Thread: Ubisoft Toronto hiring a new community developer. Time to communicate about SC 7? | Forums

H0EY's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by NightGhost1994 Go to original post
    This!

CT Bank as the man said.
    I'd also like to add Penthouse, Displace and Hokkaido, SC1 CIA mission and PT Jerusalem into the mix.
    That's why i would like huge sandbox levels, best of both worlds.
    A nice mixture of interior and exterior gameplay, exterior would make it feel like a proper infiltration like GZ adding different environments like snow jungle etc then when you get to the building all the classic SC mechanics kick in.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...1#post10201591

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...1#post10903678

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...1#post10916026
    Some of the ideas i was kicking about before, i think they could work really well if done right.

Same link 3 times, fixed it
     1 people found this helpful

you can go around the side or go through the front door then right or straight , head to the roof work your way back down through the co-op route, it's not perfect but it's better than most of BL
    The only real smart way to go is to go on the side and climb the pipe to the top. Going through the front door is a ******* move since there's a guard dog in the next room that detects you through the door with a broken-*** smell range and you can't go through the doors to the right because as I said, shadows don't work in BL so it's pointless. The coop route leads you to the exact same room so it's another pointless route. Leaving the player to only one real route. THE PIPE.

This is one of my biggest problems with Blacklist. They have STUPID alternate routes which are 70% WORSE than the main path. They either dump you out into the open, or they bring you into the exact same place, just in a different way.

You can open the door and walk into the center of the room

OR!

You can climb in a vent NEXT to said door and the end of the vent drops you into

The center of the ****ing room.

It's either ^that^ or you're in an even worse spot than the main path.

Dome500's Avatar Senior Member
    [QUOTE=EddieTheBunny2;12478490]
    Originally Posted by H0EY Go to original post

Oh my god, I remember when Zack Cooper asked me on Facebook to stop talking **** about the game. Then when this was revealed, I asked him what about all the scripted **** where Sam is loud as **** and barges through windows like a swat unit to take out people? He NEVER gave me a straight forward answer. He just brushed it off and ignored me... AND PEOPLE SAY HE'S A GOOD COMMUNITY DEVELOPER

This is the kind of **** I'm talking about. They don't care about you. They just want to half-*** everything, put in a little tiny pinch of stealth SOMEWHERE in the game, show it to you, and then say "Oh, you can make the WHOLE GAME like this!" When in reality, you can't at all.
    If you were as aggressive, cursing and angry as you are these days back then I can't blame the man to brush your messages off to be honest. Just because you did not get the answer you wanted doesn't mean he is a bad person. I mean first and foremost he has his job, and he just used to be a "lowly ComDev" (not meant offensively), to a degree he has to play by the rules and there are things he is not allowed to say as well as things that he is required to say in certain ways or brush off if he wants to keep his job. I mean don't get me wrong, I', sure he is no saint. But still.

There is also the issue - like I said - of how you are approached. I talked to the man a couple of times via various messaging systems, and he is a good guy. Maybe not in the ideal position always. I still feel he is too good for a company like Ubisoft, but he seems to like the company and be passionate about various games the company holds rights to. And you can not say he did not heavily involve himself during the process of development before release and even some time after (a couple of weeks). After that it was on to new projects for him, I think he even changed positions within the studio. So obviously he wasn't gonna stay on the forums and continue posting all the time, these people work a lot of hours a week.

Anyway, it's all about how you approach him and how you express yourself. Hell, that is one of the main reasons I don't often respond to your posts, because I just feel so much negativity and hate coming from it that I can't properly discuss anything with you. You are a person who can (at least in this regard) clearly not see things relatively objectively and it seems like you have a very hard time seeing other people's perspectives often. You are constantly (and almost obsessively) cynical, pessimistic and express yourself in a way that often makes you look vulgar and immature, no offense.

You lurk here on the forums almost every day apparently (granted, I can't say that for sure), and I wonder why. Blacklist (a game you do not like at all) came out in 2013. Don't you have other things to do? Other games to play maybe? It must be hard and very exhausting to complain every week. I couldn't do it. I'm busy playing other games, studying, working. Sure, I'm still around here. But just every once in a while, out of boredom or because I feel like it. I don't come here to hate or complain, nor to curse or fill this space with nothing but negativity. I come here to talk and discuss things with people that I have got to know when Blacklist came out, people I like and sympathize with, people I share some opinions with and share the passion for Stealth games (or games in general) with.

