Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shugoki | Forums

Shugoki

Shugoki is the overpowered in every way.

If I am factually wrong about the shugoki please tell me

Damage: Shugoki can do half your health in a hit with his unblockable. Additionally whenever he knocks you down he can get in an entire unblockable attack.

Getting in hits: his uninterruptible stance makes it almost hopeless when he starts to do his unblockable. Additionally, because his swing is so broad even if you dodge he is probably going to kill you anyway because... logic

health: he has more health than any character in the entire game if I am not mistaken.

Speed: his grab where he then hits you with his mace thing is way too fast and it does absurd and unblockable damage.

Finally, because of his unblockable attacks and uninteruptable stance, if you are not in a very open area you are pretty much doomed. And if he gets you in a corner then he is almost certainly going to win.

I think shugoki needs a serious nerf

He's fine as is.

A gb even unsuccessful will remove his armor. It takes boutique 6 secs for it to come back. In that time he takes double damage.

His unblockable is extremely telegraphed and suppose to be parried.

You are factually wrong.

1) Damage: He needs that damage because he doesn't have a single combo longer than 2 moves.
    1b) Don't get knocked down then genius. That's not exactly anyone's win scenario. If a vanguard knocks you down, you're eating two top lights that kill, how is this functionally different? He's a heavy, he's supposed to brutalize.

2) Unblockable: Are...are you ill? You got the arthritis, boy? Are you missing a hand? How are you dealing with the slowest unblockable attack IN-GAME pray tell? Dodge doesn't keep you from harm by physically shifting your character, it uses something called invincibility frames. You're dodging way to early but besides that what you SHOULD be doing is PARRYING THAT ****. You're pressing the wrong button for your problem kid. Nice logic, how about you replay the tutorial.

3) Health: Duh. He's a heavy. Deal with it.

4) Grab Attack: It's like the 3rd slowest grab in game. It doesn't do absurd damage, all it does is absurd knockback, which he needs to get his hyper armor back if you managed to knock it off him. Counter Guard Break, Attack, or Back-Dodge like literally everyone who's better than you does. If he's got his hyper armor up, choose life and don't pick 'attack.' Everyone in the game has a guaranteed attack on GB, that one is his.

5) Win Scenario: Not even remotely true. He's near the bottom on duels, and 90% of those maps have precarious bridges. Try again.

6) "I think": I think you don't know how to parry. If your character can bash/charge/shove, do it and follow it up with your quickest (usually combo'd) attack, or maybe try this......LEARN TO PARRY. I could be wrong but I'm very sure this drops his Hyper Armor. If it doesn't, well it still buys you a hell of a lot of time to squeeze in a pair of light attacks.

Better yet, play a Shugoki for a while in Duel and watch how people murder you. Once you know what a Shugoki can't do, you'll be in a much better spot to force them in that position.

Also personal question, how the hell do you get caught in a corner? He's got the slowest move in the game. Even if he demon-ball's you into it, you've got enough time to get up and side dodge. How hard is it to make sure you're not near a wall?
    Last edited by Rahnzan; 03-20-2017 at 03:14 PM.
     2 people found this helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Rahnzan View Post
    You are factually wrong.

1) Damage: He needs that damage because he doesn't have a single combo longer than 2 moves.
    1b) Don't get knocked down then genius. That's not exactly anyone's win scenario. If a vanguard knocks you down, you're eating two top lights that kill, how is this functionally different? He's a heavy, he's supposed to brutalize.

2) Unblockable: Are...are you ill? You got the arthritis, boy? Are you missing a hand? How are you dealing with the slowest unblockable attack IN-GAME pray tell? Dodge doesn't keep you from harm by physically shifting your character, it uses something called invincibility frames. You're dodging way to early but besides that what you SHOULD be doing is PARRYING THAT ****. You're pressing the wrong button for your problem kid. Nice logic, how about you replay the tutorial.

3) Health: Duh. He's a heavy. Deal with it.

4) Grab Attack: It's like the 3rd slowest grab in game. It doesn't do absurd damage, all it does is absurd knockback, which he needs to get his hyper armor back if you managed to knock it off him. Counter Guard Break, Attack, or Back-Dodge like literally everyone who's better than you does. If he's got his hyper armor up, choose life and don't pick 'attack.' Everyone in the game has a guaranteed attack on GB, that one is his.

5) Win Scenario: Not even remotely true. He's near the bottom on duels, and 90% of those maps have precarious bridges. Try again.

6) "I think": I think you don't know how to parry. If your character can bash/charge/shove, do it and follow it up with your quickest (usually combo'd) attack, or maybe try this......LEARN TO PARRY. I could be wrong but I'm very sure this drops his Hyper Armor. If it doesn't, well it still buys you a hell of a lot of time to squeeze in a pair of light attacks.

