Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK, this is my last Les Paul! -- For now. :D | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Kynlore View Post
    Another? Are they all in different tuning or is there overlap?
    Got to have multiple instruments for RS because of all the tunings. Two semi-tone difference is enough to through off a good set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold_Jim View Post
    I originally walked in and the guys at GC VA Beach (all great guys who know me) said, "Jim, check out this Blueberry Burst Les Paul Standard".
    By now they should be calling you over for a beer whenever they get in some new stuff.
     1 people found this helpful

I'm gonna move to your area and get a job selling guitars at gc.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePresident777 View Post
    Got to have multiple instruments for RS because of all the tunings. Two semi-tone difference is enough to through off a good set up.
    I don't use them for RS. I keep all of my LP's in Standard. The last time I detuned for a song was when I covered Brown Sugar about a decade or more ago.

BTW, the guitar I traded for it was sold sight unseen less than 5 minutes after the trade.

I don't use them for RS. I keep all of my LP's in Standard. The last time I detuned for a song was when I covered Brown Sugar about a decade or more ago.

BTW, the guitar I traded for it was sold sight unseen less than 5 minutes after the trade.
    Oh oh, there is more to the story. What did you trade in?

Oh oh, there is more to the story. What did you trade in?
    Ovation double neck 12 string from back when I wanted to do more Richie Sambora.

Ovation double neck 12 string from back when I wanted to do more Richie Sambora.
    Wow, didn't know double necks moved that fast. Don't see them used much.

Wow, didn't know double necks moved that fast. Don't see them used much.
    I was lucky. Guy was in an 80's band, and guess what song he wanted to play on it? "Wanted Dead or Alive". He special ordered it from Utah before I got out of sight! I didn't have time to change my mind. The ink wasn't dry on the sheet where I signed to turn over custody. No photos got taken, much less uploaded.

Not that anyone cared, but Richie actually played mine a looooooong time ago. This was before I thought to carry a Sharpie (I don't even know if they were around). Bon Jovi was going to do a gig to help raise $$ for our local hospital, and my mother in law was in charge of the entertainment. Richie and Jon both had summer camps in our town. Richie didn't have his full rig and "Wanted Dead or Alive" was still playing on FM radio. I loaned him my guitar. My wife said, "Are you sure? That's your favorite acoustic." Yeah, it was like that. I said, "I'm sure he'll return it." LOL

It was enough of a thrill for me to hang out and get some Polaroids with the band.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12