Speaking of which, I don't recall you being around a lot back before or when Blacklist was released. I don't remember talking all that much with you, if ever. I'm just saying, it's been a while. And sure we can still talk about the game, analyze it, express new POVs that we have been discovering on the game, stealth games or the industry. On Ubisoft in comparison with other companies, on their newest games, etc. Sure we can still complain here and there. But a lot of people here spend their time contributing to this forum with interesting posts about videos they have seen on other games, about upcoming stealth titles, about the nature of Open World games. Bringing forth examples of good design decisions on all kinds of games versus what they did not like, especially in Ubisoft games of course, or what they actually DID like - which elements were good (because of course there are SOME elements that are good, even in Ubisoft games).

But a lot I see coming from you sounds like a broken record. Direct hate towards everything Ubisoft. Their games, their employees, their business models, their future. All of it is negative, and none of it will change. And I begin to ask myself: If you TRULY believe that from the bottom of your heart, why are you still here? Why are you here wasting your time talking to a wall, why do you keep shouting into the echo-chamber?

Just my opinion of course. Feel free to hate me for it or be angry with me or feel offended. I'm just saying how I see things, blatantly honest, that's just how I am.

Originally Posted by EddieTheBunny2 Go to original post
    The only real smart way to go is to go on the side and climb the pipe to the top. Going through the front door is a ******* move since there's a guard dog in the next room that detects you through the door with a broken-*** smell range and you can't go through the doors to the right because as I said, shadows don't work in BL so it's pointless. The coop route leads you to the exact same room so it's another pointless route. Leaving the player to only one real route. THE PIPE.

This is one of my biggest problems with Blacklist. They have STUPID alternate routes which are 70% WORSE than the main path. They either dump you out into the open, or they bring you into the exact same place, just in a different way.

You can open the door and walk into the center of the room

OR!

You can climb in a vent NEXT to said door and the end of the vent drops you into

The center of the ****ing room.

It's either ^that^ or you're in an even worse spot than the main path.
    I never had that issue with the dog, once you get into that main room you have 3 options. Don't forget the ladder to the roof too
    It's one of the best levels designed in the game, very small but lovely sandbox design.

@Dome i don't know what way the quote is but it makes it look like me having an episode

If you were as aggressive, cursing and angry as you are these days back then I can't blame the man to brush your messages off to be honest.
    No, I was cursing and calling them ****** bags. THAT'S when he did a personal message to my profile and said "Is it really necessary to call us ****** bags?". That's when I had my chance to personally talk to a dev. From then on, I didn't say anything "mean" to him. Didn't swear or anything. We had normal Q&A's every now and then where I'd ask a light question and he's give a simple answer. Everything that was crucial to a good Splinter Cell was always ignored like the one I asked.

And one thing ALL of you need to get on here, is that I'm never angry on here. For some reason when I drop a swear word, everyone seems to think I'm exploding with anger.

Just because you did not get the answer you wanted doesn't mean he is a bad person.
    I never said he's a bad person. Again with the assumptions. I don't care who these people are in real life. I just ask for Christ's sake, that they actually know what the **** they're doing with the series. I already said Zack Cooper is very enthusiastic, great personality, but he doesn't know what the **** he's talking about. I feel that way for Patrick Redding and the absolute MOST I feel that about is Maxime Beland.

I don't care who they are outside their jobs, that doesn't matter. Who they are as a person doesn't effect the outcome of the game, it's the knowledge or in their case, their ignorance.

and there are things he is not allowed to say as well as things that he is required to say in certain ways or brush off if he wants to keep his job.
    Dude... "Is there a way to avoid scripted cutscenes so Ic an actually ghost a level?"
    ^THAT^ is a question you're not allowed to answer? What the hell is revealing about that?
    All his response told me was "No, but I won't outright tell you because then you'll know we're bull****ing everyone into thinking this game is actually true to its title"

After that I pretty much had enough of the **** and didn't bother.

And you can not say he did not heavily involve himself during the process of development before release and even some time after (a couple of weeks).
    Well, no ****, they HAD TO involve themselves, how else are they going to promote a product? Really? You're giving them credit for being involved two weeks after release?
    Compared to how deeply committed to selling this game BEFORE it released is noticeably lasted MUCH longer since it was months BEFORE release and only two weeks AFTER. That shows how "committed" they are. The game flops and they stop answering questions, stop monitoring forums, service, players, they back out of it completely. The bottom line is they stopped caring about this game after they realized they were not going to get the expected sales. SALES is what mattered to them and sales only. They got plenty of sales to make another one and support the current game, but since it didn't get the amount they wanted, they abandoned everything completely.

these people work a lot of hours a week.
    And they're paycheck is pretty ****in' big too.

