Thread: AC Revelation - graphic problem | Forums

AC Revelation / AC III - shaky / flickering screen

After a long break I decided to return to the AC R. After installation I found this problem - shaking picture.

then I decided to upload AC III and I got the same problem.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Display Memory: 10181 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 4059 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

AC III is SOLVED,
    AC Revelation still is shaky.

I did couple things. What didn't work - running as administrator, change compatibility,disabling xbox game overlay and recording - Game DVR

What worked was - I uninstalled NVIDIA GeForce Expirence and NVIDIA 3D Vision driver (I did it in one go so I am not sure if 3D vision was important ).

AC Revelation - sort of solved.
    I have an old Window 7 system and I installed this game on this system. Now is everything ok. But I got there an old graphic driver and never had any recording software installed.

I am going to enjoy the game now... Sort of sad that new technology prevent us from using things that we like...

Locopells's Avatar AC Forum Mod
    Dunno about III, I I've had this problem with ACR, couldn't figure it out. Will try the NVIDIA thing. Might be enough to just disable it.

Thanks to strigoi1958 for the sig!

strigoi1958's Avatar Senior Member
    Well I'm glad you are able to play them again. I assume that you ran Uplay AND AcrSP.exe AND AC3SP.exe all as administrator. You need to set each game and Uplay as administrator... as much as I love win 10... the system is the first administrator and we are the second administrator and when it launched it caused lots of problems by blocking programs, games and applications

Other possible causes or fixes.

Overclocking can sometimes cause that effect, if you have an overclocked Cpu or Gpu it can cause problems with some games... luckily in the Nvidia coontrol panel, under help is "debug mode" which sets our Gpu speeds back to standard unttil we restart the pc... so easy to tell if an factory overclocked Gpu is a problem

ticking "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" in properties can sometimes work.

The last time I saw that problem in revelations it was caused by stereoscopic 3D but as you uninstalled the 3D driver that would have fixed it.

Drivers are changed and updated regularly so as they tweak performance to suit new games, there's always a risk they may affect an older game badly. Also, Nvidia's "clean install" option for the driver is not very good, bits of data are often left or overwritten and cause problems... best option, download wagnards DDU.exe (display driver uninstaller) it is light years ahead of anything nvidia does and everyone on the nvidia forum who has had problems, uses it.

I usually only install the graphics driver and Physx nothing else. Always custom install.

Geforce experience (in theory) is supposed to be a good thing... but it is not.

So it is good that you have uninstalled it also it now means you can adjust settings in games to get the best looking game for you, your gtx 970 is a really great card and will allow you to set games at ultra then change things until it looks right. (Ultra doesn't always mean best looking... usually it just means most damaging to performance). I used to just allow games to configure the settings themselves but now I really enjoy playing with settings to get the best possible look and performance balance.

Edit... I should have added

Delete the file systemdetection.dll (or rename it) and compatibility mode in win 10 usually works best set to win 98/me rather than win 7 or win xp.

Tks Locopells and strigoi1958
    I am glad that my old win7 32bit still works and performance of my cpu and my graphic card is just great. I am enjoying this game again. Love its music, story, climate. An old good game. Nowadays games are made only for money. I like WD2 v much but comparing to ACB, ACR, AC III and AC Black Flag...its not the same anymore.

I tried all this what u said about what I supposed to do but in my case it didn't work. AC III was ok after uninstalling GF Exp but ACR was still rubbish.
    Thank u for quick answer. I go back to game... I am going to suck every bit of it...
    Do u too love those puzzles in AC series?

I love the puzzles, the lock picking, crafting items, collectables and mini games.... AC games have so much included that there is always something brilliant for everyone.
    I think the picture puzzles in AC 2 got me hooked, then there is a door in Revelation (my favourite Ezio game) in AC3 there are the underground exit puzzles which were very good. Unity gave us the nostradamus enigma puzzles... plus the murder mysteries. The puzzles really add an extra element to the game... rather than just opening a door... we use our minds rather than our hidden blade.

Originally Posted by strigoi1958 Go to original post
    I love the puzzles, the lock picking, crafting items, collectables and mini games.... AC games have so much included that there is always something brilliant for everyone.
    I think the picture puzzles in AC 2 got me hooked, then there is a door in Revelation (my favourite Ezio game) in AC3 there are the underground exit puzzles which were very good. Unity gave us the nostradamus enigma puzzles... plus the murder mysteries. The puzzles really add an extra element to the game... rather than just opening a door... we use our minds rather than our hidden blade.
    This is what hooked me to AC world In WD2 is promising case of urban Shuffler legend but it looks rather like 'lets see where players go and we will create rest of it later'.
    Unfortunately after Black Flag, ubisoft stopped create game like before. I think the reason for this is because players become like music fans - before - demanding quality and sense ( Queen, Beatles, Rollings Stones ), now... Rhiana ( I don't care about spieling here ) and hop hop hop nonsense text... And ubisoft gives what v young people can compute in their empty brains - nonsense text and rhythmic bit.... It is v sad for me...

Well for me they all have stealth as an option and I love stealth games. In unity some missions would lose money if we got seen so it was not about running and shooting it was all about being careful... sometimes being slow and waiting and other times moving quickly before a guard turns around. AC games are great for stealth although when the boxing/ fighting was introduced in Syndicate I actually liked that... even though everyone else on here beat my highest combo

I have WD2 and although it is a great game that has built on the original WD I don't play it because it doesn't make me feel as involved as other games. I'm not sure Ubi are aiming at a specific age... I'm 58 and I've been playing ubi games nearly 30 years...
    I think a good game is one with good gameplay and is liked by everyone regardless of age or nationality or anything else... that's why I like AC so much... I played GTA V and even if you are 100 the game makes you act like you're 15 ... it is full of spiteful people who would rather spoil your game than enjoy it themselves. But AC Unity I met and played co-op with people from every continent, from so many different countries and so many different ages and... all of them were amazing... helpful, kind, showing tips and tricks so I guess different games attract different people... AC games just seem to have a nicer player.

Locopells's Avatar AC Forum Mod
    Originally Posted by Locopells Go to original post
    Dunno about III, I I've had this problem with ACR, couldn't figure it out. Will try the NVIDIA thing. Might be enough to just disable it.
    Yep, all I had to do was turn off the Share/Gamestream feature (which I've been meaning to do for ages, to get rid of the pop up every time I start a game...) and it's fine!

Thanks to strigoi1958 for the sig!