn't that great and Echo IMO he's made for flanking/roaming for that he should have been a 2 or 3 speed ops, in roaming and flanking you don't really have to use a very powerful weapon in order to apply pressure on the other team, he can just run behind them pick them off and run out of there. Still I'd would have placed Echo at C.
    Great list btw.

Agreed

I must say that i agree on most of them, but, there are some of the operators that could have been different. For example echo. Im maining him, but thats mostly because he was the first dlc operator i really liked. As a "half-proleague player" he is pretty weak, and i agree he needs at least 2-2. Though i never think that that will happen, since ubisoft isnt known for doing changes that big. And also, echo is known to be lazy, so i doubt it will happen, but i really hope ubisoft would do it. I still think he is at the d, but as said, im doing really good with him, but as a camper. He is that i use like an attacker. I dont drone the whole round, but drone just to find them and take them down. He is for sure a roamer and need 2-2. Also iq i must agree. Yeah, she has good guns, but i dont feel they are so good, that you will pick her for that reason. Her lmg is good, but the ads time is just too slow. He's mp5 is in my opinion the best defender weapon and needs no buff at all.

Ubi-Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    You guys make some good points, we appreciate you sharing your feedback on these!