Thread: Game Launch Issues - Also short term workaround I've found | Forums

Game Launch Issues - Also short term workaround I've found

I bought the game yesterday after looking at many games to follow Witcher 3, Dragons Dogma, Shadow of Mordor and Rise of the Tomb Raider. All these games by the way ran like a champ straight out of the gate on my laptop. I am running on an MSI Dragon Edition with 32gb RAM and an 8gb GTX980 Desktop video card. This thing flat out smokes most games.

SO........,Every time I tried to launch the game it goes to the splash screen , looks like its loading and then loops me back to the Uplay screen. Rinse repeat. I tried all the file verifications, drive rollbacks and updates, disabled Afterburner, firewall, AVG , tru color etc. I run as admin from file explorer, tried running from Steam instead of Uplay and the same result for all. I did delete Uplay and redownload and it worked ONCE and once only.

Now, here is the wierd thing. I randomly stumbled across a workaround I am using at least for now. Not sure how I arrived at it but this is what I do.

1) Go to the FCPRIMAL exe file in file explorer (Ubisoft game launcher - games - Far Cry Primal - Bin - FCPRIMAL.exe

2) Right click and select Troubleshoot Compatibility , once it runs in just a few seconds select Try Recommended Settings - Test the program

3) The game launches, it however has an issue at this point with mouse range, cursor will not go to bottom of screen and will not go all the way to the left or right

4) Exit to Desktop now and run the game from Uplay

5) Voila launches with full mouse range

Strangely I have to follow this exact process to get it to run EVERY time. In addition I still have at least one annoying bug. The right mouse button when clicked occasionally pauses the game to the menu for no reason.

I also had to change my sound to 16 bit stereo 44000hz to get sound in the game.

So hopefully this can get someone else rolling BUT for Gods sakes Ubi this is BAD, Fix it already. I haven't had to mess with a game like this in years to get it running. I am running on a high end and very common set up. It should run flawless with zero tweaks.

Update - New bug, Saves not working,I was wrong on this. Saves are working as intended. You have to clear the beginning of the game and saves are no intended to be allowed during missions. Other than that in between missions "Save" is now an option .

I have the exact same problem....and your solution deals with this exactly as you say....do you know if there is any reason for this or if there is a fix to this please?

Heratix I suspect all we are doing is forcing the game to run in compatibility mode. I am running Windows 10 and after this process I believe its running in compatibility mode as Win 8. For now I have gotten so used to the process I am putting zero effort into a solution beyond this as it lets me run the game fine.

Out of curiosity are you running two monitors?

WID992007's Avatar Senior Member
    at this point

3) The game launches, it however has an issue at this point with mouse range, cursor will not go to bottom of screen and will not go all the way to the left or right

your ;running in a border-less windowed mode the game needs to load in full screen mode .. PRES ALT + enter to force a full screen mode

or edit your gamerprofile . xml file .. or set your game up in settings in full screen mode via settings when your in there

I have found the solution to this problem....i connected my tv to my pc as a second screen.....as soon as i unplugged it it worked fine again....primal seems to have a problem with a second screen.

WID992007's Avatar Senior Member
    yes Primal does have an issue with Multiple Displays .. until you configure it properly in game

works fine on my 24 in acer 1080 P screen with my seki 40 inch HDTV hooked up

you need to run both at same resolution it seems