Thread: Add More Character Slots - Load outs aren't enough. | Forums

Add More Character Slots - Load outs aren't enough.

I think there are a good number of players who have reached the 4 character limit. Even if they are just being used for storage.

There are others who enjoy the leveling process and have deleted characters in order to experience it again and again.

Setting aside the myth that building a character with 'the most dps to melt everything' is the only way to go. This is a game of gear and builds. There is a point when earning new gear is a crippling experience - from a storage perspective. There is the temptation to hold on to great items that you can't use because you don't have a charater to use it with. We all know that there is the potential to have a zillion different builds right now. It becomes discouraging when it is difficult to experiment because of storage space and a '4 build limit.'

Adding more storage space would help, as will loadout's. However, there is 'fiddling' involved with both of those. What is ideal is to just get a character set up and not have to change gear sets and keep track of mulitple sets for the same charater.

One of the underlying reasons that changes have been made to the game is build diversity and play style options. I enjoy experimenting with different gear set and have felt severly limited. It's frustrated to be limited by the inventory management issues involved in only having 4 charaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Cap View Post
    I think there are a good number of players who have reached the 4 character limit. Even if they are just being used for storage.

There are others who enjoy the leveling process and have deleted characters in order to experience it again and again.

Setting aside the myth that building a character with 'the most dps to melt everything' is the only way to go. This is a game of gear and builds. There is a point when earning new gear is a crippling experience - from a storage perspective. There is the temptation to hold on to great items that you can't use because you don't have a charater to use it with. We all know that there is the potential to have a zillion different builds right now. It becomes discouraging when it is difficult to experiment because of storage space and a '4 build limit.'

Adding more storage space would help, as will loadout's. However, there is 'fiddling' involved with both of those. What is ideal is to just get a character set up and not have to change gear sets and keep track of mulitple sets for the same charater.

One of the underlying reasons that changes have been made to the game is build diversity and play style options. I enjoy experimenting with different gear set and have felt severly limited. It's frustrated to be limited by the inventory management issues involved in only having 4 charaters.
    This, I really enjoy starting from the beginning and working my way up to lvl 30. Especially now seems it's a bit harder. And I also enjoy doing the side missions as well so I'm constantly deleting my 4th build to keep doing this.
     1 people found this helpful

I honestly don't think I could be bothered grinding from 1-30 again. Loved it the 1St time got my 1St platinum but after that I just wanted to get to 30 as quick as possible. But hey if there's demand for this maybe it's a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by Swfc4eva1 View Post
    I honestly don't think I could be bothered grinding from 1-30 again. Loved it the 1St time got my 1St platinum but after that I just wanted to get to 30 as quick as possible. But hey if there's demand for this maybe it's a possibility
    Maybe they add a fast track option for players who have 1 character with a clean map.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Cap View Post
    Maybe they add a fast track option for players who have 1 character with a clean map.
    Now that would be great, I do have 4 chars and currently have 2 builds per char but if there were more character slots I'd be able to try every build. I guess if they could implement loadouts properly there might not be a need to add more slots. As you could have 1 dedicated char to just keep replaying the story over n over.

Quote Originally Posted by Swfc4eva1 View Post
    Now that would be great, I do have 4 chars and currently have 2 builds per char but if there were more character slots I'd be able to try every build. I guess if they could implement loadouts properly there might not be a need to add more slots. As you could have 1 dedicated char to just keep replaying the story over n over.
    It depends on how load-outs work and how players use them. I imagine players will either go with PvP and PvE or Skill and DPS trays.

To me, having had a loadout system in a different game taught me that it doesn't help with inventory management - it makes it harder.
    And, thats with with a game that had only 3 basic gear sets. DPS, Support and PvP.

With the Division there is far more choice and I can see players running different skill gear sets and still having a max DPS set on every character.

If anything it makes things more complicated and requires even more gear to organize.