Rocksmith 2014 Guitar Challenge: Week 182 - Green Day - Wake Me Up When Sept.. [Lead]
1) A song and particular arrangement will be posted before Monday at 12:00pm (noon) PST every week.
2) There are four competitive categories. To foster a fair, fun, and competitive environment, players should self-select into the category that best describes their ability. It is recommended that players stay in the same division from week to week, until they feel ready to move up to the next division. Players are, however, free to play on whichever score attack difficulty they feel is appropriate given the song that has been selected for the week
Division I: A typical Division I player can pass substantially all on-disc songs at HSA difficulty, and can play most at 95%+ accuracy.
Division II: A typical Division II player sees HSA as their default difficulty, but will be unable to pass HSA for several of the most difficult songs, being forced to play MSA for the week.
Division III: A typical Division III player sees MSA as their default difficulty and can pass most on-disc songs at MSA difficulty. However, for easier songs a Division III player will often be able to play at HSA difficulty.
Division IV: A typical Division IV player is new to guitar and views ESA as their default difficulty, but for many songs may be able to play at MSA difficulty.
There will also be "honorable mentions" for score, note streak, videos, and expert score attack entries (these entries can be separate runs from the main competition entry).
3) Each participant is allowed to make a single entry in the division they have selected. All submissions for the main divisions should be in score attack, even for songs that are mastered. Expert score attack entries will not count towards the competition scoring.
4) Entries must be made by replying to the song thread with your score, accuracy, note streak, and Division in the title (this way we won't have to shift through post content). For example:
Div I - HSA 1,000,000 | 98% | 389 NS | Gold pick | Next: Kiss - Love Gun
Participants must list their song choice for the next week in their post. Failure to do so will result in being excluded from the draw.
5) Please only submit one result (difficulty + score + accuracy + note streak + strike) per song. If you play the song later in the week and do better, go to your original post and edit with the replacement score and pic.
6) To be entered in the competition you must submit a picture of the song results (stats screen showing score, percentage, and note streak). A single entry is required for the competition (with percentage, note streak and score from the same run). The winner will be determined as follows: entries are sorted by difficulty first, then accuracy, then score, note streak.
7) All entries must be in before Monday, so by 11:59 Sunday night (based on PST Time Zone or UTC-8 internationally)
8) We will rotate the responsibility of managing the next song and arrangement each week starting with Division IV, III, II, then I. Rinse and repeat.
9) The song manager for next week will be selected by a random draw. The winner in the selecting division will get 4 votes, second place gets 3 votes, third place gets 2 votes and all other entries get 1 vote each in the draw. Should there be no entries in the designated selecting division, the next division shall become the selecting division. The results of the draw will be posted to this thread at the end of the challenge. (Thanks to the efforts of Nyarlah) Repeat songs will not be included in the draw. Songs that have been played are "repeat' songs for 52 weeks. Entrants are encouraged to enter their song selection on (www.rocksmithchallenge.com) before the end of the current challenge. To enter your song selection go to 'challenge details' and manually type your song choice in the 'next song' column, or ask another forum member to do so in the main thread.
10) In the event that the song manager does not start a new thread by Monday at 12:00pm (noon) PST, a volunteer forum member will start the thread using the selected song as noted on*www.rocksmithchallenge.com. It is the responsibility of each player to watch the outcome (e.g. by looking at www.rocksmithchallenge.com) to see if they have won the draw and to assume the responsibilities of opening the new thread in that case.
11) The winner/song selector must PM rcole_sooner, Black_Widow9, or Mr_Shade after creating the Challenge Result thread, with the winners.
This week Division I selects the next song. Please include your song selection in your post and update your song selection at www.rocksmithchallenge.com.
Scoreboard: For it to work, your entry must be in your post title (use the 'go advanced' button to edit the title, see rule 4 for format). Given the new indicators in Rocksmith 2014, you may not be able to feed all criteria on the site.*
Monday: Most of the misses were probably from switching chords too early causing the last one to be missed, but some of them happened in the middle of runs of the same chord, which makes those misses seem unwarranted.
I tried again today and was finally able to FC it.
Edit : Div III - MSA 1,621,067 | 218 NS | 99.65% http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/784...temberends.jpg I stop here. I improved the parts I needed to work on but the note detection is too random. Until yesterday, it messed up few notes in aperggio ; today, it is also some chords ("in the middle of runs of the same chord" like qpliu said) I will reach 100% on this song when Rocksmith will agree to do a good job. Sometimes, it happens. Sometimes...
Original message : Div III - HSA 1,327,143 | 325 NS | 99.65% http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/601723greend3.png
I need to work more on the third section and some transitions (chords -> arpeggio & slide -> solo).
Fun song to play for low level guitarist like me (no hard chords, no bend, just 1 slide, and a fast but easy solo)... and great sound effects. It was a good choice.