You are a person who can (at least in this regard) clearly not see things relatively objectively and it seems like you have a very hard time seeing other people's perspectives often. You are constantly (and almost obsessively) cynical, pessimistic and express yourself in a way that often makes you look vulgar and immature, no offense.
    Honestly, pal. Get used to me. I realize I become quite a different person when discussing Splinter Cell. I am VERY pessimistic, I'll give you that, but that's only when it comes to this subject.
    As a person, believe it or not, I'm positive as hell. I still swear and everything, but if you met me in real life, you'd never guess it was me writing the **** I write on here. Ubisoft has let so many people down. I continuously choose not to be ignored.

You don't need to say "no offense". I can take an insult or a difference in opinion/view. If I oppose it, I'll say something. It seems my opposition is what offends others into thinking I'm this angry person. People need to learn to take an insult.

You lurk here on the forums almost every day apparently (granted, I can't say that for sure), and I wonder why.
    Not every day, but you can say so.
    Why? Because this is the only way to communicate with fellow Splinter Cell fans and have a debate or an agreement or general discussion. That is what forums are for after all.

Don't you have other things to do?
    I do quite a bit, pal. And if you're able to notice me enough on here, shouldn't I reiterate the question to you?

It must be hard and very exhausting to complain every week. I couldn't do it.
    When I add a general complaint into a comment and you're only taking the complaint into account instead of the entire comment, that's being pessimistic. Just a heads up.

Other games to play maybe?
    I stopped playing games awhile ago, actually. I only discuss them so when something interesting enough to me comes out, THEN I'll go back to playing them. Have you noticed I haven't really been releasing videos in awhile? That's because I'm bored and don't play anything. The last time I can say I actually played games to play games was when Dark Souls 3 came out a year ago. I might get back on it to try the new DLC, but once I'm finished, I'll probably get back off and put the ol' Xbox away again.

Speaking of which, I don't recall you being around a lot back before or when Blacklist was released.
    That's because I had multiple accounts and I never talked the way I do. I was always polite to Ubisoft like a little goodie two shoes. After Blacklist was revealed on June 4th 2012, that's when everything changed. That's when I said "Something's not working here, no matter how much we tell them what to do and how polite we say it, they just continue to do nothing about it". And ever since then, I've been getting VERY different replies from Ubisoft.

But a lot of people here spend their time contributing to this forum with interesting posts about videos they have seen on other games, about upcoming stealth titles, about the nature of Open World games. Bringing forth examples of good design decisions on all kinds of games versus what they did not like, especially in Ubisoft games of course, or what they actually DID like - which elements were good (because of course there are SOME elements that are good, even in Ubisoft games).
    And I've thrown in my 2 cents into them. I've already said repeatedly, I'm interested in the new Styx game, but because of the pre-order stuff and how games have been going lately with their broken releases, I decided to wait. However, I'm still hearing great things about the new Styx, but I'm also still going to wait a bit to play it.

But a lot I see coming from you sounds like a broken record. Direct hate towards everything Ubisoft. Their games, their employees, their business models, their future. All of it is negative, and none of it will change. And I begin to ask myself: If you TRULY believe that from the bottom of your heart, why are you still here? Why are you here wasting your time talking to a wall, why do you keep shouting into the echo-chamber?
    Let's retrace the steps since I've already answered this.
    I'm on here to speak with YOU GUYS. I happen to always take a jab at Ubisoft on here because why? CAUSE I CAN.

Just my opinion of course.
    Actually I'd say some of that was factual and some was opinion, but the pessimistic thing was dead on. Kudos to you.

Feel free to hate me for it or be angry with me or feel offended
    If you want to actually irritate me, accuse me of being angry. I won't be offended, but I'll be a bit irritated that you believe I'm actually this very pissed off dude.

I'm just saying how I see things, blatantly honest, that's just how I am.
    And honesty is one of the best qualities in people.

Dome500's Avatar Senior Member
    I never said he's a bad person. Again with the assumptions.
    Okay. My bad. Sorry for assuming

And they're paycheck is pretty ****in' big too.
    Not as big as you think. No seriously. Some LEAD devs maybe, but most standard devs don't get that much more, and they often work unpaid overtime from what I hear. Burn-out is a very common thing in this industry. Not to talk about community devs which - if you can believe the rumors - earn even less than normal devs (but more than programmers I think).

Honestly, pal. Get used to me.
    That's not really easy to do if all that comes from your side is negativity. Maybe you need to take some time to get some distance to the topic and then get back in on it? Just a suggestion.

I realize I become quite a different person when discussing Splinter Cell. I am VERY pessimistic, I'll give you that, but that's only when it comes to this subject
    Which is what I said.

When I add a general complaint into a comment and you're only taking the complaint into account instead of the entire comment, that's being pessimistic. Just a heads up.
    Yeah. One of the main problems I have is that the ratio of one to the other is so big. Don't get me wrong. I read your comments if I'm reading a certain thread. Completely. Like I said before, there are some genuinely good points in there here and there. I would love to discuss them at times. It's just that the way you discuss them is a little difficult, and like you said yourself, when it comes to Splinter Cell (or Ubisoft) you are very pessimistic.

I stopped playing games awhile ago, actually. I only discuss them so when something interesting enough to me comes out, THEN I'll go back to playing them. Have you noticed I haven't really been releasing videos in awhile? That's because I'm bored and don't play anything. The last time I can say I actually played games to play games was when Dark Souls 3 came out a year ago. I might get back on it to try the new DLC, but once I'm finished, I'll probably get back off and put the ol' Xbox away again.
    I actually think that is one of the problems here. You need to go out, try new games. I know there is a lot of garbage out there these days, but there are a few gems here and there too. Just find some games to occupy you, to revitalize a little bit of positivaty when it comes to games. I was like that a while ago. Only playing a few games a year, maybe even just 1 or 2, living in an echo-chamber of always having the same experiences with games, then stopping to play for quite a while and just discussing them. Problem is I find that more often that not - much like in science - theory and practical application have to go hand in hand. You have to keep playing to be able to develop and evolve your opinions, POVs and insight on games, to be able to discuss them better.

And I've thrown in my 2 cents into them. I've already said repeatedly, I'm interested in the new Styx game, but because of the pre-order stuff and how games have been going lately with their broken releases, I decided to wait. However, I'm still hearing great things about the new Styx, but I'm also still going to wait a bit to play it.
    Yeah, I've mostly sworn of preorders as well these days, aside from some VERY special exceptions. Newest Mass Effect Andromeda release proves once again why it is a terrible idea to preorder. But in general it's just a bad practice. I rather wait until release day when all reviews are out and people actually tested it, then order it a few days later. Saves from a lot of disappointment.

I hear Sniper Elite 4 is not bad. Also looking forward to Shadows of War later this year. I hate that Horizon Zero Dawn is not available for PC.

Let's retrace the steps since I've already answered this.
    I'm on here to speak with YOU GUYS. I happen to always take a jab at Ubisoft on here because why? CAUSE I CAN.
    Maybe that's my problem. I don't mind people talking bad about Ubisoft, I'm not a Ubidrone, but I guess I always saw this part of your posts as your main message, as the thing you focus on (simply because your repeat it so often and always underline it with curse words, etc ).

Actually I'd say some of that was factual and some was opinion, but the pessimistic thing was dead on. Kudos to you.
    Well a lot of is was opinion. In fact I'd say from a psychological perspective a lot of what we perceive, how we interpret and encode things in out environment, even visual information - but especially language - is very subjective and the meaning can depend a lot on what defines you as a person. As such even if I observe some things as facts, other people might have a different view on these "facts" and might see them differently, take them differently.

But lets not split hairs and get all technical and literal here.

If you want to actually irritate me, accuse me of being angry. I won't be offended, but I'll be a bit irritated that you believe I'm actually this very pissed off dude.
    Believe it or not, sometimes it SEEMS that way. I'm not reading ALL your posts either. So it's very easy to get the wrong impression of someone, especially on the internet. But I guess I learned something today, got to know another side of you. Maybe. We'll see

And honesty is one of the best qualities in people.
    That I can agree on. Even if it hurts sometimes, it's better than lying to people.

S.V.'s Avatar Senior Member
    I'll wait the movie of this topic

semajmarc87's Avatar Senior Member
    Oh good. Ubisoft is hiring a new member for their spin team.

S.V.'s Avatar Senior Member
    a crucial member

Page 7 of 7 ◄◄  First ... 567