The weakest of knights or another complain thread...KINDA

So its been like what? 2 month or so since the game has came out, The meta kinda figured its self out and there were already enough time to realise that where is an actuall tier list of characters.
    Lets skip the strongest: by that i mean warden with [/B]50/50 FULL RNG BASED CHAR[/B]...sorry i mean vortex and annoying zone attack ; and pks with even worse zone attack and quick as hell lights.

So, whats left? YEAAAAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIII. All we have left is MEME MACHINES.
    I am actually a rep 14 Lawbringer and i suffer from a masochism. This char is indeed PURE GARBAGE. Why is he so damn bad? Well, its supposed to be a Vangruar+heavy counter-attack hybrid, which from my understanding means a Raider+Conqueror with Valkyrie style of play. Correct me if im wrong but i do think that idea of a char is exactly that. What he actually become in game is that...well we cant really tell. There was thred of a guy who said like "YOU CAN BLOCK AN ENEMY ATTACK TO GET FREE PUSH"...well, since that push is doing only stamina damage, thats like really useless. You guys probably will say something like :" No Anton, you wrong, remember the infinite "grab with the pole skill name" combo when you can stun enemy for really long time if enemy is not paying attention and your teammates will kill guy for you!" Bro. Thats not how the game works. This kind of situation can happens only one or two times in the 4v4 match ups. Oh you got it like 4 or 5 times in 1 game? Well, good luck to playing with ******s i guess. Lucky you. What else can you say to defend honor of lawbringer? "85% of lawbringers moves will interrupt enemy revenge!."
    Bro. Its like create a PRIEST-SUPPORT CLASS in game. Developers did not create this char just to controll enemy revenge. Thats just dumb.
    Ok, lets say, with gear 108 on dominion lawbringer can get at least some points with his feats...but every other char can do that even better.

Moving on...the conqueror.
    Boy oh boy, how many people will disagree with me. So many people call him op that i might regret writing down my opinion on him.
    Ok. Here we go.
    CONQUEROR IS A BAD CHARACTER ...in duels.
    Just deal with the fact! Everyone alrady learned how to SIDE DASH. Even a fat-weeb can jump around the conq like he is work-out right in the middle of a fight.
    I am agree that conq is a TOTAL NOOB CRUSHER but there is no new players anymore, Every one learned how to press GB button, right?
    "But Anton, conq can deal lots of cheap damage with his shield bash! He actually has his own private feint and its gives u a super armor! He can stun enemy`s faces in the wall and SMUSH them to the grave!"
    Well, yeah, and also he has charge heavy and infinite light attack combo! YAY!
    NO its just straight up bad. Why? Coz conqueror is a living parry fish! Every single attack is super predictable! He has less HP then a warlord for some damnable reason and lets not forget about his counter`s! Pks, Berserkers, Wardens, Orochis...sometimes even a decent Raider and Kensei. These guys can melt us down pretty easy! Conqs only easy pray is nobushi. You would probably think that lawbringer is even easier, but no. LB has way more hp, so he is a tough nut for cheap conq damage.
    In dominion conq is pretty...uhm...ABOMINATION. With revenge gear he can destroy you so fast, that you will not even notice. But even that is counters by side dash. And devs probably will nerf revenge in time.
    I do think, that his combo must get nerf at some point, but the bad thing is...shield bash is ONLY thing he has. And if he is going to be nerfed, consider that they will probably add something else to his advantage. So...there you have it.

I would be glad if you guys write down your own thoughts about the BALANCE disaster.

P.S.
    I am sorry for my horrible engish. I hope i didnt brake anyone`s eyes.

You're not wrong when you say he is bad, perhaps not 'garbage' or 'fundamentally broken', but certainly lower tier in the competitive scenes.

That said I do dispute this idea that abilities or moves that don't do hp damage are useless. Stamina damage can be very useful if you are using it to control an opponents stamina/stamina regain... that said I very much so doubt it is something that can be done reliably in competitive settings. I must be one of the few people who actually likes how the Lawbringer fights right now, though that isn't to say that I don't think he needs tweaks and addition options, but I just don't think he needs a complete rework.

As for the Conqueror... well I can't speak for competitive trending but the last Extheleon video I watched more or less explained how 'safe' he is as a character when played at the top tier levels.

Conqueror is nearly comparable to Warden. Less likely to succeed on offense, but safer. The funny thing is, it's a worse Warlord nonethess and they're both up there in the top.

LB main as well. I wouldn't call him garbage.....but he is not very good at what he is supposed to do. I do really like the idea behind him being able to control an enemies stamina but assuming he gets it down and keeps it down there really isn't a way to take advantage of it. I've spent many matches of dual literally shoving my opponent to all four corners of our little arena keeping it down and looking for an opening of any kind. And on the subject of dual......I just want him to be in a place where I have a possibility of beating someone equally skilled with another character. There are far too many characters that have safe semi reliable damage. A perfect balanced example of this (In my humble opinion!) is the Orochi. He has very fast overhead light combo as well as a fast zone attack. Any player worth their salt not playing an assassin knows to be wary of that overhead and preferably keep your block rotating from top to right. LB has overhead light.....thats it......the end. There is no mix up like Raider heavy to overhead. No side step attack like Kensei. I wont mention the Warden. And certainly doesnt have the defense or ability to punish like the heavy classes. He is a hybrid that I think got the short end of the stick from both classes. And while Im here the PK can burn in hell.....the end.

Aarpian's Avatar Senior Member
    Conqueror is better than Warden. He also beats Warlord (though I wouldn't say he's better, just has specific tools to deal with him).
    The only thing that's really stopping the domination of conquerors is PK, who is a whole other level of OP.

Originally Posted by Aarpian Go to original post
    Conqueror is better than Warden. He also beats Warlord (though I wouldn't say he's better, just has specific tools to deal with him).
    The only thing that's really stopping the domination of conquerors is PK, who is a whole other level of OP.
    Lol sorry are we playing the the same game right now? Conqueror has nothing compared to the warden. I love the warden but i can admit that he is better than most of the roster. Conqueror is the weakest shield hero and has nothing that stands out except for shield bash combo that can be easily dodged after the first string.His zone attack is trash in brawls and duels. Maybe the zone attack is good in 4v4s but who cares about a game mode that involves power ups, gear stats, and feats. Oh and Warlord runs circle around the conqueror and for the most part everyone else as well, even warden.

Originally Posted by Mr.Riot Go to original post
    Lol sorry are we playing the the same game right now? Conqueror has nothing compared to the warden. I love the warden but i can admit that he is better than most of the roster. Conqueror is the weakest shield hero and has nothing that stands out except for shield bash combo that can be easily dodged after the first string.His zone attack is trash in brawls and duels. Maybe the zone attack is good in 4v4s but who cares about a game mode that involves power ups, gear stats, and feats. Oh and Warlord runs circle around the conqueror and for the most part everyone else as well, even warden.
    Probably not. I place top 8 in almost every tournament and win some, you're probably just stomping around in solo queue with 70% win rate.

Shield bash is almost completely unpunishable and pretty difficult to dodge, which is the main source of his strength. It doesn't matter if they dodge it, since you can just keep doing it while only having to worry about managing stamina.
    You can punish warlord, warden and nobushi for attempting to hit you with headbutt/shoulderbash/kick into free damage combo, by pressing omniblock and dodging into the attack for a free shield bash.
    He's also got pretty damaging out of stamina punishes, getting either a 45 damage charged heavy or 46 damage double heavy off knockdown. He can also feint light attacks and glitch his charged heavy indicator to make it basically unparriable.

The only thing that can really get under conqueror's skin is is a PK, but she murders everything.

Probably not. I place top 8 in almost every tournament and win some, you're probably just stomping around in solo queue with 70% win rate.

Shield bash is almost completely unpunishable and pretty difficult to dodge, which is the main source of his strength. It doesn't matter if they dodge it, since you can just keep doing it while only having to worry about managing stamina.
    You can punish warlord, warden and nobushi for attempting to hit you with headbutt/shoulderbash/kick into free damage combo, by pressing omniblock and dodging into the attack for a free shield bash.
    He's also got pretty damaging out of stamina punishes, getting either a 45 damage charged heavy or 46 damage double heavy off knockdown. He can also feint light attacks and glitch his charged heavy indicator to make it basically unparriable.

The only thing that can really get under conqueror's skin is is a PK, but she murders everything.
    Ok so 1v1 me with your conqueror. Do watever tricks you like as well.

Originally Posted by Mr.Riot Go to original post
    Ok so 1v1 me with your conqueror. Do watever tricks you like as well.
    Alright, add me on uplay.

Alright, add me on uplay.
    Please tell me your on psn