Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK, this is my last Les Paul! -- For now. :D | Forums

OK, this is my last Les Paul! -- For now. :D

Couldn't leave Guitar Center today without this Limited Edition Les Paul Standard in Golden Pearl. OK, so I think 4 Gibson Les Paul guitars is enough.

Greg Koch does a much better job showing you how it sounds and describing the hardware.

Four more than I've needed, lol. Looks nice.

Another? Are they all in different tuning or is there overlap?

Wow, congrats again!

You've definitely caught the fever. Next thing you know you're going to be getting Les Paul's signature tatooed up your arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kynlore View Post
    Another? Are they all in different tuning or is there overlap?
    Thanks, Kynlore. I had no idea how rare these guitar are. They are truly a limited edition, and there are like 2 or 3 for sale anywhere posted on the 'net. I know, right, you're thinking, different tunings or stuff. Nope. I leave one (studio) at rehearsal for Retrosonic, another (Traditional) sits at rehearsal at Sinthetics, and two sit at home and go to gigs. I'll truly be Gold Jim with two gold tops at the gigs. I do the same with amps, which is why it's hard for me to get a 'group shot' of guitars and amps. I think because most of these YouTube people have all their stuff in one place. I have my crap spread all over the place. No one fire or something else will destroy all my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Working_Man View Post
    Wow, congrats again!

You've definitely caught the fever. Next thing you know you're going to be getting Les Paul's signature tatooed up your arm.
    On a serious note, I'm thinking of just getting the Gibson G

'cause I think the signature would be relatively boring.

You already had a gold top!!!!

I like this one.

What, you got 4 now?

All I know is that you deserve them.

What is the "how many guitars should I own equation"? I think it is the number currently owned + 1.

Last one ..... This week right Rcole is correct the right number is current# +1

Yeah, I had never seen or heard of the color before, not that I'm any kind of expert. I had to Google it for some more perspective. It's interesting. I think I like the gold tulip tuner on the standard over the studio tuners.

I'm just messing with you though. Buy as many as you want! If you are leaving them at different rehearsal places than I guess that is a good reason to keep adding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kynlore View Post
    Yeah, I had never seen or heard of the color before, not that I'm any kind of expert. I had to Google it for some more perspective. It's interesting. I think I like the gold tulip tuner on the standard over the studio tuners.

I'm just messing with you though. Buy as many as you want! If you are leaving them at different rehearsal places than I guess that is a good reason to keep adding.
    I originally walked in and the guys at GC VA Beach (all great guys who know me) said, "Jim, check out this Blueberry Burst Les Paul Standard". I loved the color, but $2799 was a bit much for me to add a color to my collection. Don't get me wrong, the guitar that they have in stock is gorgeous. Then I saw a 2016 left over in Tea Burst that looked beautiful and was $2299. Then I noted a Gold Pearl on the end. I played it and thought it was brand new. Now pick wear, no fingerprints, nothing. I saw the used sign and they said that a guy who was a collector sold a couple of his guitars to them. The V he sold them didn't last 24 hours. It was another limited run thing. I tried to forget about the LP over the weekend, but when I checked yesterday, they still had it. There was only one other one and it was on Reverb for almost the same $$. I called and got it yesterday. Ugh! Now I am looking at a Walnut that's $3999! Might have to sell the motorcycle!

$4K is getting into R8 or R9 vos territory. I would die for either of those.
     1 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast