Thread: BIG PROBLEM WITH GFORCE 4 MMX (with agp 8x) | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    I have tried all the things you said for the 3d analyzer and when i press run it says to me that my video card does not support some required features ( D3DFMT_R5G6B5 ), and when i press yes(after it says :do you want to lunch the game anyway?) it says:POP.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close! Why does it says this???? Please anwser
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    I have tried all the things you said for the 3d analyzer and when i press run it says to me that my video card does not support some required features ( D3DFMT_R5G6B5 ), and when i press yes(after it says :do you want to lunch the game anyway?) it says:POP.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close! Why does it says this???? Please anwser

XyZspineZyX
    D3DFMT_R5G6B5 Is a feature that maybe 3danalyzer does not support?? Otherwise, look for a tickbox that says something about Direct 3d Colours or something? ( I don't have 3danalyzer, but I'd assume D3D(Direct3d)(Frame)(Management?)_RGB -- colour profile?

--------------------
    XP2100+/RadeonSE9200. Does the job!
    --------------------
    Looking for a copy of POP 3d in Australia. PM me!
    --------------------

Message Edited on 12/22/0310:14AM by bLAdEbLA1

XyZspineZyX
    i also had a huge problem so i looked at the website . . . three i fond out that . . the geforce mx 440 in not supported here is where i found this http://www.princeofpersiagame.com/index.php under system requirements under game my question is why don;t they support this one single type of video card?

XyZspineZyX
    it isn't supported because it lacks certain graphical capabilities.

<center>
    <font color=#DD0000>[b]<font size=#3.5>
    Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia Moderator
    <font size=#2.5>

http://www.pcgamessource.com
    <font color=#000000>

XyZspineZyX
    what am i going to do? i have bought the game and i can't ply it!

XyZspineZyX
    Well I honestly would get a different video card as the Geforce 4 series was not really made for gaming, and you will encounter this problem more and more with other games coming out.

<center>
    <font color=#DD0000>[b]<font size=#3.5>
    Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia Moderator
    <font size=#2.5>

http://www.pcgamessource.com
    <font color=#000000>

XyZspineZyX
    Ummm I disagree.

I am more of an ATI fan, but the TRUE geforce 4 series really have nothing wrong with them other than they are getting a little old. The issue is the MX cards which were not meant for gaming as they are old minimal directx 7 based. The geforce4 MX was a total ripoff card as it was really nothing more than an overclocked geforce2mx which they slapped the geforce4 name in front of to confuse buyers. They are doing something similar now, though not as bad with thier XT series which is playing on the ati XT cards being their latest and greatest, meanwhile in nvidia-land, xt cards are slower. Nvidia has become a horrible company in my eyes, and I used to push then over ati until the R200 and R300 series cards from ati came out.

Also, I don't mean to be rude, but some people really need to READ the requirements before they buy the games. I believe it is stated right on the web page and I believe it may olso be on the box that they DON"T SUPPORT THE MX SERIES CARDS.

One of my cousins just did somethng similar. he bought a new hunting game from ATARI and didn't look at the specs, now he's complaining that it is horribly slow. he has integrated VIA PROsavage on his system and the game states right on the box -directx 9 hardware- um... the prosavage is directx7 and is just like the mx series.. meant for office and internet surfing, not gaming.

XyZspineZyX
    Solution:

1. Install the 44.35 win2k drivers if using win2k/xp
    (or equivalent for win9x)

2. Run the game

3. Set all gfx details to default

4. Reduce special fx and shadows to zero and turn off v-sync and change resolution to 640 by 480

problem should be fixed.

(Solution works for a GFORCE4 440 GO 32DDR)