Better yet, play a Shugoki for a while in Duel and watch how people murder you. Once you know what a Shugoki can't do, you'll be in a much better spot to force them in that position.

Also personal question, how the hell do you get caught in a corner? He's got the slowest move in the game. Even if he demon-ball's you into it, you've got enough time to get up and side dodge. How hard is it to make sure you're not near a wall?
    Agreed. Git gud.

Quote Originally Posted by VernalBreak View Post
    Shugoki is the overpowered in every way.

If I am factually wrong about the shugoki please tell me

Damage: Shugoki can do half your health in a hit with his unblockable. Additionally whenever he knocks you down he can get in an entire unblockable attack.

Getting in hits: his uninterruptible stance makes it almost hopeless when he starts to do his unblockable. Additionally, because his swing is so broad even if you dodge he is probably going to kill you anyway because... logic

health: he has more health than any character in the entire game if I am not mistaken.

Speed: his grab where he then hits you with his mace thing is way too fast and it does absurd and unblockable damage.

Finally, because of his unblockable attacks and uninteruptable stance, if you are not in a very open area you are pretty much doomed. And if he gets you in a corner then he is almost certainly going to win.

I think shugoki needs a serious nerf
    He's a very unique character, so you need to use different tactics against him.

I think that if you tried playing Shugoki you'd revise your opinion. His attacks are all very slow. The only exception being his headbutt, but he has to hit you with a light attack first before he can use it, unlike the Warlord. Yes, his unblockable does a lot of damage, but it's slow and telegraphed, and very easy to parry.

His uninterruptible stance lets him trade blows, but only absorbs one hit. Opening against him with a heavy attack is playing into his hands. Use 2 fast lights to get rid of the armor and stuff his attack. Guard break also work, even if he counter GB's.

Hi health is fine, pretty comparable to the other heavy classes from what I can see, particularly considering he takes extra damage when his uninterruptible stance is down.

Personally, the one thing that I think they should tweak with Shugoki is his Demon's Embrace attack, specifically that it insta-kills the opponent when Shogoki is at low health. It's normal damage is fine, considering the risk/reward of losing a good chunk of health if he misses, but the insta-kill is BS.
    Last edited by RenfieldX; 03-20-2017 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RenfieldX View Post
    He's a very unique character, so you need to use different tactics against him.

I think that if you tried playing Shugoki you'd revise your opinion. His attacks are all very slow. The only exception being his headbutt, but he has to hit you with a light attack first before he can use it, unlike the Warlord. Yes, his unblockable does a lot of damage, but it's slow and telegraphed, and very easy to parry.

His uninterruptible stance lets him trade blows, but only absorbs one hit. Opening against him with a heavy attack is playing into his hands. Use 2 fast lights to get rid of the armor and stuff his attack. Guard break is also works.

Hi health is fine, pretty comparable to the other heavy classes from what I can see, particularly considering he takes extra damage when his uninterruptible stance is down.

Personally, the one thing that I think they should tweak with Shugoki is his Demon's Embrace attack, specifically that it insta-kills the opponent when Shogoki is at low health. It's normal damage is fine, considering the risk/reward of losing a good chunk of health if he misses, but the insta-kill is BS.
    I agree with the instakill thing. The damage and the health recovery should be reward enough.
     1 people found this helpful

I have to some what agree, I could understand if the back break wouldant heal him, but as it is he can do that run in and take you on his shoulder with no problem.

Rahnzan, you disagreed with me and thats fine but literally everything you said is talking about how I am wrong about it being OP rather than me actually being factually wrong about anything... so do you know what a "fact" is? Also you kind of ignored the part of his strikes being to broad. Look, I am not necessarily right and I could be wrong about his power level but what the heck! your post about me being "factually wrong" seems to say nothing about "facts" is just raging about how you think that the very idea that I think there is an unbalanced character is terrible.

Now, I am going to respond to it like it was at all constructive (which it wasn't):

If he knocks you down he can get an entire unblockable attack in. Am I wrong about that? Additionally, pretty much any move (even if slow) that does half your health evenif your not a mercy or something think is kind of overpowered.

His unblockable is really hard to block because of its weird timing. I find that significantly faster attacks like a wardens heavy attack is easier to parry than his unblockable.

Also, I just did two duels as the shugoki and won both of them all three first rounds.

I think the timing of his unblockable is so off that no one really ever blocks it.

I think I was kind of just ranting about a fight I was just in so I put him as more powerful than he really is. I think his strikes should be less broad, the timing of his unblockable should be different.

One thing however, seems to be broken.

Without his aura, he seems to lose every last trace of mass he had. A shugoki without aura, gets knocked back too far and regains his block too fast. Only the wardens zone attack is fast enough, to punish the shugoki after a parry - that needs adjustment.
     1 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast