Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1000 Songs Giveaway And A New Top 40 Artists List | Forums

I kept scrolling down looking for the interview and then realized it was a video on YouTube.

I added it to my watch later list and will check it out after work.
     1 people found this helpful

Quote Originally Posted by toymachinesh View Post
    I'm confident it's still Fear of The Dark
    Uhhh, do you mean The Trooper?

Quote Originally Posted by dallasdave22 View Post
    Uhhh, do you mean The Trooper?
    No, I mean the top played DLC song is probably still Fear of The Dark

I don't know what it is about the Riff Repeater site, but it slows my browser down hard. Had to grab the YouTube and restart my browser.

Is that you doing the interviewing, Toy?

Quote Originally Posted by Gold_Jim View Post
    I don't know what it is about the Riff Repeater site, but it slows my browser down hard. Had to grab the YouTube and restart my browser.

Is that you doing the interviewing, Toy?
    Yeah that's me, what browser are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by toymachinesh View Post
    Yeah that's me, what browser are you using?
    Chrome on Win 10 PRO. The page kept updating over and over.

That's odd. I don't think anyone's reported something like that. It's probably Disqus though
    Last edited by toymachinesh; Yesterday at 04:29 PM.

Good interview!

I really enjoyed this interview. I think its cool that the RS team is so invested in the community and are willing and excited to give interviews like this.

In regards to the silent majority of users and what they may buy, if I had to guess(and I could be very wrong about this), I would say that pop-punk is probably the biggest seller. It seems like there have been a number of bands that fit into that category, and I think it makes sense. They're fun songs to play, and fairly easy to grow into and feel competent playing them. While I am one of the users who is vocal about getting more technical stuff in the game, I can't discredit the people who are at a different stage in their musical experience. This type of music can be very rewarding to learn.

I'm not surprised that the polls on The Riff Repeater don't match up with the larger RS community. Ubisoft collects all of the data, including what people actually buy and play, and how they use the software daily. There seems to be a core group who follow The Riff Repeater, but I imagine that the actual Rocksmith user base is much much bigger.

I really wanted to hear Brian's answer to an artist that surprised him saleswise. He mentioned Imagine Dragons, but it was a little vague. He seemed to suggest that there were arguments about whether to include them in the game at all, and didn't really get into whether their sales surprised him. Brian and Paul thought it would be good to expand Rocksmith's audience, and I agree, but I am a nerd for numbers and want to see what sells the best. And that's an itch I will never get scratched unless I start working for Ubisoft, lol.

I also really liked Paul's points about variety being the spice of life. I really liked the setlists for both Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 because they had a nice mix of lesser known artists or songs, and I found it was fun to learn about some of these groups. Some I knew, and loved, like The Dear Hunter and Minus the Bear, but I like an eclectic mix as well. I wish we would sometimes get packs of more Indie bands, or do something like they did with the JRock stuff and have two packs hit every week, with one pack being a big name artist or variety pack, and then a second pack, maybe even just 1 or 2 songs, from a relatively unknown or foreign group released in conjunction with the first. I think this would be a great way to introduce new and fresh bands to the game while still satisfying the core users who want the big names.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12