Thread: Please rework the melee mechanics. | Forums

This idea isn't reasonable at all.

If you wanted realistic and doable, you could've suggested ditch the knife altogether and keep only the buttstock.

And maybe one buttstock hit puts the enemy in DBNO state, and you can finish him with another hit.

Either way, I think the knife looks kinda stupid and too CoDish for my taste.

Ubi-Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by Rick..C-137 Go to original post
    This idea isn't reasonable at all.

If you wanted realistic and doable, you could've suggested ditch the knife altogether and keep only the buttstock.

And maybe one buttstock hit puts the enemy in DBNO state, and you can finish him with another hit.

Either way, I think the knife looks kinda stupid and too CoDish for my taste.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this Rick..C-137!

Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post
    Only to be topped by the satisfaction of "Stealth kill for the final killcam"
    Originally Posted by richo63uk Go to original post
    I vote leave as is. As much as being realistic as possible but R6S is more arcade style than realism and would take too much to program in.
    There are plenty of things to fix before melee kills would get a look in.
    Originally Posted by killerstar737 Go to original post
    I really like the stealth kill thing and the nerf to damage could be cool but it would be more that 35 damage. I'm thinking more like 65 or 80 kind of thing so it's still useful but not stupid so if you had 90 health and a bandit runs into the room and somehow knifes you from 10 ft away you wouldn't die.
    You know, another reason I hate the one hit melee is because it feels too much like COD. The Battlefield Knife mechanics I like, you can only one hit melee someone from behind them, otherwise it takes 2-3 hits, but they could use some improvements as well. I know this game isn't suppose to be super realistic but I still think this kind of melee mechanic would be great, when both you and the enemy run out of ammo you could have an epic knife showdown with them. It would also be cool if we could keep the knife out in our hand for even faster swinging, until we put it away. Like I said, knifing would be best used on low health enemies and for when you run out of ammo, just like real life. If you guys think the damage changes I put on the post need tweaks then feel free to say so.

Something else that might be worth mentioning, knifing isn't actually just simply programmed kill you instantly, it does 250 damage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39CNuMB45S0